how many do side by side evaluations?

how many do side by side evaluations?

• everytime I try a new chem or tool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already know everything, so why bother?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
curious how many actually do side by side evaluations.

I've done a fair amount going way back to when I first became a rug sucker 20 years ago

I do side by sides nearly everytime I clean my own carpets.
I do SbS on trashed rat nasties for chem evaluations and mecahnical scrub tools/accesories
I'll do next day follow-up checks too.
Ya'll might be surprised how some methods/techniques can look quite different the next day when completely dry

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

Frequent side by sides. In my own home, and the real challenge my freaking money pit rental properties.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Every time I try something new, I will try my own house. Just for the fact that it could be different the next day as stated by Meat.

Able 1

Name
Keith
The only side by side evaluations i've done at home were all dry time realated.

I will go into rentals and try different chems in all the rooms though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I do quite a lot of testing and side by sides.........

I do a lot of reality work and get a lot of empty's where they just leave a key and no one is there to bother me......

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've done a little but seriously find it hard to evaluate. When 2 diferent chems work it will take me a long time to determine what may be better (diferent carpet type, soils..ect).

Albert

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Albert Lazo said:
I've done a little but seriously find it hard to evaluate. When 2 diferent chems work it will take me a long time to determine what may be better (diferent carpet type, soils..ect).

Albert

I agree, any new chem (once you realize it isn't screwing the carpet up) needs to be tried and tried again in the real world before you KNOW it works. Sometimes it's the excitement or lack thereof that makes you decide right away.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have tried different chems in different situtations, but have not yet done side by sides. I know that side by sides are the only difinitive way to acurrately judge chems/techniques and I plan to start doing them. In fact I have a project car in the garage with an old area rug underneath it. its been there for a long time and I am planning on doing a side by side on that rug. i am planning to test enzall, grease eraser, and Judsons o2 when I recieve my first order of it.

SteveSmith

I have always done side by side when testing any new product.

I always tell people to not believe anything me or anyone else tells them until they have had a chance to do side by side testing… It’s the only way to be sure.

For accurate evaluations, new products should never be compared based on what someone thinks cleaned better or worse this time. They should only make a comparison in an absolute Side By Side, on the same carpet and under the exact same soiling conditions. Several tests may be necessary when the comparisons are close.

I agree with Larry on going back after the carpet is dry. The carpet can appear quite differently when it is still wet or damp.

I also encourage everyone to test all their products for sticky or dirt attracting residue.

Remember the rule, “First in…Last out”? If you apply a product that can leave behind a dirt attracting residue to a dry carpet, it will be difficult to completely remove it in its entirety when you rinse. Therefore, the carpet will not stay clean as long as if you had used a product that will not leave a dirt attracting residue.

If anyone would like me to email them a simple and easy procedure to test the products they use for dirt attracting residue, just drop me an email with “Sticky Residue” in the subject line.

Thanks,

Steve Smith
Steve@vacaway.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom