How many freebies do you do a year?

Mikey P

Administrator
Sweet little old ladies with killer cookies?

Stray Dog or Cat societies?

Non Profits that hit home?

The Mother In Law?

Able 1

Name
Keith
The only freebies I do is for people that make me money and my parents of course.

This aint no hobby!

Keith

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Lots. Mostly giving a good customer a free emergency spot removal, plus charitable work.

Sweet little old ladies have been known to house-sit for their nasty lawyer children, so get nothing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Anyone who refers me out...alot
My house
Dad
Sometimes to get a spot out for a good customer.

If we are counting 1/2 off work, I do a few of those for those who spend money on me.

I have had 1 person screw me for $75.00 in the five years in this area. I consider myself lucky and chalk it up to charity.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
use to do some donations for the school PTA

got a friend with ALS who really help me along the way when I started carpet cleaning so the ALS Association auctions off some jobs and I go do them, also clean his home carpet for free

always wanted to clean the Ronald McDonald House with the local chappter of the CCINW but never seem to get the timing right

do some discounted work for people that I know who otherwise wouldn't purchase carpet cleaning services because the can't afford it

the old lady with the killer cookies actually pays very well :shock:

Walt

I get a kick out of doing it. So:

Ronald Mc Donald House (not this year, but the year before that) - Good cause and good times.

Pug (dog) Rescue - free carpet cleaning and dozens of spotter bottles.

Friends who can't afford it - They always seem to find something nice to do in return. I don't keep tabs though.

The in-laws house

My sister and her partners home

My Grandmother

Free Spot removal for friends.

I do spots for good customers (or just nice ones) for free frequently when I am in the neighborhood.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
A few a year. I have 2 kids and a dog so I clean a lot. My parents, my day care once a year for a charity event and a few here and there.

Al

We do it a couple of times a year, more often a free set of stairs or a sofa for a nice old couple that can only afford to get the carpets cleaned. 8)

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Always believe in giving back...

An if anyone in our area ever decides to do charity work,count on us...

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
We do 1 to 2 a month.

We just did one yesterday for a gentleman who just recently was diagnosed with some vicious cancer throughout his body. Married with 6 kids. I wanted the house to be clean and healthy while he was going through chemo.

We are going to start looking for opportunities with kids who are going through cancer treatment to keep the house healthy.

They keep me honest and also lets the employees get involved when they may not get an opportunity to so on their own.

Able 1

Name
Keith
How do you get those jobs do you give your number to the hospital? I think i would like to do that a couple time a year.

Name
Jesse
Way to many currently. I like to keep our guys busy so I fill gaps with free cleanings or spot cleanings for our commercial customers. Instead of taking a forced break I pick the closest and most convenient commercial account we have. Doing this improves our value to our clients, leads to work for neighboring businesses and employee's, makes it easier to clean when we come back on schedule. The customers who receive free service unprompted can make great referral sources.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am going to clean some hallways for free for a senior living facility that keeps me busy.
I wan't to try the cimex on it. So really it is a test, but at the same time it's free to them.
I'm a selfish bastard I guess.
:|

Mikey P

Administrator
Out Of Character said:
Way to many currently. I like to keep our guys busy so I fill gaps with free cleanings or spot cleanings for our commercial customers. Instead of taking a forced break I pick the closest and most convenient commercial account we have. Doing this improves our value to our clients, leads to work for neighboring businesses and employee's, makes it easier to clean when we come back on schedule. The customers who receive free service unprompted can make great referral sources.

Love it.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Able 1 said:
How do you get those jobs do you give your number to the hospital? I think i would like to do that a couple time a year.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, they have been friends or friends of friends.

We have a local charity that gives time, money, and effort to children's cancer. We reach out to them every once in a while.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I do work for friends family and church at no charge but not for free. I think of it as advertising. I make sure to give them some cards and usually get some referrals from the deal.

Able 1

Name
Keith
boazcan said:
Able 1 said:

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, they have been friends or friends of friends.

We have a local charity that gives time, money, and effort to children's cancer. We reach out to them every once in a while.

I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Keith

Bob Foster

Just yesterday I got a call from a referral from my favorite carpet retailer. The carpet store told the customer to call me to have a spot removed on their 2 month old nylon. I did so with my spotting machine and it took 30 minutes (did another one for them too in another room that was not on new carpet).

When it came to settling up I said to the customer Ruina at the Carpet Store said to take care of you so there is no charge.. Earned Karma with the carpet store (told them what I said to the custy) did an estimate for the customer for other carpet cleaning and made more that I ever would have out of a small service charge.

Name
Ron lippold
My vet called yesterday and needed her carpets cleaned I picked up the key and cleaned her whole house furniture and all. She is the kind lady that helped with Makula in his last day :(

Greenie

Walt said:
Pug (dog) Rescue - free carpet cleaning and dozens of spotter bottles.

Peaches says thank you Walt, as she was a rescue.(red collar) Marty is appreciative as well. :D

PeachMarty.jpg

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Zero freebies!

Family, friends, church etc...get 30% off, I am a generous guy & help people in many ways but "business is business", my parents & in laws both pay, they know the money will either go into my kids 529 plans or be used for a Disneyland trip or something like that so its not a big deal.

My late Grandfather always insisted on paying, he believed a man should be paid for his work, I argued with him every time I cleaned his house, he wouldn't let me in until he put cash in my pocket.

There is another carpet cleaner who is a member at my church who does freebies for them, I guess they like my work better & don't have a problem with paying for quality work, I usually donate back the money they payed-expenses at the end of the year, but that's my choice & it isn't expected.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
JAFourStar said:
charging your own parents? geez dunno if i could live with myself

They don't get charged or presented with an invoice, they understand the cost of doing business & pay what they feel is fair or if they had called another cleaner, IT GOES TO THEIR GRAND KIDS!!!

Parents payment goes to Grand Kids.
Church gets donated back.
Friends payments usually get used for nice dinners or trips etc...

For over forty years that's been our understanding, if they didn't like it they wouldn't use me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom