how many gallons of RTU pre-spray used pr 300 sf?

how much RTU pre-spray do you apply to 300sf of *moderate* soiled

• none..emulsifier thru TM is enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'd say it's about 1.5 for me meat. In Phoenix it would be higher because I'd use the super soaker and put 'er down heavy. That would allow me to spray way ahead and prevent it from drying before I got there.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There is emulsifier in the rinse, you just need to loosen the shit up so it can be rinsed out.

It's a lot tougher for the clear water rinse guys (hacks like Luddy :p ) to do, so I can see why you would need to use more pre-spray if you're just flushing it with water.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nothing wrong with an acid, we use it a lot on wool and lightly soiled carpet.

But acids don't clean very well, they are designed to rinse.

So on soiled carpet, that's why you need to use more pre-spray and we don't. :wink:

I know some bass-turd will come in and say you're leaving soil attracting residue if you use an emulsifier and don't rinse it. I've cleaned my own carpet that way for years and it doesn't resoil any faster than if I use an acid. 8)

G

I don't use an injection sprayer; I usually add secret sauce to tank; so probably kinda hard to guess on that one.

The Preacher

i use an electric sprayer and mix my 2112 in a 5gal pail. i will use anywhere from 2-3 gal of PS in a 5 room house or apt.

i need a quick change tip so i can swap out my residential to my rat naztee to my protector tip on the fly!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
danny did you get my email? or do I need to splain it to you Lucy?

I tried calling once it said disconnected and once someone picked up but no one talked. :?: :?:

TimP

I'd say 1.5 gallons around there. I prefer to put down plenty of prespray as to get the detgergent from tip to end of the carpet to get proper suspension. And then I also use an emulsifier to soften my water with surfactants to get the crud to suck up easier.

I couldn't imagine trying to clean 300 ft of carpet with a quart. 32 oz......just think about that now. that's .1 oz per sq ft...that's almost a half a teaspoon......I imagine that would dry before you could get to an end of a room......I don't even know if that's even enough to call that misting........

Just as a test I'd like to see someone take just over a half of a teaspoon of water and pour in on a hard surface and spread it out to equal a sq ft and see how long it takes to dry. And it woud make sense that it would dry faster in carpet because there is more surface area to evaporate from....

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's just a guess man, I use a HF for the most part... I know what I need for the most part. If I think I need to hose it down I'll run my 2.5 to the wand and flush it like hell... Do you the same? If not..?

Able 1

Name
Keith
As long as it's not old school 1.5... I only use my bat. sprayer for rentals. Over all I think a sprayer(batt. or pump up) is a waste of time, but that being said, I haven't came up for a efficient system to use them(batt. or pu) so I can't talk s about it. I do what works for me and keeps the custy's coming back..

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Able 1 said:
As long as it's not old school 1.5... I only use my bat. sprayer for rentals. Over all I think a sprayer(batt. or pump up) is a waste of time, but that being said, I haven't came up for a efficient system to use them(batt. or pu) so I can't talk s about it. I do what works for me and keeps the custy's coming back..

Keith- I do it both ways 1.5 & 2". I also meant a pump up sprayer, not battery powered, that would be new school .

Chris A

Name
Chris
Doug Cox said:
Keith- I do it both ways 1.5 & 2". I also meant a pump up sprayer, not battery powered, that would be new school .

Everytime my HF quits sucking or my battery sprayer dies I think about going back to the old tech...

Able 1

Name
Keith
If I went to any kind of pump up it would be one of those Pepsi sprayers.. Too lazy to pump!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I said half a gallon but I think it's actually more like a quart for 300 ft.

Same here, if it required more then that I would rather scrub it or let it dwell longer then dump more chemical on it. If it required more chemical then I would rather add more chemical to prespray then put down more prespray.

I usually use less then a full multisprayer on your average size (1800 sq ft) ranch house.

T

The Magician

6 0z. rtu. with with a good emusifier unless verty dirty. I never believed in using too much tlc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom