How many here ...FLUSH their blowers.????

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Instructions please.

"Take a CHILL PILL"..danny boy...We will be riGht with you... :wink:

I can't ...clear you for the procedure ...UNTIL you read your manual...
and realize that..your blower....moves AIR...NOT water... :p

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Unless your sucking water through the blower when you shut it off why do you need to spray a water dispersal into the blower? Its hot enough to evaporate a little humidity. I recently had my blower open and it's very clean after more than 25 years.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
My blower owners manual says this..........
Drain and refill first 200 hours then every 500 hours. My blower has no grease fittings its sealed. Denver gardner. It dont say nothing about flushing though.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
joeynbgky said:
My blower owners manual says this..........
Drain and refill first 200 hours then every 500 hours. My blower has no grease fittings its sealed. Denver gardner. It dont say nothing about flushing though.

ALWAY'S FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURES RECCOMENDATIONS... :!:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Yup, That darn blower synthetic oil crap is expensive. I delime the machine and Little giant every 50 hours. I take the heater coil out take a to a radiator shop every 6 months and torch the jets to clean umm up to.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
SHAWN....or any other,disty, TM manufacturer here have a problem with me informing the
members as to the procedure..for cleaning their blower..?

AND..if any of you have information as to a NEGATIVE problem, that would VOID any of
the Blower manufacturers warranty..?

Bawb, has already disclosed the procedure..but not in detail.. 8)

I will wait for a response.. :!:

Ps Shawn will you elaborate on your concern about..in line HX...&...Silencers... :!:

PM me the directions and give me the pros and cons and why you strongly believe in it. I want to keep my equipment in top conditon.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
PM me the directions and give me the pros and cons and why you strongly believe in it. I want to keep my equipment in top conditon.

There are no CONS in my book...!!!

Butler..made a believer out of me...All of my butlers..logged over 5k on the blowers... :D

However..if there is a system out there that this procedure, would DAMAGE...!
I do not want to post the procedure...I am unaware of NONE...!

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have had 4 Blowers for over 18 yrs and all of them are still working just fine for us.
Either because of or despite regularly flushing our blowers.

Joe, you are weirding me out here.
All this caution and politeness along with your very first technical and useful post ever.

Congrats ! I am truly amazed and in awe.

:mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shawn is very seNaTiVe about these technical issues... thathurts

I was showing some rEsTRaInT...in deference to his Superior expertise... :oops:

To my amazement he has DiSSaPeArEd or he has TraNsFoRmEd into Jimmy Lawdwig. :shock:

As to your "bleating" ....I am NOt going to be your friend...Until you are nicEr to Marty.. :p

"Pigs have fEEliNgS TwO"... :cry:

Name
Nate W.
harryhides said:
I have had 4 Blowers for over 18 yrs and all of them are still working just fine for us.
Either because of or despite regularly flushing our blowers.

Joe, you are weirding me out here.
All this caution and politeness along with your very first technical and useful post ever.

Congrats ! I am truly amazed and in awe.

:mrgreen:

Seems like you're easy to please, Tony...... :lol:

Ryan

So turn my machine on low stick a water hose in the waste tank where the blower is plumbed in and "flush" er out, run machine until I think its dry then hit er with some wd?

Blowers where designed to blow water not air this can't hurt anything will do in the mornin

randy

Name
Randy
I'm just glad I read that wrong, at first I thought "why the hell is Harper asking about Colonic irrigation on MB".

A colonic for your blower, now that is different , I'm relieved. :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
OK..I will take my LICK'S on this post ...Here are "MY" reasons for flushing a blower..!!!

"IMHO" if you have experienced ANY of these situation's..you SHOULD flush your blower..!

1. Failed float switch..waste water has run through your blower..
2. If you lube your blower.."lobes"..with WD 40.."It builds up inside the blower"
3. If you have used the UNIT to dry vacuum...when there is NO power..!
4. Same as #3...but the debris was "Dry Wall" dust..!
5. If the unit is a "back-up"..or is NOT used every day.. They will rust & lock-up..!!
6. If you have disconnected your float switch..On a large commercial jobs or WD job
when you can NOT dump..Driving back to the shop with a full tank...can SLOSH
your waste water..OVER the top of the blower filter & literally POUR into you blower.!!!
7. If you do NOT rinse your waste tank EVERYDAY..Tank lid should be removed at the end
of every day.."This will allow the CONDENSATION in the tank to DRY OUT & allow the
blower to "air dry"..overnight and NOT inhibit rust..!!
8. If your vacuum release is Not functioning properly..PC unit will suck up trash & dirt from
floor of the van..when they are releasing constantly..!!
9. If your blower is .."overheating" and puking grease..It is probably GUMMED-UP like a...
Quaker State Engine..!
10.If you purchase the UNIT used...this will tell you if the machine has been ABUSED... :wink:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ryan said:
So turn my machine on low stick a water hose in the waste tank where the blower is plumbed in and "flush" er out, run machine until I think its dry then hit er with some wd?

Blowers where designed to blow water not air this can't hurt anything will do in the mornin

NO................ :!:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm just glad I read that wrong, at first I thought "why the hell is Harper asking about Colonic irrigation on MB".
Come on Randy, "Why" in this zoo?
Heck check the rubber room it's probably been a topic already! :wink:

Just got off the phone with Mr. Harper. I learned a few things that I will apply with the 2.5 inch hose I have sitting as well as basic maintanence stuff. I have 10 jobs this weekend and jobs Monday and Tuesday. I was sick for about a week and got backed up. I am going to clean the blower and the hxers out Wednesday.

Cameron1

HARPER said:
Ryan said:

NO................ :!:

Geezzz Harp don't leave us hanging. Tell us.

Mike Draper

i flush mine 2x a month in the summer. i don't run an inline filter, just the littre screen on the waste tank lid before the blower intake.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
steve said:
bob vawter said:
hogjowl said:
Harp:

Don't share any information with Steve Cameron.

He's a Joe Polish groopie.
who's Joe Polish?

wHO'S Hogjowl???

The same pig thats' been bugging me for years to teach him what I know.
if he was ta learn ever thing i know...all at once...
his friggin' hED would ezplode!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom