How many hours a year do you put on your truckmount?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
During our Strategies class Chuck Violand does a cost analysis to figure pricing. In his model he uses 800 hours.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I think it depends on what truckmount you using- heat ex or propane/diesel burner.

I do make an effort to keep my hours down, by not running the truckmount while vacuuming, setting up hoses, prescrubbing etc..

I know with heat ex models one would be running it more to heat up(right jimmy olas?) He pulles up to a house and the first thing he does he turns on the machine.

I only run my diesel burner truckmount when its being used for cleaning or filling up sprayers.

The other thing I noticed, it gives an impression to my custys that I was quick, by not having to listen to that "loud big machine" out there for too long.

The way I see it I can save sometimes 25-30 minutes on my machine hours on 1 job. It adds up quickly to a couple hundred hours.
With this I used my truckmount for almost exactly 500 hrs since the 1st of january.
My thoughts..

Greenie

Excellent post Zee.

I was wonderin' if this example would come up, where FREE heat isn't really FREE.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Yup Jeff there is no free heat with heatex models...
The extra gas and the wear and tear of the machine by running a lot of hours, will somewhere cost at least as much as my diesel for every 20-25 hours.
I run about 22 hours burning 5gallons of diesel. The heat is awesome and keeps up with my 20flow.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Gentlemen...

You CAN'T sell me on fuel fired HEAT....

My 1st TM was a 1150 Poweratic...StinKinG KERO... :roll:

Yes the heat was great...BUT...SMELL was unbearable... :!:

Remember ..I am in fla..It is 110 degrees in the trucks ..to start with... :wink:

We run BIG TM'S...Heat is never an issue..AT any flow..!

If we operated in COLD weather... :?: ...I would certainly use fuel fired heat..Seems rational...

NO propane either... :!: don't like riding around with a BoMb... :p

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
That's why I run an electric truck mount. I don't want no stinking engine exhaust or a gasoline bomb in my truck. :p

Besides, cleaning performance is the same on all machines, right? :wink:

woodsey

Interesting point on fuel fired heat. After going to propane I did nottice I put less time on the machine. As a guess I run about 30 min less a day. Five days a week X 30 min = 150 min or 2 and 1/2 hours a week. If machine depreciation is $8 hour X 2.5 = $20 a week or $1040 a year IF you work 52 weeks. Another way to look at it is 2.5 hrs a week X 52 = 130 hrs a year. If you put 1000 hrs on a machine a year and reduce run time by 130 hrs that is a 13% reduction in wear and tear. I know there are some variables in this but I dont think the "figgers" are to far off. Would like to hear other opinions. Woodsey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mr. Harper I don't really have a smell issue with my truckmount.. I keep hearing about how bad everything smells with a fuel fired one but honestly i don't have an issue with it. i do keep open all my doors and windows when I'm working with it. Except when its raining..which is a few days out of 365 in a year here in SoCal.

I calculated about $280.00 to $300.00 a year on diesel if my machine is running for 500 hours.
In my opinion that's not too much if I save a couple of hundred hours runtime.......

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I burn propane for engine and heat
no smell.
Its no more a bomb than a gas tank. in a year and half never had any blow up issues I've heard others whine about. They must have done something really weird to get a response from a LG like that.

run about 500 or so hours/year
I use a HF so the truck starts after I've finished vacuuming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom