How many of u use green or greener chems?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
and what green chems do you use? what do you use them most on residential or commercial?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Scott;

We like Green Preconditioner for it's CRI Seal of Approval.

A much better industry choice than "Green Seal= :twisted:" .

Larry

Mike Draper

I use Procyon on some clients homes. However it seems to be harder to rinse off the fiber.........has anyone else had this problem?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i tried axiom samples i got at winterfest that pembertons was throwing and i didnt really notice much differance the samples were small though.

I've heard lots of good stuff about soap free, tried it couple of times to. works well on average soil.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I think there is a big market in my area but how do the green products really compare?

can you go green on the pre-spray then use slurry to rinse and still call it green?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
that's why i said greener. an effort is greener. i am not proposing to go completely green just trying to make a decision to try to do my part. alot of cleaners are already green cleaners and i would like to head toward that direction also.

Able 1

Name
Keith
some in my area say they are(and advertise it) but i use the same supplier, and not so true.

Green sounds good though!

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I have been using Prochem Axiom for a few weeks. Seems to clean well, has a bit of a soapy smell and the product is quite thin compared to most presprays I have used. (no butyls to thicken it up :) ) Like Keith mentioned I am still running with a very lean Slurry rinse, not sure if this was a step forward or not.

Lee...not according to CRI's Green Certified Cleaning Solution list?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
does Simple Green count??? :lol:

I trust Lee Senter on what's what.

I DON'T trust the myriad of hucksters that label this or that as "green"

most of it is marketing hype to dupe gullible rubes out of their money.

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I use a slurry made out of polar bears and baby seals just to piss off environmentalists.

cosway canada

Very Green

There are many shades of green.
We only use and sell green that the manufacturer will dilute and spray on their skin AND in their mouth! (no i'm not joking)

DFC 105
DFC 210
EcoGent
Contractors Choice "Super-Safe" Pre Spray

TimP

I use Judson O2 and Cobb Powermax. Both don't cause me any problems and no butyl. Both clean well.

DRScrivner

B&BGaryC said:
I use a slurry made out of polar bears and baby seals just to piss off environmentalists.

So this penguin was driving his car, and it started to break down.

He pulled into the auto repair shop at the next town. He got out of his car and went to the shop owner, a polar bear, and told him that his car was not running well and would he take a look at it.

Sure, the polar bear said. But it will take me a few minutes to get to it.

Well, is there someplace I can wait and get something cool to drink then asked the penguin.

Yeah, there's an ice cream parlor across the street, said the polar bear.

So the penguin waddled across the street to the ice cream parlor sat down an ordered a bowl with two scoops of vanilla ice cream.

The ice cream arrived quickly to the penguins satisfaction as it was a rather hot day in Arizona.

Well not having any hands, and no opposable thumb, to hold a spoon with the penguin just stuck his little face right down into the bowl of ice cream.

He ate that ice cream and got a second bowl. After about 30 minutes of eating ice cream- making a mess, spilling some on the table and getting it all over his flippers and face the penguin decided to go check on his car.

He waddled back over to the repair shop and asked about this car. The polar bear looked out from under the hood, at the penguin and said: Looks like you blew a seal.

The penguin said: No, it's just vanilla ice cream, what's wrong with my car?

DRScrivner

I give it a 2.9

All I ask is that you have a personality, and a sense of humor.

By your own standards I deserve at least a 3.1

Name
I'm Rick James
CCINW had a speaker earlier this year name Bill Griffin he said "if you're not serious about "greening" your business, you may already be slipping behind your competitors."

Bill also challenged the group to think about various ways companies can become "greener" today. He suggested that becoming "greener" involves more than just changing chemical use, it is finding ways to reduce energy consumption and incorporating proper waste water disposal and recycling. He stressed that anything we do when taken individually may be considered small, but put a few "small" changes together and the changes add up to make a "big" impact on the environment.

I really agree with what Bill is saying. I don't think majority of the cleaning companies really understand the benefits of truely being "Green". If marketed and executed right this idea/movement can set a company above all others, it can take you to a level few cleaning companies ever been.

I am very excited about the GREEN movement because I see an untapped market with unlimited potential.

Name
I'm Rick James
I am looking into my postcards having seeds in them (sorry not pot) so they can be planted. Very eco friendly and lets be honest in this biz you have to keep finding ways to be different and better than you competitors. Plus no one has ever done it that I know of. Gonna be a huge hit....

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've been using Quantum Green-ds from Vacaway for the last week. So far I'm liking it but I havn't had any rat nasties to try it on.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
so no one has used soap free? any suppliers wanna send me a sample of the other true green cleaners out there? i have soap free to try along with green balance by bridgpoint thanks to a very awsome distributor!!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
The problem with green cleaning can be summed up in the country song "Everyone wants to go to heaven, but noone wants to die."

Everyone talks green but noone wants to change what they do. If a customer wants to have "green cleaning" they must have a partnership with the cleaning firm. In other words they can't wait five years to clean their carpet. Cleaning should be an annual event and the customer should vacuum enough times a week to equal the number of people and pets in the home.
If that happens then almost any "green" product accompanied by green systems will do a great job.

Rat nasties need not apply.

If you have the chance to pick up the June 30 edition of Business Week mag there is an outstanding article on bioplastics which will play a huge role in carpet over the next few years. Nylon is becoming a much smaller player.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Jon-Don has a product called planet guard I have been using for a few months with great results

Tom Servo

billyeadon said:
The problem with green cleaning can be summed up in the country song "Everyone wants to go to heaven, but noone wants to die."

Everyone talks green but noone wants to change what they do. If a customer wants to have "green cleaning" they must have a partnership with the cleaning firm. In other words they can't wait five years to clean their carpet. Cleaning should be an annual event and the customer should vacuum enough times a week to equal the number of people and pets in the home.
If that happens then almost any "green" product accompanied by green systems will do a great job.

Rat nasties need not apply.

Preach on brother.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Judson, Vacaway, Pro's Choice, Masterblend's Anti Allergen

If they have major allergies or are sensitive to chems, we go with Masterblend's line(i think they r green or pretty close).

If you must use a product that is not so green, you can just inform your customers(that is if you advertise your co as green cleaning only), most clients won't have a problem, especially if the stains are real bad. 99% of the time it won't hurt their feelings & you won't get in trouble as you're being honest.

We prequalify our clients on the phone by asking questions such as are there any small kids, pets, people with major allergies in the home? That way we know ahead of time which product to use, which works best for that situation, and if it's better if the client/family should leave for a few hours till the odor goes away(some agents stink!).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom