Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, just another BB fad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
cant decide with a 36 if it would make any difference or not...

wished it was one of those things someone could let you try for a month or 2 and see if there is a dif

Greenie

on a 36 running short 100' hose runs assuming you have a 2" wand, I probably wouldn't bother, but if gotta lay out some long runs, I probably would.

I was gonna vote another BBS fad just to get a laugh, but i see two others beat me to it....surely they don't really think this, just when I was starting to have some hope that all cleaners were learning and opening their minds to equipment enhancement, probably the same guys who think they are a legend in bed while the wife whispers the truth to all her friends.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Ordered 50' of hose , Y adapter and reducer on Monday. Can't wait to get it. I need to run 200' just get down to a lake house nest week and would be a great place to give to have it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It dropped my mm/hg by 1.5 inches by running a 50' section of 2.5 inch hose off my 36 bower. I noticed a difference, and retired my Odin booster as a result.

Anybody want to buy a vac booster?

Greenie

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that extension ladder tied down with those things... :roll:

It's not just the stair hook that falls short with 2.5", other factors too, like finding a good velcro strap to hold 50' of it as it's a bit bulkier than 2", also be nice to have a hanger loop/handle to carry it and hang it in the truck, be even better if it had a secondary loop to hold some spare solution line too, and speaking of stairs if you could wrap the velcro around you waist real quick like a belt you could have a hose hook on your hip and the hose would be out of your way while you worked your way down.
Someone should invent this kinda stuff for 2.5" users.

Name
Eric Valentine
I couldn't find them on wal-mart's website, so I just put up a link to show what they were. I agree that using them to tie down a ladder is stupid.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I was one of the clowns that hit the BB fad. Simply because with my Legend XL (don't know what size blower) and most jobs are only 50' or 100' max, I couldn't see the benefit of a couple of lengths.

However, IF Marty found such a difference, then just maybe it might be worth considering it.

I don't honestly think it's a fad, but it was the only appropriate one for me in that situation.

John

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
We just changed one of our trucks with a 47 blower to 2.5" hose for the first 50'. The vacuum increase is incredible. I will be changing my other truck with a 45 blower over within the next month. This is the best low cost mod you can do for your unit :D

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What is that instrument you put at the end of the hose to measure cfm?. Seems like it would be easy enough to see what kind of improvement you get with that.

Albert

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I found them, thanks for the specs Greenie

Even though this only a 2" vac hose, there is plenty left for a 2.5". All the 2.5" was on the truck and this was in the garage. Finally something that works and HOLDS. Used today going up wood stairs, worked like a charm. Haven't tried the belt loop thing yet.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
okkkkkkk sooooo where did you get them...

judas throw a carrot out there and just leave it :x :x :x :x

harryhides

Name
Tony
None of the above but we do use four to the door which is what I'd suggest to John to try in NZ for starters.

wired

Just to let you know I have a butler and went to two and half hose fifty ft. about three months ago with green glide wand it is the best thing I every did well besides marring my wife. If I had to do it over I would get 80 ft of this hose which I will do when my new Butler arrives. 50 is not long enough.

Greenie

80' of 2.5 a 2" lead hose and a 2" tubed glided wand is a very popular set up for the 1%ers.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I already registered as one who would soon be using 2 1/2" so I won't won't add to the poll now but I been using it now for 3 days and notice a substantial difference in vacuum. I had been use to wanding one handed since getting a holed GG 2 years ago. With the additional vac now its pretty difficult to do on some nylon fibers.
What are you all doing to connect the 2" female cool cuff to the reducing adapter from Greenie? It fits but not very securely.

Greenie

Take one of your coolcuff "adapters" the one with the male thread on one end and smooth 2" bore on the other and stuff the GG barbed reducer into the smooth bore, it will fit, and now you are back to your coolcuffs as usual.

Back
Top Bottom