How many of you automaticly inclued Protector in your bids?

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you itemize it or just include it in your cleaning price?

Do you mumble that it's included or give the full blown Craig the bed BuG explanation on it's benefits?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm guessing the dudes who charge (Brag about) high psf prices are the ones including the Protector in their prices.

F

FB7777

I must admit, I am all over the map on this.

Some older customers get the same price as last year, especially the uber loyal and frequent flyers. I still have loads of customers from 10+ years ago when I was a room pricer.

On new customers I typically price the job including protector, allow them to process the price and then offer an alternative such as Protector in high traffic areas.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
all the rooms are itemized on my work orders
protector is itemized at the bottom using the cleaning subtotal, half the price of the cleaning.
The total is at the bottom.
I'll sometimes print out price with protector on one side and without on the other.
Then I work work with them to see what fits in their budget, sometimes just applying to high traffic area.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So Ron- If your customers balk at your first price, you will renegotiate to a lower price? If I understand that correctly, doesn't that make you (or anyone else) look a little shady?

Name
I'm Rick James
I tell the customer:

with wear and tear, vacuuming and cleaning the manufacturers protector tends to wear off, leaving your carpets **EXPOSED**to dry soil wear and stains are able to set alot easier, it doesnt make your carpets bullet proof, but with the protector it allows more of a reaction time and when you vacuum you pick up more dry soil, help preventing accerlated wear. Go Green and manufactureers recommend it after ever cleaning. After the carpets are cleaned we spray it down and rake it into the carpet to guarantee a good even coverage and use air mover to help aid in the drying. With Go Green **reapplying**protector the total balance is going to be $$$.

If they say naw I cant afford it or whatever. I tell them:

Well if you want I can just do the traffic areas for $$$ (usually 20-35% less), so atleast your traffic areas are protected.

My protector approach differs with different clients and I may offer it after I finished cleaning and did a quality job. I say, well miss custy the carpet cleaned up really well and looks great are you sure you dont want me to reapply the protective coating.

I believe in the protector so it is easy to sell. I sell it at 60% of the total cleaning.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
for me

depends on the age of the carpet and how well the customer takes care of it

If the carpet is newer and well cared for then I will just give them a "clean & protected price" but have it itemized on the bill

if older and not well taken care of then I will give them 2 different prices

wired

I agree with Brent. I alway try to sell protector to cust. because I believe in it. We did Sizzlers rest. for years and we used protector on the worst areas near the salad bar and traffic areas. When we came back we would pre spray and wand it would come right up saved us alot of time. I still us it in rest. that I do saves me time.

Name
I'm Rick James
Before you try and sell the protector you need to create a *value* and *need* for it. It is one of the easiest items to sell. I believe anyone with carpet that is in ok shape can benifit with protector. Carpet is usually a homes primary biggest investment, it is our job to help extend the life of their investment. Maintanence programs is also good for clients and business owners.

Name
Ron lippold
doug mrs piff gets the same level of cleaning in all three packages options are movin furniture and protectant

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Good question.

Yes, Mike, quite a few of our SFS members are now just giving the one price including the protector at the time of the pre-inspection. As Ron says, it is a lot easier to drop down than bring the price up. Plus (assuming you have won them over with your competent personality and winning grin) you will be amazed at how many say, "When can you do it?"

Cut to the chase time. Wanna sell more protector? (who wouldn't?) Just AFO. (Ask For the Order.) Most don't.

Want your employees to sell more protector? Follow this three step system straight out of our one hour segment on "How to Sell More Protector" in the SFS seminar:

1. Increase the price of your protector by 20-25%.
2. Double the percentage of your employee commission. For example, if you are paying 15% now pay them 30%.
3. Book one less job per day per van. (Selling/properly applying this stuff takes time.)
The result? both you and your employees will be making more money, your employees will be more rested, you will have a "reserve" in place to do those very profitable last minute jobs AND you'll probably need to add another truck which will make Poppa Nick Paolella happy too!

Steve Toburen
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS If you want more tips on dramatically increasing your protector sales e-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com and put the word "protector" in the subject line. If you don't have my famous free 30 minute DVD on SFS business concepts then include your mailing address. (Don't worry- I won't spam and/or junk mail you.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom