How many of you encap with something other than a Cimex?

G

How many of you encap with something other than a Cimex? What machine do you use and why?

I ask because I'm really close to buying either a Cimex machine or a cylindrical type brush machine. I'm interested in seeing what others are using and their reasons. I do have a 175 rotary, and I'm sure it's capable of encapping with a Fiberplus pad. But do I really want to go into a building using a 175 rotary when the janitorial staff already has that equipment? Hmmmmm.

[/i]

Scott Rogers

I have about everything except a Cimex.
Brute 17"
Obitech 17" 1 hp
Hruby 15 "
Gem 15" CBM
Porta scrub
GLS 20

And occosionally use a 20 inch 300 rpm rotary.

My Brute is my favorite followed by the 20 inch GLS.

I would start with your 175 then as accounts increase pick up a Brute very versatile and can pad clean as well as scrub and run style encap. Then either a GLS or Cimex. The GLS has the lowest operating cost as you are not constantly replacing pads.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Many machines that can SHAMPOO carpet.

I have the GLS and a two speed rotary.

G

Jimmy in your opinion what advantage does the GLS have over the Cimex? I'm buying one of the two. I already have a 175 rotary, which I know I can use if I had too. Just don't want to. I have money to burn!

Scott Rogers

GLS

works great for scrub and run, pile lifts the carpet, digs tons of crud out of the carpet, light weight very manuverable, gets under desks very well, Fast.

Also works great to pre-scrub for HWE and is light enough to cary up and down stairs all day long.

If you are considering a GLS look at the newer versions. 20" Carpet pro. 3 speeds and removable debris bins. Also look at the new spray system Jim England has for the carpet pro. With the carpet pro (new version of the GLS) you can eliminate the post vacumming with the removable bins as it will pick up the crude it digs out

I cant comment on the Cimex but I do hear good thing about them.

WISE

Cimex is on my list too Shawn...

We currently use a 17" rotary with striped bonnets. I like this for encapping because I like to see I am actually removing some soil :wink: I do have a Host Freestyle which we use for alot of things. Pre-scrubbing and encapping. Cimex is next...just need to land one more office building contract and it will justify the purchase.

WISE

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Shawn, I have in addition to a 175rpm rotary a Cimex and a Rotowash R35 (CRB machine)

For sheer volume of cleaning you can't go past the Cimex. The operating costs of pads are so low as not to be a factor at all I believe.

The R35 is way more versatile if you are also going to use it for pre scrubbing prior to HWE and easy to get in and around poky offices and furniture etc.

The Cimex will give you a more effective scrubbing action but the CRB will pile lift and dig out crud.

The cimex will lay down more solution but the CRB won't put down enough to eliminate a pre spray stage of HWE.

I love having both options and often use them in conjunction with each other on commercial work.

If you have cash to burn, then buy both. If you only can buy one, then I'd lean toward the Cimex. I don't have an OP style machine so can't comment on that but I do have the drive plate and a few ChemDry 2" thick bonnets that I can use to lift a bit of crud from the gungy areas and compliment the others but taht is few and far between jobs like that.

John

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Shawn D. Beagle said:
How many of you encap with something other than a Cimex? What machine do you use and why?

besides my 'Mex i use my Host with Zebra brushes (too lightweight a machine for successful encap, but OK for spotting).

i encap with my small HWE portable by running Punch encap juice or Dynachem encap juice thru it.

i use my Challenger OP to Encap with.

i prefer my Cimex hands down for pure results. a close 2nd would be the Challenger.

for pure speed, the Challenger doesn't come close to the Cimex (much smaller machine and no solution tank).

have fun buying a new toy :)

thanx --- Derek.

Mikey P

Administrator
My opinion counts for something since I have both.

The Cimex actually gets under desks better then the GLS But neither can come close to what a double bend wand can do.

The Cimex use more juice but need far fewer passes to get grungy areas looking as good as POSSIBLE.

The GLS is invaluable as a HWE post scrubber. Nothing finere for doggy homes

The GLS is a phenomenal as a stone and grout scrubber.

As a Butler owner I used them both much more to clean CGD, now as a Vortex owner the Cimex can go a month or more with out seeing any action. Where as the GLS gets used all the time.

G

I'll be using the Cimex or GLS/CRB strictly for CGD.

I HWE all residential. If needed I scrub with my 175. For T&G I have a turbo hybrid and if needed I scrub with a 175 rotary.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bought my GLS machine about 5 years ago for doing a couple of large, 52,000 sf each, schools. I was not aware of the Cimex then, or I would have bought a Cimex instead. However, I am sorta glad I didn't purchase the Cimex because I would have had little use for it other than those two schools, because most of my work is residential. If I can swing it, I'll be getting a Cimex soon, because I have (besides those schools) are really huge church account I do monthly.

I like the GLS because it is more versatile then the Cimex as far as utility in different applications.

I think I would like the Cimex because I know it is faster, and I hear it does a better job.

Mikey P

Administrator
the GLS is superior to a 175 on stone and grout because it dont splash or fling and it gets into the grout and holes way better then a flat brush or fiber pad.

And when you see what it does to heavily matted or dog hair embedded fibers you'll be singing a different tune Shawn.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I encap with my GLS. I also prescrub with the GLS. I have never seen the Cimex in action. That will change in a few days at Mikefest.

G

Mikey and that's why I'm asking questions. Although I'll be using the Cimex or GLS for commercial, it's nice to have a tool that's versatile.

I have no doubts on the ability of either the Cimex or GLS. I know both are excellent tools. I was curious on what others are using and why.

Unlike other things I've bought I'm sure neither of these would sit around and not get used.

DavidVB

I have a GLS and 2 Cimexs. I also had a CCS Commercial Breeze and a 20 inch Brute. I got rid of them.

For commercial maintenance work, our GLS machine rarely gets used. While the GLS does lift the pile better, the appearance of the carpet is better with the Cimex and productivity in most settings is higher with the Cimex.

As for getting under desks, remember the GLS will eat cords while the Cimex will push them aside.

Fred Geyen

Jimmy is right it is shampoo

JIMMY IS RIGHT. IT IS A SHAMPOO METHOD NO MATTER WHAT ANY LOW OR HIGH PROFILE SALESMAN TELLS YOU. BY THE WAY IT ALSO WORKS BUT LETS A LEAST TELL THE TRUTH.

We have Cimex's, OP machines, 5 GSL, Rotary, and 6 machines from Dupont (the ones that started it all). Also 6 TM's

People keep forgetting MILLS DO NOT LIKE things that go ROUND & ROUND unless it looks like a GSL. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT START their shampooing career with a GSL does not understand the market.

Just my opinion but it happens to be right.

G

LMAO Greg. I don't want to burn $6000 grand though! I'll have to buy my wife something of equal value then!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok while i dont have the gls i do have the cimex...so my opinion counts more then mikeys :lol: :lol:

you want a versital machine then go with the cimex...heres what you can do in one day...i know because i have done 3 of these in one day using one machine....

encap carpet
prescrub carpet before hwe
strip vct floors
hone and polish stone and/or concrete
and with a tweak or 2 here or there, soon be able o sand down wood floors...

and i am sure there maybe a few others...THIS MACHINE IS BY FAR AND AWAY THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK...

The Preacher

no question the GLS would be the way to go. I agree that a cimex is superior to the GLS on grungy carpet but the GLS is faster on maintained carpet.

PS i have both and i use the GLS more. my loaded cost per hour with a GLS is $27

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
ok for those who own and use both a GLS type machine (like the TM Pro) and Cimex, let me ask you:

from Shawn's original post it seems he wants it primarily for commercial.

assuming he CC's carpet like i do, 80-90% of it is not maintained (medium to heavy soil). since he didn't ask about HWE:

which of these 2 LM machines is better for medium-heavy soil:

the GLS (or a TM Pro, even better) or Cimex?

which of these 2 machines is better for maintained carpet (low soil volume)?

basically, this last question comes down to which has faster production.

thanx --- Derek.

Jim England

Which machine

Shawn, if you decide to buy the CRB (gls type) machine, our special Mikey's pricing is over in 8 days.

Also the guys that use the CRB machines or have used them, and are comparing it with a cimex, have not used it with the new aggressor burshes or the new spray system. These two items make quite a bit of difference in the cleaning ability and speed of the CRB. Just like the guys that use the cimex found that using certain pads on the cimex made a difference in its cleaning so to does these new aggressor brushes on the CRB. Also the CRB machine is one third the weight of a cimex.

As far as the pro unit goes, first the new ones won't be available for about a month or so because of design improvements. They are a 3 speed machine and a great cleaner, however they have an 18 inch cleaning path not a 20 inch. I personally like the standard 15 inch or 20 inch models. The standard units are not as deep and are easier to use in tighter places. Also our CRB units picks up the loose dirty and debris, the cimex can only scrub it into the carpet. And of coarse CRB's are approved by every carpet mill.

Good luck in picking!

Jim England
smart-cleaning-solutions.com

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
questions Jim...

Jim England said:
the cimex can only scrub it into the carpet.

not true at all. you can use bonnets.

Jim, so the 3-speed TM Pro is an 18" machine?

if so, do you have all the various brushes for the 18" as you do the 20" & 15"?

thanx --- Derek.

G

Derik,

How much use are you getting out of those thin ones? I tried out a case of them and they were DESTROYED in 4000sq on a cut pile acrylic.

I wish I could use the Cimex more, but it can't do what people brags it can do. Hopefully I can learn this weekend from Ricky.

I don't have to vac up pads that are ground into the carpet. I did 10,000 sq over the weekend with a green strip...and almost lost the account when we Cimexed them. The appearance is a BIG thing with them...and they write the checks, so I make them happy.

I love my GLS too..I would say its one of my more favorite tools to use.

Buy the GLS from Jim and get 2 sets of brushes.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i dunno sq.ftage but the 2 cases i originally bought back in late summer are still in use. not as aggressive as they were, but they're solid. i buy a couple new cases every couple months.

i have 3 cases of green-stripe collecting dust, they're brand new.

glad mine does what it was sold as. guess i am glad that my accounts are not big on that final appearance of the carpet...

thanx :) --- Derek.

randy

Name
Randy
Shawn, somehow we forgot to tell you the #1 Rule of this business.
Thou shall not allow the wife to look in truck and count machines.

Jim England

encap

Yes Derek, all pro units are 18 inch machines. The new machines won't be ready for another month or so. They are making some improvements on them.

Jim England
smart-cleaning-solutions.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom