How many of you guys have electric hose reel?

You guys think they are worth the money? I'm thinking bout going with the hydramaster 300ft electric reel...any other suggestions on elec. hose reels?

thanks....

Fred Homan

I do not have one. I think they cost too much for what they are. Like $1,200.00 from Interlink.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It's a nice little luxury to have especially on a hot day when you're exausted at the end of a job. If something goes wrong and you have to wheel it up manually if is much more difficult to turn than a standard reel. They work great though normally and pull 150' of vac hose in about 44 seconds. While you're standing there resting.

TimP

I own one and all my TM's will have one. I have had my fuse for it blow a couple of times.....the first time I started to roll the hose in by hand. That didn't last long before I robbed a fuse temporarily to reel the hose in. Reeling vac hose is for the birds. Well worth the money although HM chages a lot for their reel. You can get some cheeper if you shop around for sure.

I've worked with the water pond and it takes up too much room...I need to be able to fit a couple dehu's and some fans in there...I have a friend selling a water pond cheap its a few years old....pm if you interested and I give you his number....

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
An electric hose reel should be standard in any van.

Too much money? How long are you going to keep it?

It works out to a few cents a job over the course of five years. How long are you going to be doing this? You'll be thanking yourself 15 years down the road because your working smarter not harder.

When I tell a customer he should get an electric reel the first thing he says is "I enjoy the workout." The guys I've talked into getting one ALWAYS tell me how happy they are that they took the plunge and spent the extra money to go electric.

"I can't believe how much difference it makes on how tired I am. Especially when I hit job three or four in the day."

I sell them because I used one myself when I was cleaning and noticed how big of a difference it made.

If I got back into the cleaning end of the industry I wouldn't clean without one. Just like I wouldn't use an unglided wand.

Chris A

Name
Chris
My truck had one, I wasn't sure I would like it, but I love it. It's so damn easy its rediculous. Plus reeling 150 ft of hose in like 25 seconds is nice too.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I never thought that it would make that much of a difference but I would highly recommend an electric reel.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I've got one tm with electric reel and one without man I hate using the one that don't have it. I also didn't think it would matter much but I was wrong. The energy saved is priceless and it's faster to boot.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
my old tm didn't have one, my new one does.
I think overall I would use one rather than not. Reeling in the 2.5" is much easier for sure. I was reeling in 3" on the manual reel. Wasn't really that difficult. The biggest challenge I had was not burning my hand on the reel! Got pretty hot in my old truck box.
Now I just press the button and guide it home!

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I'd love to get my grubby little hands on a BlueLine Water Pond....

That is like the one I just got! Glad that Micah talked me into that one!!!! :D

MicahR said:
An electric hose reel should be standard in any van.

Too much money? How long are you going to keep it?

It works out to a few cents a job over the course of five years. How long are you going to be doing this? You'll be thanking yourself 15 years down the road because your working smarter not harder.

When I tell a customer he should get an electric reel the first thing he says is "I enjoy the workout." The guys I've talked into getting one ALWAYS tell me how happy they are that they took the plunge and spent the extra money to go electric.

"I can't believe how much difference it makes on how tired I am. Especially when I hit job three or four in the day."

I sell them because I used one myself when I was cleaning and noticed how big of a difference it made.

If I got back into the cleaning end of the industry I wouldn't clean without one. Just like I wouldn't use an unglided wand.

so much faster rolling it up. Plus when it is as cold as it has been here, I love it!!!!

Joey Johnston said:
I've got one tm with electric reel and one without man I hate using the one that don't have it. I also didn't think it would matter much but I was wrong. The energy saved is priceless and it's faster to boot.

Joey, Jerry is waiting for you to call back..... answer your phone he has called 4 times hmmmm....;)...lol

Anyway electric is the way to go I love mine..

hogjowl

Idiot™
Anything that helps you do your job easier is worth the money. I have a local cleaner who tells me he enjoys the work out he gets from cleaning carpets. He won't try a glided wand and has a manual reel.

He's still fat as a pig, and is working way too hard.

Cameron1

Back in the day.....I can remember being so beat down that if I had not had an electric reel........those hoses would have been left on the ground.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
C Pennington said:
[quote="Joey Johnston":9cct9l5y]I've got one tm with electric reel and one without man I hate using the one that don't have it. I also didn't think it would matter much but I was wrong. The energy saved is priceless and it's faster to boot.

Joey, Jerry is waiting for you to call back..... answer your phone he has called 4 times hmmmm....;)...lol

Anyway electric is the way to go I love mine..[/quote:9cct9l5y]

Ummm I talked to Jerry this morning (Sat. morning) are you talking about since then? I've tried to get him to program my business line but he insists on always calling the cell. When I'm home the cell doesn't always get service but the business line always rings.

Are you the one needing the heat exchanger? I told Jerry I didn't think he gave it to me, anyway I searched high and low for it Fri night and I don't have it.

Joey Johnston said:
[quote="C Pennington":1y8kwjlq][quote="Joey Johnston":1y8kwjlq]I've got one tm with electric reel and one without man I hate using the one that don't have it. I also didn't think it would matter much but I was wrong. The energy saved is priceless and it's faster to boot.

Anyway electric is the way to go I love mine..[/quote:1y8kwjlq]

Ummm I talked to Jerry this morning (Sat. morning) are you talking about since then? I've tried to get him to program my business line but he insists on always calling the cell. When I'm home the cell doesn't always get service but the business line always rings.

Are you the one needing the heat exchanger? I told Jerry I didn't think he gave it to me, anyway I searched high and low for it Fri night and I don't have it.[/quote:1y8kwjlq]

Yeah Im needing it ..just giving you a hard time...have a good week and holiday.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Had my 1st unit without electric reel, bought 2nd unit with and immediately replaced reel in old unit with electric one. On 1 man crew its a must.

Greenie

Some things are a no-brainer, Stainless contruction in a TM, glided wand, 2.5 hose, oh and.....Electric Reels.

It's your business, not a weekend hobby.

hogjowl

Idiot™
cu ... seriously dude ... are you telling me you had that new Nascar advertising special rig made up for you with everything new, Greenglide approved ... and didn't get a an electric hose reel?

Were you drunk?

Jimbo

Yes...I have one...I think it was made by Rokan...sold by SteamWay.

I used to say rolling up the hose was part of my exercise program...now I wish I had bought one years ago...like when I was a young guy.

My Vortex introduced me to just how really essential having a power vac hose reel is.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
ABSOLUTLY A GREAT INVESTMENT. ESPECIALLY IF U R A OWNER OPERATOR. IT MAKES A LONG HOSE RUN NO BIG DEAL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom