How many of you HAVE layed-off....or CONSIDERING laying-off

JCoviello

If you call firing the lying bastard that had a "massive" ear infection and needed two weeks off to go to the "hospital" after I found out he's in SoCal a "layoff" then yes. If not, then no. I still need the help as I've got jobs stacked up like rail cars in a bad tornado. :evil:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In February, we let go of 2-office staff and in April 2-more. Probably won't hire them back until things get better, we will just have to limp along until then.

We also laid off 6-tech's in February, but hired back 5-of them after 2-weeks.

We actually need to hire a couple of more right now and if things slow back down get rid of some of the dead wood.

We decide who to keep and who to let go, by the feed back from their co-workers, crew leaders and supervisors.

Every soften I get a tech that thinks if he is real nice to me or has sports or something in common that he's in good with me.

Wrong, those decisions are made from how well they produce in the field and what kind of work ethic they have.

I hate to let anyone go, but when that time comes that we have to, we try to always keep those that work hard and show a commitment to the company.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It may seem a little cold hearted but I have a duty to my family, and the employees here that work hard and are productive.

I could be the nice guy and squander the opportunity we have, but I know how that would go, everyone would look back and say why didn't you get rid of that guy if he was holding us back.

We've developed a culture, most of the time it's the employees that say get rid of him! :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So what you are saying is you will get rid of a guy just because the others don't like him.
You would have been banned from this board along time ago with that kind of attitude. :mrgreen:

Ok, just kidding but what if a realy good worker just isn't like by other workers and they decide to get him fired?
What's your plan for investigating?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm talking about chain of command.

I'd want to speak with supervisors and crew leaders, and get their input.

You'll get the answers you're looking for, at that level of responsibility they will tell you they may not like a person and why with out being petty.

They know we have a job to do and if he is a good worker and cares about quality, he is good for the company despite how they may feel.

I hate to say it ( :roll: ), but if it happens it happens I don't really give a rats ass, I just want the best I can employ here! :twisted:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Attitude and the ability to get along with others is one of the most important part of being a good employee...No drama is a good thing.
And with a good attitude, they can be trained.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Some people are lazy, they need a job and need money but they have no real desire to work for it.

We don't offer that, we have hot, hard, dirty, undesirable work 24-7, if you want it.

It's here and you be paid fairly for it, BUT you earn it.

Lazy mofo's need not apply! :evil:

You can change your underwear, but you can rarely change people.........or it it the other way around? :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom