How many of you offer "free" cleanings like this guy?

Name
I'm Rick James
It does have some pros and cons. Im sure when he goes back for the free cleaning he ends up cleaning uph and extra areas or whatever else.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Just the 12 month cleanin alone, with it's full cleaning price, plus scotchgard at regular price, would be enough to make it comparable with the standard, SFS, "Always Clean" program. However, with the added requirement that you pay for another SG application at the 6 month cleaning, it's actually a better profit builder.

But ... it's too car lot.

I like the SFS program better.

G

I worked for a crack pot like this before; 6 month cleaning is a rinse with hot water only-no chems. Protectant was applied with pump sprayer as normal. Been there done that!! No Thanks!!! Sorry had to edit; kinda drifted in between Margaritas; main point of deal is called a lazy bait and switch with extra work.

MikeD00019

I saw the first 2 lines and this is just to steal business and he/she has no goal to maintain any customers. Crap like this make us all look bad.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I once knew a guy who used the scam like this. The prices I'm going to quote reflect ten to fifteen years ago. 22 cents PSF to clean the carpet and 22 cents PSF to apply a protectant. In six months he would come back and clean the areas for free, just pay him 22 cents PSF to reapply the protectant. He never applied a drop of protectant; what he got was an initial 22 cents free and it guaranteed that the home owner would call you back to clean at a good rate. They get their money one way or another.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
What are you guys talking about??? Scam? It's called creative marketing gentlemen.

He is having a client show more interest in his top tier cleaning program ( The money maker ) by offering a free cleaning in 6 months. It's not a bait & switch because it tells them in black and white that they will be paying for scotch guarding- So again, how is this bait & switch? It seems like a strategic way to offer business services.

As long as he does the same exact cleaning ( just hot water? ) No... You do the same (top level service) in 6 months, that's the point. You WOW The client. I'm disappointed to see some of your responses on this strategy of marketing.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I am sure he is ripping people off left and right to pay for his vortex. I dont know if this guy is still in business. His trucks were always parked at a flooring store the closed down and since then I have not noticed his trucks around. As far as him doing B&S thats bull crap.

From his site http://www.supremeclean.net/ (server slow, takes time to load)

Our company has invested in the newest carpet cleaning equipment from Vortex!

The World’s Most Powerful Cleaning Machine!

Æ The Vortex 720

Our company also has available on our truck….

Æ The RX-20 Rotary Jet Extractor

Æ The Water Claw Sub-Surface Extractor

Æ The King Cobra-500 Extractor Portable Unit

Æ The RX-12 Hydro-Force Hard Surface Cleaning Tool

Æ The Cimex Encapsulation Carpet Cleaner

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
MikeD00019 said:
I saw the first 2 lines and this is just to steal business and he/she has no goal to maintain any customers. Crap like this make us all look bad.

How is this stealing business? What it does is lock down his customers for his business.

Cant make you look bad when the guy spends more on equipment and training than you make a year.

There is him and another Carpet store company in this area that sell flooring and do carpet and tile cleaning. Both companies have the biggest and best equipment money can buy. (other company is all over the state)

Its easy for people on boards to look at stuff and put them down but dont knock a guys plan when you only look at 2 lines of a website.

Ralph is also a nice person and if you have questions about his business feel free to contact him and not trash him on the boards.

He is in the IICRC and listed with the BBB if you want to check him out.

And NO I am not friends with Ralph or Rich but this is just stupid shit to trash this guys marketing when it works for him.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Larry,

This is board pasttime number one! Find some guy, preferrably doing better than you, and trash the hell out of his marketing, his truck, his homely dog, anything to tear him down and bring him down to size. That would be BDCC size.

Name
I'm Rick James
Larry B said:
MikeD00019 said:

How is this stealing business? What it does is lock down his customers for his business.

Cant make you look bad when the guy spends more on equipment and training than you make a year.

There is him and another Carpet store company in this area that sell flooring and do carpet and tile cleaning. Both companies have the biggest and best equipment money can buy. (other company is all over the state)

Its easy for people on boards to look at stuff and put them down but dont knock a guys plan when you only look at 2 lines of a website.

Ralph is also a nice person and if you have questions about his business feel free to contact him and not trash him on the boards.

He is in the IICRC and listed with the BBB if you want to check him out.

And NO I am not friends with Ralph or Rich but this is just stupid shit to trash this guys marketing when it works for him.

Great post

Back
Top Bottom