How many of you one truckers have a back up TM?

How many of you one truckers have a back up TM?

• Yes, a TM in a van

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nada, but I got my fingers crossed real tight.

• IDGAS.

• Total voters

Tile Nerd

I have a 7 x 12 foot trailer set-up for WD. It's got a Steamway 2100 in it which serves as back up for cleaning. Also have 2 OP's and a 175.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have a second 1 ton Chevy with a Butler unit. Was thinking about maybe dumping it but I know how good of shape it is in and what if I have a big enough water damage....well tonight was the big enough water damage. Manufactured home with pipe break. Three hours on site pulling water. One up top and one person down below. Would have still been there now vs sitting here ready to shower and checking/responding to Mikey's board.

Will not be without a second van/Truck mount at this point. My dad always had 2 and he said "he could usually make it home for dinner because of the second van. (his exact words tonight)

Mark Saiger

Spurling

How about buying the portable truck mount from chem-tex for $6000...(ebay) as back up. Or build platform for a blower and engine .. t-bone it to the waste tank..fuel with shut off to existing mount and carry a water otter or water hog.

There's a guy in town who has 1 truck and I just saw it today on a flatbed ... the roof and windshield burned to a crisp.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I'm thinking about doing a backup trailer. i just had my truck in for inspection and the mechanic didnt get around to it the first day so I lost another day!

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I have a Small backup 16 hp briggs and 33 blower with 127 hrs. see's very little use. It is mounted in an open trailer sitting in the garage waiting for my wifes minivan to pull it out once and a while. Open trailers are not real professional, but I don't lose work for a day and its a good backup machine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I will have one as soon as I find one...........I am in the market for a good unit in a closed trailer........

John G

Got OP's in my van bu got a TM in the shed for backup, dang it is getting old and dirty though, need to use that thing some day.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've got and good old back up in a van but I'm too embarrassed to drive the rust out thing to the customer's home. I hope to put it in a covered trailer this year.

LeeCory

John, is the "truckmount" you speak of the........(6 shooter)?

When you said truckmount, I hope you had a little grin as you were typing that..... :)

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have thought about a back up, but I really don't need it.

What I do instead is just keep a few parts on hand that I know can go out at some time, and then it is just a quick fix and I am back in business without leaving the job.

Some of these things may only go out every few years, if ever, but I keep them on my truck. Fuel pump, heater transformer, ignition switch, solenoid, pressure pump kits, small hoses, belts, couplers, check valve, brass fittings, spark plugs, etc.

These things cost much less than another whole unit and take up less space. And unless you have your extra truck mount with you, you waste time going back home to get it, especially when you are a long way from home.

Loren

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Shane T said:
I've got and good old back up in a van but I'm too embarrassed to drive the rust out thing to the customer's home. I hope to put it in a covered trailer this year.

I feel the same way about my '87 GMC WM which runs great (it should, after I've poured tens of thousands in repairs over the years) but looks like Uncle Jed's car in the ritzy neighborhoods I work in. But it sure comes in handy those times when my purty Chevy Express TM is down and I've got five jobs to do and no where to reschedule.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have a backup tm with 400 hours on it in an enclosed trailer but I hope sometime this year it will not just be a backup anymore. I plan to use it for all or most of the commercial work once I get enough lined up to have it running most evenings.

Al

No back up TM yet, we have a one ton van with portables or VLM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom