How many of you own an RX or similar machine?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How many of you own an Rx or similar machine?

Let me know the Pro's and con's of what you got?

Thanks,
Scott

Becker

Name
Becker
RX high speed.

I like the machine.

I don't use it often, maybe 2-3 jobs per month.

Love using it on trashed properties.

Easy to handle, but most res cleaning don't require the extra muscle the machine provides.

Mike Draper

RV-360. Cleans better than anything!!! fast for apartments when I don't do dry passes. When I do dry passes, dry times are super fast. However, it sucks ass on Commercial Glue Down. Cleans better than my RX-20, my drag wand or any other wand I've owned. I have put over 1100 hours on it and it's still works perfect.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I bought and returned my 360 it is nothing like the Rx-20.

When i was having problems they told me to turn down this and that(pressure and vac.) I wasn't having that. The weight was nice and it did good on tile but it wasn't for me. Probably would work great with a portable.

The Rx-20 is the one i choose

Steve1

360 definitely just as good and easier than my rx.

I have never turned down anything with a 47 blower run at 15 hg.

Able 1

Name
Keith
They (the 360) will give you a 30 day money back deal try it out and see what you think.

at least they did before.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Rotovac original two head, great for residential work. Rotovac swinger one head, easy to use on stairs residential or commercial. Low speed RX 20, use in shop on area rugs. High speed RX 20, for commercial work. DriMaster Rotary, nice job cleaning silks and faux silk.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use to be a avid RX user...........but I went to the dark side....and can't remember the last time I touched one.......

Greenie

I would take that door stop over the original on commercial any day. I see the 360 as specially made for the residential cleaner, but take Jim's advice, don't under estimate a properly designed high flow glided 2" wand.

TimP

I have an Rx-20 HE. I now have it as a glorified buffer as I use it to pre scrub carpet with the bonnet attachment. The last time I used it to extract was probably about 3-4 months ago. It does a great job however it is fairly slow. I prefer the wand (greenhorn from greenglides) as it leaves carpet dryer and has higher flow to the carpet. It's kinda a luxury to have, like if you hurt yourself or are just plain exhausted and want some relief since it's easier to run than a wand.

diamond brian

3 two-head Rotovacs. Very slow to use, but tremendous for reviving old carpet. Costly to replace parts. Excellent USP for marketing.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
So as it seems that the rotovac 360 and the Rx-20 are the ones to look for. i think that this year sometime i will be buying or at least trying a machine like these out.

How much does the RX-20 and the Rotovac 360 weigh.
PSI needs?
What machine is more durable?
Which is more expensive to repair?

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Scott, for what it's worth, I normally use the 360, but today I did a house that didn't have electricity, and I had to use my wand, and I'm pooped!

Scott,

I think the dry weight of the 360 is around 25-35 pounds and the RX is probably around 45-55, I could be wrong that's just my guess. I wouldn't operate the 360 under 400 psi and the RX really needs more than 550 to be effective. I've had great luck with the 360 and good luck with the RX they are both very durable and usually easy to fix machines. Rotovac is in my "backyard" and I know the service/sales people very well, and they've always been fair. I had some work done on my original Rotovac Power Wand a while back. I haven't had any experience with servicing the RX though.

Pssst the guy who invented the RotoVac (Cliff) was an RX-20 creator.

FastEddie

Jeff,

When solving the drip issue with check valves, I re-plumbed the jet assembly, allowing me to aim the jets at more of an angle towards the glides and also creating more agitation with the plumbing that is.

Mike Draper

RV-360 weighs 39 pounds. I have never cleaned carpet with it at over 300 psi. mostly 200 psi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom