how many of you use a mini spotter?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am thinking of getting a mini spotter for touch ups , upholstery and spotting for when I encap. I have a rent to own company we clean about 10 living room groups for them a month. I thought a mini spotter would be awesome for keeping hours off the truckmount and more convinient and mobile than the porty. Do you guys use them? if so which ones pros/ cons?

EDIC fivestar

Clean, spot, do condos, and weighs about 40 pounds. How are you going to do a two bedroom condo with a spotter?

With the fivestar, spray, scrub, and extract.

I loved that machine.

I wish I could find a smoking deal on one in great shape.

S

sam miller

$1200 ON STEAM BRITE NEW Daniel Yikes thats expensive drag wand style I'd probably turn the Job down if I could'nt use a truckmount

I hate using portys of any kind!

If its a spot get a spray bottle and terry towels or 175 and bonnet away spots. not enough room for another something IMO.

Name
Nate W.
We have 3... They pay for themselves 1,000x over... We do spot cleaning, demos, 1 seat cushion, touch-ups, use with spot dyeing with eye droppers and liquid dyes... I don't see how some cleaners can do without one...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I could do without portables entirely!

Infact I'm part a of legislation to effectively raise the bar for carpet cleaning. Portables will be deemed "Less than professional" and will only be allowed to be used as cosmetic cleaning with effectiveness rating of 2-stars out of ten.

J/K
Never met a portable I didn't hate! :mrgreen:

Name
Nate W.
Big Star said:

Infact I'm part a of legislation to effectively raise the bar for carpet cleaning. Portables will be deemed "Less than professional" and will only be allowed to be used as cosmetic cleaning with effectiveness rating of 2-stars out of ten.

J/K

Scotchgard, Phoenix, Guardmans, were big time money makers when we'd get 3-5 spot cleanings a day... They went the way of the Steamway and wanted it done right for peanuts... They ended up replacing a lot of furniture after...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're probably better off without them Nate, the paperwork alone had to be a big hassle.

I hated all the paperwork, HELL we do that much paperwork for insurance work and those are usually bigger tickets.

Name
Nate W.
Big Star said:
You're probably better off without them Nate, the paperwork alone had to be a big hassle.

I hated all the paperwork, HELL we do that much paperwork for insurance work and those are usually bigger tickets.

$125 a pop for cleaning a spot... I'll take that anytime... But they tried to get us to do it for $90, then $60... F that... They can replace the entire piece for going the cheap route... :lol:

The paperwork wasn't that bad, I didn't have to do it... blowme !gotcha!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Big Star said:

I gotta call bs on that on that one chavez. portys really do come in handy. for example we cleaned 500 office chairs on 3 rd floor, touchups, subzero weather etc. I do admit know that I run a slide in my porty has a layer of dust on it 8)

J/K

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
daniel son..ha

we have 3 EDIC five stars in our vac store to rent for maintenance..people swear by them compared to rug doctors..

we get new ones every year and sell the used ones in great shape for roughly $600-$800 with tools I believe..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I gotta call bs on that on that one chavez. portys really do come in handy. for example we cleaned 500 office chairs on 3 rd floor, touchups, subzero weather etc. I do admit know that I run a slide in my porty has a layer of dust on it 8)
LOL I know Jon they serve a purpose in our industry......but I've yet to figure out what that purpose is. ???

Actually I'm embarrassed to say we have 90-chairs to clean on 8th floor. I had the guys dusting off a few portables and check the vacuum and pumps. Fortunately they still work, unfortunately we have to use them for this job. :oops:

I wonder what a 15-gallon portable looks like falling 8-stories? :twisted:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
...looks like a 15 gallon portable falling 8 stories

The real question is, what does a 15 gallon portable look like on the ground AFTER falling 8 stories
remember, its the fall that hurts but the sudden stop at the bottom!!

PCCN

We have one in the shop with about 2 inches of dust on it. Way more trouble to use it than it's worth. Loud, bulky, and no power or heat.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Mytee tempo - no heat, but for a little spotter that tucks away easily in most vans, it has a lot of suck. I have had 3 different spotters - bang for the buck, nothing comes close imo.

One on each truck - it's exclusively for spot/stain touch ups to rinse - on every touch-up saves 15-20 minutes of TM set-up and teardown - nnot to mention the other hassles like pulling in inclement weather with your lines/hoses.

Like it was said earlier - pays for itself 1000x over.

Nate

I think this is a wise idea. Sometimes, the entire carpet doesn't need to be done and you can save hours on machines and transportation costs. I actually do carpet touch-ups in my own home more than I clean the whole carpet. I am quite the neat freak too. What do the angie's list carpet cleaning reviews say about touch up jobs? Anyone know? I have had good reviews on my work.

monica

Spotting scope users demand top-quality optics that perform flawlessly under all weather conditions. . .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom