How many sq. ft. do you pre-spray before extraction

Able 1

Name
Keith
No, it came from another thread that they were saying they were spraying 1000sq. ft ahead just curious what the average was...

If I am cleaning residential carpets, I usually spray all of the carpet and then start farthest away from the truck and work my way out. Restaurants are a different story. I spray about 300-500 sq.ft. Any more than that and the carpet will dry before I can clean it. The heavy grease for some reason makes the carpet dry faster. I really put the pre-spray down heavy too. Other resaurants that don't have a lot of grease in the carpet I can usually spray more sq.ft.

hogjowl

Idiot™
There is absolutely no friggn way I could prespray a whole house and NOT have rooms dry before I could extract them.

I don't think there is any possibility that your experience could be any different.

So, the question is ... does it not matter to your performance to clean with dried prepray?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Depends how heavy you prespray. I don't over spray, but I'm not underspraying either.
I might be about 500-800.
I prespray one half of a house, then groom, then set up the hoses for that half.
Then I'll prep the other half.

G

1000 to 1400; Actually; prespray is supposed to dry mostly raising the dirty away from the fiber; kinda where they got encapping from; carpet should be mostly dry when you extract; exception like said earlier restaurants; make prespray to max strength; pump up spray down citrus solv 5 minutes before you extract an area; and you got great cleaning.

P.S. if you clean restaurants below 230 deg. you are working way to hard.

Name
Jesse
rjfdube said:
prespray is supposed to dry mostly raising the dirty away from the fiber; carpet should be mostly dry when you extract;

I completely disagree with the above. We spray large areas 1000-1500, but when the pre-spray begins to dry the cleaning performance decreases dramatically. We occasionally have to respray heavily soiled areas if they dry to much.

TimP

If it's drying before you can extract 1,000 ft you aren't spraying enough prespray or you're moving at the pace of a freaking slug. I wont spray out the complete 1,000 ft if I have furniture but once it's moved back I do. I make sure there are no obsticles to finishing once I get all the PS down. Even though that don't make me worry about drying I just like to get it all sprayed and get the sprayer out of the house and out of my way.

Keep in mind I live in Florida and the air is not dry here.

Rex Tyus

I don't have a set # of square feet. I treat as many sf as I can without it drying. If it is a vacant and no furniture to move I will lay it down way out. 1000 is possible here with thick cut pile and it not drying without moving furniture. I say, do what you are comfortable with. Just remember to properly suspend the soil you must treat tip to base of the fiber. You can soak it and let it dwell or you can moisten and scrub your ass off. There is no right or wrong answer.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My theory is "IF" the prespray has supposedly dried it is reactivated when you rinse it with your wand.

Rex Tyus

Walrus said:
My theory is "IF" the prespray has supposedly dried it is reactivated when you rinse it with your wand.

There is truth to that. However, the soil particles have idealy been broken down by the prespray. If it is allowed to dry it may reattach it self to the fiber (depending on soil type) and even become more difficult to remove. If you have adequate heat and flow it may not be as much of an issue as some one using say a 16" wand with three 110015 jets at 300 psi and a 1.5" wand tube with 170 deg heat.

Greenie

I could always tell the moment I hit dried prespray, it just doesn't move, and no amount of steaming over the top of it is quite the same as the next room of still wet prespray, although it's true if you airwand a room and come back to it, it will reactivate, it needs some time, it's jsut quicker to give the dried area a quick re-spray and get back to work.

I just supersoaked the rooms a bit extra I would hit last, ..maybe (5-700 Sq.ft) and never any further than I could get to before it dried, trying to imagine 1000sq. ft routinely? I don't think so out here.

TimP

Greenie said:
I could always tell the moment I hit dried prespray, it just doesn't move, and no amount of steaming over the top of it is quite the same as the next room of still wet prespray, although it's true if you airwand a room and come back to it, it will reactivate, it needs some time, it's jsut quicker to give the dried area a quick re-spray and get back to work.

I just supersoaked the rooms a bit extra I would hit last, ..maybe (5-700 Sq.ft) and never any further than I could get to before it dried, trying to imagine 1000sq. ft routinely? I don't think so out here.

That does make sense....California is pretty darn dry. And people always think they gotta have their fans on for carpet cleaning, I'm sure that makes it dry fast over there. I always tell people you can keep it off till I'm done. But the carpet dryer when I extract than when I prespray. It takes 2 hours on loop pile olefins and 4-6ish hours on cut pile thick carpets. I don't worry about drying of PS here at all.....just don't happen for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom