How many Venturi 777 owners do we have here?

Mikey P

Administrator
And how much time and money did you have to spend to get it up and running?

Would you do it again?

What advice to you have for others considering getting one.

Mike Draper

a guy in my town has one. He can't even run it in the winter, won't heat up. HE was bragging to me that by the end of a summer day it will be pumpin out 230-240 heat.

G

I have one - absolutely no problems with it.

I did go over it with a fine tooth comb . When I got it the oil pump / e-3 exchanger was disabled . Took it off , took it to a radiator shop for cleaning and reinstalled . Everything works fine.

I have looked at several other ones as i was planning on putting another on the road. Every one I looked at needed at least 8 grand or more work on them just to get them up to snuff , not to mention the unknown wear and tear on the engine and transmission .

I basically spent maybe a grand or so on mechanical issues and cosmetics another grand .

Ended up buying a butler because I couldnt find another in comparable shape as my first one.

One good thing is either blueline or aerotech still offers support and parts for these models .

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mikey you know I have been slowly restoring one for awhile.

I would recommend the engine be diagnosed first if you can. That was what mine needed the most. Pay close attention to the tranny fluid too. They may have record of work done on the unit. Just ask. E 3 exchanger are all gonna be toast this late in the selling of Vent trucks.

Diverter will be stuck most likely should repair yourself. EDV solenoid should be replaced.

Brakes could also set you back another 2 g's.

Mine still needs the E 3 and a paint job on the box.

Plan on cleaning up and painting most everything inside the box. Lot of little things will come up like dump valves and fittings guages hoses.

Seeing other Vent trucks I think the better the bumpers are the better the whole truck was treated. Smashed and bent all to pieces, probably ran to pieces cleaning.

If someone had the money available right upon purchase I think you could have these trucks ready to roll in about 1-2 months.

When it is done I should have around $ 16,000 invested. Mine was a very high mileage truck with a stuck blower when I purchased it. She bled all the way home. But runs like a champ now. Just don't get hot hot yet.

Mikey pass my cell to your friend if they would like to talk. Tom Rowe has given me lots of advice since he restored one first. Jim Martin is also a good asset to have.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Also probably need wastetank gaskets.

Check the blower pulley shaft for wear and wobble.

Mikey I think that was Fred Collins? Think it was to pay for his new aerotech machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom