How many VLM only members do we have?

VLMOG

• Total voters

TimP

If VLM is determined by the moisture left after cleaning I'd say I am.......however I'm not a scrub and run nut.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
4 years of bonnet only cleaning (CD)...was about to call it quits when they bought the CTS-450 TM...and all the other guys wanted NOTHING to do with it due to having to put more effort in....I couldn't get in that truck fast enough. Now, only post bonnet (if needed) and use on commercial grade....but would NEVER go back to that as a sole method and am always shocked to hear guys who brag about it as the "best"...

can it do an o.k. job on residential, yes, as good as HWE...hell NO...and you're smoking some good shit if you think otherwise or you need to be baker-acted...

C Pennington said:
Why would a vortex board attract VLM only guys?

DAT

Because they get a real laugh at Vortex and TM guys that can't get the spots out...your website photos of "Jenny" are a real giggle...even though you changed the angle of the before and after pic the spots still show...what a hack... :lol:

In my case ...I mostly duo process carpet...OP machine for presrub...followed by Porty extraction...though there are times and situations that I OP only carpets. Bottom line... no one method works in every situation.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i reckon VLM would be defined as cleaning with very low moisture.

not the amount of moisture left behind on the textile.

that right?

EDIT*** Cimex / OP only since May, 2004.

Mikey P

Administrator
So I'd like to hear form all 5 of you about a few things.

What machines do you bring to your work residential jobs?

What is your favorite resi cleaning agent?

How do you deal with urine puddles?

How many spotting agents do you carry?

How often do you turn away (real dirty) work?

Only work empty rental turnovers
Defender 17" OP machine, Rotovac, Raptor 230H Porty, "Glided" wand.
Whamm with Z-Bomb kicker, Judson O2... if not too dirty
Pro Chem Powerburst
Hotknife
Spot & Boost
PeeRadicator

Never turn away "dirty" work...in fact most of my work is "real dirty".

I was vlm only , then after a few nasty pee/poo jobs, I new I had to get some HWE. So I emptied my bank account and got the best porty I could afford. Now I kinda want a TM.

But there have been times when I was using HWE and had to bring in the OP to save the job. Glad to have both. Most VLM guys I know have at least a small extractor, unless they do mostly commercial work.

Greenie

Padden McFadden said:
...But there have been times when I was using HWE and had to bring in the OP to save the job.
Glad to have both. Most VLM guys I know have at least a small extractor, unless they do mostly commercial work.

Padden,
could you expand on the details, thanks.

BRSUMMERVILLE

Von Schrader VS1: Carpet cleaning machine.
Von Schrader Esprit: Upholstery cleaning machine.
Sear Small rotary/scruber (175rpm)

What is your favorite cleaning agent?
Von Schrader Low pH Detergent (natural fibers) and High pH detergent (synthetic fiber).

According to Odor Control IICRC standards.

Assorted chemical agents in my spot removal kit.

One time in 15 years. I was doing an estimate in this guy bedroom.There was so much urine and crap on and in the carpet. When this person told me that he is so lazy to go to the bathroom, that he'll do it by his bed.

Bob Rock

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
good questions!

Mikey P said:
i bring in the Challenger or Orbot.

What is your favorite resi cleaning agent?
Encap Punch

dog: CCS's UR Out.
i dont do cat.

Vacaway: 1 for rust, 1 for gum, 1 for red, Spot N Boost, Poof.
and then Sod Perc & 40 Vol.

if we are still talking about resi, i only turn down the rare (for me) feline urine contamination jobs. since i only do 30-40 homes per year, i dont turn down many homes. if i did 300-400 homes then i would turn down more no doubt.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man ... I love Vacaways spotters.

I don't vlm residentials, but I do a good bit of commercial. Steve's spotters make all the difference.

Greenie said:
Padden McFadden said:
...But there have been times when I was using HWE and had to bring in the OP to save the job.
Glad to have both. Most VLM guys I know have at least a small extractor, unless they do mostly commercial work.

Padden,
could you expand on the details, thanks.

Sure,
Last Friday I did an apartment, had dog poo,piss, and was just flat nasty. So I hauled the porty in, pre sprayed, and spot treated. Then scrubbed the crap out of it with a CRB. Then I started cleaning, the poo and most of the pee came out fine but the supper nasty traffic lanes didn't improve much. So I went and got my OP and started padding the bad traffic areas and they came out almost perfect.

hogjowl

Idiot™
This time of year I do a good bit of military move outs. If all I had was an OP machine and a portable, I would certainly use the OP machine on almost all of them, and only pull out the portable in situations such as you describe. However, I own a good TM, and my experience has been that I simply can't compete (time wise) with an OP machine compared to a TM.

Greenie

Padden McFadden said:
Sure,
Last Friday I did an apartment, had dog poo,piss, and was just flat nasty. So I hauled the porty in, pre sprayed, and spot treated. Then scrubbed the crap out of it with a CRB. Then I started cleaning, the poo and most of the pee came out fine but the supper nasty traffic lanes didn't improve much. So I went and got my OP and started padding the bad traffic areas and they came out almost perfect.

The first thing comes to mind is HEAT. I think you might have skipped the post OP if you had some heat. It's great that TACT can be balanced and made up for.

I am curious, do you think if your Pre-scrubbed with OP then rinsed and extracted you would have done a better job faster than the CRB?

What Prespray did you say you were using?

The first thing comes to mind is HEAT. I think you might have skipped the post OP if you had some heat. It's great that TACT can be balanced and made up for. I am curious said:
"Greenie"][quote=

I have A 2000 watt heater, but was worried about blowing fuses, filled with hot bathtub water. So your right it may have worked better with more heat. But I have been in other situations were I had my heat running full bore and still the OP gave better results.

Yes, I think the OP would have done a better/faster pre scrub, but at the time I thought the crb would do the trick. :)

I used encap green for prespray which can be used with both HWE and VLM, (has deodorizing ability) I used backout on the poo and pee. I plan to get some O2 and grease eraser to try out.

DevilThomas said:
C Pennington said:
Why would a vortex board attract VLM only guys?

DAT

Because they get a real laugh at Vortex and TM guys that can't get the spots out...your website photos of "Jenny" are a real giggle...even though you changed the angle of the before and after pic the spots still show...what a hack... :lol:

In my case ...I mostly duo process carpet...OP machine for presrub...followed by Porty extraction...though there are times and situations that I OP only carpets. Bottom line... no one method works in every situation.

Your full of crap...angle change?...sorry I didnt mark an x on the first pic..25.00 tip..pic legit .. spot aint there DA!!another POG with a chip on his shoulder.

C Pennington said:
DevilThomas said:
[quote="C Pennington":38nokpjm]Why would a vortex board attract VLM only guys?

DAT

Your full of crap...angle change?...sorry I didnt mark an x on the first pic..25.00 tip..pic legit .. spot aint there DA!!another POG with a chip on his shoulder.[/quote:38nokpjm]

Lets see who is full of crap...

home__right.jpg

The two spots in the foreground of the before pic are still visible in the after pic as well as the spots by the sofa. The camera angle has been changed...look at the table...and "Jenny" herself was obviously added to the pic later for advertizing purposes. Look dude...I took the photo into Photoshop and enlarged it to make sure I was right..if you want I will email you the enlargement. Spots are there... Duh!!! You and I both know that you could have removed those spots with some prespot attention and some agitation. Try putting an OP machine or rotary175 on your trucks and using it for agitation sometime.You must have been too busy splashing and dashing and cashing...all those TMs and still can't clean a carpet.... :wink:

Your not the only one..... I still chucle at Captain Carpets before and after pics

carpet-before.jpg

carpet-after.jpg

$80,000 Vortex and still can't clean a carpet....

The guy that has impressed me most around here recently is Mikey....by taking the time to presrub a bad Berber with a 175 prior to extracting...taking the time not to be a Hack!

You want to really clean a carpet? Then understand that it takes more than heat, flow, and suck...it takes agitation...but I'll bet you already knew that...you just seem not to care.

In my case ...I mostly duo process carpet...OP machine for presrub...followed by Porty extraction...though there are times and situations that I OP only carpets. Bottom line... no one method works in every situation.[/quote]

Your full of crap...angle change?...sorry I didnt mark an x on the first pic..25.00 tip..pic legit .. spot aint there DA!!another POG with a chip on his shoulder.[/quote]

Lets see who is full of crap...

home__right.jpg

The two spots in the foreground of the before pic are still visible in the after pic as well as the spots by the sofa. The camera angle has been changed...look at the table...and "Jenny" herself was obviously added to the pic later for advertizing purposes. Look dude...I took the photo into Photoshop and enlarged it to make sure I was right..if you want I will email you the enlargement. Spots are there... Duh!!! You and I both know that you could have removed those spots with some prespot attention and some agitation. Try putting an OP machine or rotary175 on your trucks and using it for agitation sometime.You must have been too busy splashing and dashing and cashing...all those TMs and still can't clean a carpet.... :wink:

Your not the only one..... I still chucle at Captain Carpets before and after pics

carpet-before.jpg

carpet-after.jpg

$80,000 Vortex and still can't clean a carpet....

The guy that has impressed me most around here recently is Mikey....by taking the time to presrub a bad Berber with a 175 prior to extracting...taking the time not to be a Hack!

You want to really clean a carpet? Then understand that it takes more than heat, flow, and suck...it takes agitation...but I'll bet you already knew that...you just seem not to care.[/quote]

********************************************************************************************

MY RESPONSE TO THE "DEVIL" ....LMAO...below

My God you POG with a chip on his shoulder, Jenny is not hididng anything..you just insulted Wayne Miller (who posts and mods here) of "hiding" something...he designed my web ,call him and ask him if Im hiding something...LMAO....and the spot you see by the table is a berber shadow,ever heard of that rookie? That job was pre scrub and post padded BTW.. Do seriously think I would take a picture of something that wasnt clean and post it on my web? Your a fookin dumb ass...look at my photo gallery and we do prescrub or post pad 80%of our jobs and every truck has a 175 in it and a vaccum cleaner. Im glad you have been in PC, FL and watching me clean...in other words you havent and your speculation how I do things shows.. how truly pathetic,desperate and ignorant you are.

Wow...LMAO

and your before and after pic...your angle lens is different and I see some spots.. do I need to photo shop? are you hiding something?... camera dont lie.

Also, I like how your chapped lips throws Mikey in there for using a 175 and if you would pay attention there is alot of guys on here besides him who use a 175 with TM....just trying to educate you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DevilThomas said:

then you're not a VLM only dude :roll:

i reckon VLM would be defined as cleaning with very low moisture.

not the amount of moisture left behind on the textile.

that right?

I'd say that's probably right, Derick.
Though some disagree, I categorize "true" VLM as using little water over all
Which "technically" to me rules out OP and bonnet cause of water used to launder pads/bonnets.

So I'd say the only "true" VLM guys on this thread would be Bob Rock with his VS machine.
EncRap scrub 'n run ONLY guys would qualify too

no biggie though..I just felt like picking nits this morning... :mrgreen:

of yea..Curt, don't sweat it, that devilThomas dude is full time apt maintenance guy and pt time apt CCer.
he's still wet behind the ears.

I kind of like his "kick azz" schtick though
he fits in here.. :lol:

..L.T.A.

TimP

You know I can get the same results just with HWE prespray and a scrub.

When you extract the stuff that you can barely see actually goes away unless it's a stain like a red stain urine stain etc. Then you have to do stain removal through oxidation or reducing. VLM just don't cut it in my opinion. Yeah you can beat out SS and 90% of the cleaners who are hacks out there that just run an emulsifier through their wand and run.

Back
Top Bottom