How much $$ can be made with 2 trucks?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
How much $$ can you gross with 2 trucks with NO water restoring? I notice a lot of guys quote making 500k per year but do a lot of water damage. But can 500k be made with only carpet cleaning ?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ben,
I think you are a poster child for being able to get high prices for your cleaning. I seem to remember you getting big bucks for some jobs. Projecting out some of your better days and figuring in a couple of trucks seems like you should be telling/showing us how much can be made.

Many of us are in the do a lot of jobs and make some money one each rather than do a lot of jobs and make a lot of money on each.

Good Luck
Rick

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Yes- in fact 600+ is able to be done with 2 trucks, it is all about having the volume of work to do it and the drive to get it done.

CanYouHemiNow

Ken, how much of that would you figure is upsell? I don't mean the 'twist their arm' or 'threaten the family dog' type upsell... just the 'asking if they would be interested' kind?

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Ken, how many staff are involved with getting $600,000 with 2 trucks?

Would it be 2 man crews 8 to 10 hours a day or an evening crew taking over.

also you have support staff for scheduling, accounting etc.

For 2 trucks an owner/operator and a technican (2 people total) doing all the work including office duties, scheduling etc $600,000 is a little out of reach :lol:

Terry

Chris A

Name
Chris
Terry said:
Ken, how many staff are involved with getting $600,000 with 2 trucks?

Would it be 2 man crews 8 to 10 hours a day or an evening crew taking over.

also you have support staff for scheduling, accounting etc.

For 2 trucks an owner/operator and a technican (2 people total) doing all the work including office duties, scheduling etc $600,000 is a little out of reach :lol:

Terry

I would agree with that, You need 2 person teams to get near those numbers, and then some serious volume. I don't wanna speak for Ken but I think their top guys work Saturdays and some Sundays to make that coin.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Asking if there is any more work we can do or for topical treatments is done both on the phone and then again at the house,unless already done. Add on work is a decent portion of our business, but never pestered for.

I was not thinking about the office side duties, just the cleaning time with 2 person crews.

Ken

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Ken Snow said:
Asking if there is any more work we can do or for topical treatments is done both on the phone and then again at the house,unless already done. Add on work is a decent portion of pour business, but never pestered for.

I was not thinking about the office side duties, just the cleaning time with 2 person crews.

Ken

So Ken, i see a special for 4 rooms ( up to 250 each) so thats... about 1050-1100SF. for $99.00. That is about .10 per SF. How do you make 600K charging .10 per SF?

Name
Nate W.
bensurdi said:
Ken Snow said:
Asking if there is any more work we can do or for topical treatments is done both on the phone and then again at the house,unless already done. Add on work is a decent portion of pour business, but never pestered for.

Ken

So Ken, i see a special for 4 rooms ( up to 250 each) so thats... about 1050-1100SF. for $99.00. That is about .10 per SF. How do you make 600K charging .10 per SF?

I'd assume no furniture moving, open areas only. Couches, beds, dressers take up quite a bit of room = less sf cleaning.

-JB-

Name
JB
Yes- in fact 600+ is able to be done with 2 trucks, it is all about having the volume of work to do it and the drive to get it done.

amen.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Ben, look at it this way - how much can one truck with a two man crew do in one day, how much more if that truck also works evenings doing res or commercial work ? With either the same crew or or a different crew.

$1,000 per day @ 5 days a week - 50 (wks) x 5,000 = 250 k
$1,000 oer day @ 7 days a week - 50 x 7,000 = 350 k

A 2 man crew working efficiently can easily do $1k if the work is there. It all starts with good marketing, good office staff and personable Techs.

Some of those $99 jobs end at $99 and some end at $ 3-500 and up but you surely know that.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
there was a guy in Texas I believe, Steve Cameron would remember him, was grossing about 350-450K with one truck. The guy had said they don't move furniture and they don't clean dirty carpet. An exact target market paying a premium price for a trustworthy company.

If you figure 45- 5 day weeks, 225 days with an ave $600/day is $135K,
Just work the numbers and figure how hard you want to work, or how hard you want your employees to work.

Cameron1

Ron Werner said:
there was a guy in Texas I believe, Steve Cameron would remember him, was grossing about 350-450K with one truck. The guy had said they don't move furniture and they don't clean dirty carpet. An exact target market paying a premium price for a trustworthy company.

If you figure 45- 5 day weeks, 225 days with an ave $600/day is $135K,
Just work the numbers and figure how hard you want to work, or how hard you want your employees to work.

Ron, you have a great memory because I had forgotten all about Robert Peters in Dallas . His lead tech made over 100,000.00 per year and that was back when that was real money.

He was super nice guy and I think blazed his own trail in alot of ways. No one ever told him it could not be done so he just did it.

Think I will give him a call to see how he is doing.

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
Back in my Coit days (10+ years ago) I did 320K + a year not counting the up sales completed by other tecs. It was a different type of cleaning than what I do now, but none the less a good cleaning. That was on my own working 6 days a week.
Demien

Greenie

Demien's post reminds me of a frustrating point with owner operators.

Now, i may very well be speaking out of turn, (but that never stopped me before), because I never pushed wand for a Coit or Stanley type outfit, but....

How come it is, that seasoned techs can generate $200-300K for their employers, but 5 years into going on their own they struggle to make the same sales for themselves?

Besides the obvious answer...'My name wasn't on it' before, it was just a job and a task, and I didn't know I couldn't sell it?

Why do you s'pose the average caring cleaner isn't making that, even with a helper? If you can charge .30 a foot for Coit, aren't you worth .40 a foot giving your heart and soul?

Name
Ron lippold
thats good numbers for a single guy. but just remember that there is a huge amount of ad doolars behind that 340,000

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
How much $$ can you gross with 2 trucks with NO water restoring? I notice a lot of guys quote making 500k per year but do a lot of water damage. But can 500k be made with only carpet cleaning ?

I think $250,000 a truck is very possible. You gotta have the right attitude and drive. It will take you years to get to that point, plus hiring the right person.

Where are you at now? How many jobs do you average a month and whats your job average?

What kind of advertising are you planning to get all that work? I really dont see any NWgreenclean marketing in the mill creek area.

Just out of curiouslity, how many vans do you have and TM? I saw that your still selling that Apex, did you still plan on getting a vortex next year?

I think its time me you and don head out for dinner and a few drinks...

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
brent said:
bensurdi said:

I think $250,000 a truck is very possible. You gotta have the right attitude and drive. It will take you years to get to that point, plus hiring the right person.

Where are you at now? How many jobs do you average a month and whats your job average?

What kind of advertising are you planning to get all that work? I really dont see any NWgreenclean marketing in the mill creek area.

Just out of curiouslity, how many vans do you have and TM? I saw that your still selling that Apex, did you still plan on getting a vortex next year?

I think 250K is very understandable, as is 500K. I'm just looking for a few mentors to help coach me to the top. Right now I am on track. I average enough jobs with high enough tickets to sit in my underwear everyday talking on the phone while the money comes in :). I do not do any advertising. I have 3 vans and 4 Prochem machines. I am still planning on getting a V next year and will still sell the apex if someone wants it, i just haven't been pursuing the sale very hard...

Greenie

I'd say hire a girl and go put your pants back on, and add another 250K to your annual gross, and report back this time next year.

Name
I'm Rick James
I think 250K is very understandable, as is 500K. I'm just looking for a few mentors to help coach me to the top. Right now I am on track. I average enough jobs with high enough tickets to sit in my underwear everyday talking on the phone while the money comes in . I do not do any advertising. I have 3 vans and 4 Prochem machines. I am still planning on getting a V next year and will still sell the apex if someone wants it, i just haven't been pursuing the sale very hard...

How many jobs do you average a month and what do you project 2009 job completion total is going to be?

You dont need any mentors if you are able to sit in your underwear all day and let your business run itself. Not bad for being such a young company. You should write a book or something.

I am probably going to do about 250 different clients by the end of the year, since really going full time in June of this year. My goal is about 600-800 new clients next year.

Want to meet up for dinner, your treat big baller.

brent said:
bensurdi said:

I don't think it takes years to make 250 grand with one truck...me and my cousin did 250 his first year in business...now on my own I'm almost at 170 grand for my first year with a month left if it gets cold enough I may hit 250 for my first year....there is no way that I wont do 250 grand next year....I am doing a lot of restoration work but my profit margins seem to be ALOT higher doing restoration work....It doesn't take years to make 250 grand all it takes is drive and going out and pounding the streets....Sales do come natural to me but I haven't advertised much at all...Referals and networking...I'm not at home waiting for jobs to come to me I go out and get them....

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
That's the whole question in my post though- can you make that much taking water restoration completely out? What are your #'s without the water damage jobs?

40 grand but I haven't done any marketing and I haven't pushed carpet cleaning at all...I haven't spent 1 dollar on any advertising other then business cards...I have gone out and got some commercial accounts for cash flow but I am going to start marketing to residential in january and february. I'm going to push hard for carpet cleaning in the spring....

Restoration work has been great for me...I have a few good referal sources and I am going to continue to focus on restoration....Why wouldn't you want to do restoration work? The profit margins are phenominal! The most important thing is to develop a marketing plan or buy one and impliment it...Thats why I went with the Professional Carpet Systems franchise we have a great marketing plan and tons of marketing material....If your just starting out you may want to look and they also have a lot of conversion franchises....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom