How much carpet protector do you sell and what's your best pitch?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I usually give protector away free to justify why they are paying my outrageous fee of .33 sf when the hack competitor coupon says "whole house cleaned for 99 bucks".

Reactions: Jimmy L

Mikey P

Administrator
I usually give protector away free to justify why they are paying my outrageous fee of .33 sf when the hack competitor coupon says "whole house cleaned for 99 bucks".

At .33 you cant afford to be giving away anything.

But I suppose that same bottle of AquaGard has been on the van for years now

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Some people are still unclear on the concept. Nobody is doing houses for $99. That's just the "foot in the door" price and once their in, that's when the high pressure sales start. Most of these guys are walking away with more than $.33 per sqft. at the end of the day. You are cleaning carpets for around $.20-.23 per sqft. if you're giving away protector. Have the confidence to charge what you are worth.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
At .33 you cant afford to be giving away anything.

But I suppose that same bottle of AquaGard has been on the van for years now
He’s just trying to make up and keep the customers that look down on this industry because those big franchises put the $99 face on our industry. They don’t know about the upsells after the foot is in the door.

Reactions: Giorgio and Jimmy L

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Was using ProsChoice Stain Gardian Ultra. Switched to Hardball. Switched to cobb.

Never had toooo much confidence in any of them until recently. Now using DuPont Teflon by 3M exclusively.

Your right!!! Need to get at least a dime a foot for protector! Thanks for the pep talk everyone! I really needed to hear that....

btw, did you know the only State with a higher poverty rate than New Mexico is Louisiana.

It's getting sad here.. People pan handling and begging at every intersection. I give them everything I can but by the time I get across town I'm picked clean.

Reactions: Mikey P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The Teflon carpet protector is not connected to 3M. 3M has Scotchgard which certainly has brand recognition but average performance. The brand name Teflon is owned by DuPont. Advanced Protector with Teflon is made by Bridgepoint through an agreement with DuPont.

Reactions: Giorgio

Jimbo

Case study...2 very similar homes at Northstar Ski Resort...Truckee, CA about 2285.714 square feet of carpet. Vacation home usage...maybe some friends and family using the 'cabin.' $800 to Clean carpets...one insisted on Teflon...$400 So $1200 for the 'protected' home... 5 years later they want it done again...the stuff works really well...another $1200!! Cool, Right? Home not more than a block away...same usage, and really close on the areas cleaned...$800...every year...so in 5 years...$4000...Sure...I had to work...but I want to work.

As far as the solvent protector...I will not use it...too many old timer carpet cleaners checked out with serious cancers...no thanks...You realize that fabric protectors are meant to stick and adhere to wet surfaces..
Pulmonary alveolus
are damp also...think about it...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom