How Much Do You Charge For Food Dye Stain removal

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
FCC said:
Unless somebody went apeshit and hosed the place down with kool aid I usually do it for "free"..........

Well I guess it depends on how much you charge for the cleaning. With my prices I have't to charge at least $25 to start if there's a couple of them I probably wont charge extra.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
everfresh1 said:
I usually charge $25 per stain most of my customers just say forget it. :?:

same as Fred.
Unless they're silly excessive, we charge enough in res that problem stains aren't additional charge

In many of our rental accounts, where profit margins are much thinner, we do charge more if we have to bring out the steam iron.
price is contingent on size, amount and difficulty/time involved to correct.
Anywhere from $20 and up

..L.T.A.

CleanExtreme

If we have to use specialized stain removal, we explain to the customer that this wont come out with standard cleaning but we may be able to remove it with an additional process. If we have to bring out the iron its $30, that covers 1 or a few small spots, if theres a large amount it goes up from that. Never had any trouble with getting that price, they either pay it or I dont waste my time on it. $30 is cheap if a large room of carpet can be saved, the smaller rooms or carpets getting close to replacement will sometimes say no I dont want to put any more money into it. I think it helps that we are the only company in our area that bothers to get these stains out so they know its a specialized process.

TimP

I do it for free unless it will take more than like 10 min meaning there is a ton of stains.

Reason being it sets me apart from companys like SS. I'm not near the high end of pricing but right in the middle and more often than not there isn't much kool-aid stains out there so it washes out.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
FCC said:
Yeah....I can see where that can be an issue after checking your site. I don't see your pricing of dye stain removal out of line given the time involved. Knowing your approach to selling this service may yield more tips. I'm sure you don't say "ya want that stain out its gonna be 25 bucks". Give us an idea of your approach/ technique. When are you offering, how many times, are you explaining the process required, do you have a helper, etc.......

Given your price point and the customers you are likely to attract $25 for a spot could be a really hard sell. How are you at other add ons?

I normally explain to the customer that red stain is food coloring which is a dye that can't be removed with the normal cleaning process. and that I will have't to use a special procedure to remove them, That will take addtional time, That's why there is an additional charge. As far as add ons go there is only protectant maybe 20% of my cust. buy it. I include deordorizer with the cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom