How much do you charge for rug cleaning in a pit?

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Going to be making a rug cleaning pit next week and want to know what everyone else charges per square foot.

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Joel's son, right?

You guys should be attracting $5 a foot type clients.

What are you going to charge for FPA?
I don't work for him and my brother anymore. Working for a company new to carpet cleaning now. They've had house and window cleaning services for the last 8 years or so and brought me in to set up and run the carpet cleaning department.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Pit washing will depend upon the market and the level of service offered. Some will include pick-up & delivery in the main price, others add it. Some clean fringe as part of the price. Others will add a charge for lineal ft of fringe. Average charge about $4 per foot. With-add ons like odor control, urine decontamination, protector, selling pad and so forth, an average ticket should be about $7 per sq. ft. for natural fibers.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Never heard of that from a rug cleaner.
we have a very old company here that was just bought out that charged extra for fringes. I saw their pricelist once and although I can't remember their prices, they charged differently for synthetic rugs, wool rugs and rugs with fringes. I charge the same price for all rugs as some synthetics are more difficult than wool rugs.

Reactions: J Scott W

Ron K

"Just clean it with out the fringe cleaning.":stir:

"Just clean the fringe it's the only thing that looks dirty! "It's only #%$^ per foot!:bull:

GTFOOH!

Gets me thinking HTF can you clean a Rug with out removing the urine or Odor?

"Just clean around the odor!"

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Sliding scale on size with differing rates for 5 types - synthetic or dhurries and kilims / machine made wool / hand-made wool / heavy weight rug such as Aubusson or gabbeh / silks
roro

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
"Just clean it with out the fringe cleaning.":stir:

"Just clean the fringe it's the only thing that looks dirty! "It's only #%$^ per foot!:bull:

GTFOOH!

Gets me thinking HTF can you clean a Rug with out removing the urine or Odor?

"Just clean around the odor!"
Hey I got asked to clean around 2 paw prints on a rug from her favourite departed dog..

so I wanded it, she was bit spesh

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
For my company Area Rug Cleaning Company, I created an online calculator that allows the prospective customer to put in measurements of their rug to get a quote. If it has fringes, the calculator bakes in the added cost of $1.50 @ linear foot. Being doing so for over a decade. No problems.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom