how much do you guys charge for area and orientals?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have been getting more and more area and orientals. I have been chrging more for the fringed orientals obviously than for a chaep home depo nylon rug. I do a pretty good job compared to most of my competitors and it is all done in my garage. considering pick and delivery what chould I charge for the differant types?

G

8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0awGTIQwEEc8]

with my crew I am able to average around 9 dollars a sq foot and thousands a day

I will ship a container back to India with dirty rugs and bring back one a container turn around is about 6 weeks

I never have to actually clean them myself

joe harper

Name
joe harper
juniorc82 said:
I have been getting more and more area and orientals. I have been chrging more for the fringed orientals obviously than for a chaep home depo nylon rug. I do a pretty good job compared to most of my competitors and it is all done in my garage. considering pick and delivery what chould I charge for the differant types?

Synthetics..........$.75 to $1.50 sf............No fringes..with on-site cleaning...
Natural Fibers.....$1.50 to $2.00 sf..........No fringes..with on-site cleaning...

All In-House cleaning of rugs..$3.00 to $5.00 includes...P&D....and Fringes..."Urine per-quote"

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
0.75-3.50 a foot, depending on type/size etc.. with every other free if brought to us. Anyone who wants a copy of our price list can email me directly at kensnow@originalhagopian.com (do not pm me or request in this thread here). Please put in subject line rug cleaning price list so I'll know to open the email.

Ken

G

either you have a cheap labor force or you ship them to your plant in Egypt to make money at those prices

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Kens price list is gold for a beginner into this. I would suggest taking it changing it to suit you and lamenating it. There are great upsells and other things

I suggest you ask him on this thread for it or just PM him

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
We charge $4.00 per square foot for all oriental and area rugs - natural, synthetic, woven, tufted.

We charge $4.50 - $5 for silk, fake silk (rayon), heavy shag, and American Indian weavings.

All are a wet wash - in our plant. The fringe is included in the length measurement, so it's figured in the square foot price. We charge extra for long braided fringe - a repair cost per linear foot of $10 - to untie, wash, dry, and retie.

Pickup and deliver fees depend on what part of the county and if one or two men are needed. We do not move furniture.

About 15% of the rugs coming in are synthetic or machine made ... we let them know this can be surface cleaned with hot water extraction for much less cost by someone else - but 9 times out of 10 they want the rugs given a really thorough cleaning - so they pay for it. Our labor cost does not go down when they are working on cheap rugs - sometimes it takes MORE time on more cheaply made merchandise because of the cut corners.

Anyway ... that's how we do it. Everyone is different.

the rug chick,
Lisa :)

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Sanjay Singh said:
t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0awGTIQwEEct]

with my crew I am able to average around 9 dollars a sq foot and thousands a day

I will ship a container back to India with dirty rugs and bring back one a container turn around is about 6 weeks

I never have to actually clean them myself

that looks like sweat shop labor right there.

G

no one said cleaning was easy but those workers get breakfast and lunch 5 days a week 1 week paid holiday and all Hindu and Sikh holidays paid days off.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We start at $2.50 for full imersion washing and go up from there. We will surface clean synthetics upon request for $2.00/sqft.

We are the only place in town cleaning rugs in town utitlizing full wash. The only other person who advertizes full wash sends them away (pearsian dealer) and he likes to advertize the "lanolnin bs washing." Its fun when I get to educate customers otherwise! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom