How much do you guys make per hour?

Papa

I know some of you guys charge per room and some of you guys charge per square foot. The real question is what you gross per hour? I would like Mikey to put up a survey to ask both what a one man and a two man crew are making. Thanks.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's not per hour you should worry about. It's yearly....or go overboard and say lifetime.

I have made $1000.00 per hour before but if you don't do it for 8 hours a day 7 days a week for a year...who cares?

Yearly is the start over to your new goal...I have monthly goals as well and that trickles down a bit but really all I have to do is 30 grand in one day and my month is pretty good. :wink: :lol:

You get the picture.

Hourly rates are for the people you pay, not for the people paying you.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Brian that was a little harsh dontcha think? There are lots of ways to analyse and none necc bad as long as its being done. At higher levels in a larger company those things don't really matter so much as week over week, or month over month performance but for an owner op anything you can do to analyse is good~ just don't do it to brag, do it to improve.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Papa said:
I know some of you guys charge per room and some of you guys charge per square foot. The real question is what you gross per hour? I would like Mikey to put up a survey to ask both what a one man and a two man crew are making. Thanks.

I try and make $100.00 per hour. Usually I make more but sometimes I make a little less. But I try and use that as a minimum bench mark. I'm a one Man show most of the time with one Van.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Brian that was a little harsh dontcha think? There are lots of ways to analyse and none necc bad as long as its being done. At higher levels in a larger company those things don't really matter so much as week over week, or month over month performance but for an owner op anything you can do to analyse is good~ just don't do it to brag, do it to improve.

Yea probably a little.
Just trying to look at the big picture

Name
Evets
My room rates are based on my sqft rates which are based on my hourly production goal.
Which is $100-$150 an hour.
Less than $100 per hour means I goofed up somewhere.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We target $160.00 an hour gross (production time), 2-man crew.

We don't always hit the target but at least that's our goal, it's easily attainable, however there are many variables that can slow you down and hurt your productivity and job costing.

Lots of furnishings, extended setup time, travel, heavy soiling are all obstacles that eat away at your margin.

In general we will see those numbers come up on large commercial work, despite charging a lower per sq/ft rate than residential.

diamond brian

When I'm working alone, about $100/hr.

Naturally, the two-man crew earns more per hour because they can do the work faster. Probably closer to $115-$120.

It costs me $250 per day in wages, taxes, workers comp, etc, to run a two-man crew. Additional variable costs related to each two-man crew are add'l insurance, add'l gasoline, add'l chems, add'l repairs, etc.

So, give or take, it runs me about $300/day in variable expense to have a two-man crew, versus $175 for one tech.

Since we're never booked out more than 2 or 3 days, the single-tech truck makes more sense for us.

klewis4

2-Man Avg is 140.00/hr (I use a helper 3 days a week)
1-Man Avg is 100.00/hr (I work alone 2 days a week)

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just started tracking this again. Right now I'm at $130/ Hr by myself, and with an assistant (untrained) $175/Hr. A couple years ago when I had the same assistant for a while we would see $200-$225 all day long.

woodsey

In my area I can average 120 hr from the time I pull up to the job to the time I pull away and I work by myself. I do not count "talk time" , only production. Any more I dont concern myself with trying to increase the hourly rate. I am concentrating on getting more hours to bill.

JCoviello

Average gross is about $125 per hour. Again, *average*. Sometimes we do better sometimes a little less.

That does not include drive etc, that is "on the job" time. I.E. a 10 hour day on the road ='s about 7 hours cleaning time and $850ish in the pot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom