How much do you have out in Accounts Receivable right now?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Sounds good in theory, but hard to do. My AR usually is equal to 10 to 15 days production. If one goes 60 days it's rare...but more lately than ever.

I hate asking for my money.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
$27,971.82 I could really use that right now too. Some are from the end of 2008.

So far this year I have written off an additional $9,954.78 in bad debt. I write them off after about 4 years.

People used to pay their bills, but by mid 2008...things went south.

A few major manufacturers went under and left us with large balances due, it hurts when you're a tiny company.

Take care,
Lisa

Chris A

Name
Chris
usually 5k or so at any given time. The most was 21, for a short period when we did nothing but commercial. That sucked! Residential is strictly cod.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
zero...zip...and in 9 years I have only been burned for some where around $350..............

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Residential is COD.....commercial net 15 or 30. Had 46k out 4 weeks ago because of apartment turns. That's down to only a little under 3 now.

30ish of that was carpet, the other was for the jani cleaning of apartments its billed separately. I also track it separately as well.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How far out are the oldest and how long until you write one off?

Take care,
Lisa
That's about average for us, in peak it can be as much as $300,000.00.

Lisa we do all we can to collect from them. Billed every 30-days called after 60-days and by 90-days we are calling letting them know it will go to collections. Once there we lose 40% but 60% of something is better than 100% of nothing. They do collect most of the big ones but small I don't think they put the effort into it like the big ones. I got 3-thousand off a year old sewage $5000.00 loss last week.

I hate sending them to collections but those that end up there do so on there own right We give an estimate ahead of time and we will work with them on payments. We just always end up with 6-12 knuckleheads that think they can get something for nothing.

I usually wait until year end and write off those not collected and if they do collect we add them back in as new sales fot the current year.

steve_64

wow no wonder you guys laugh at me lol.

im usually out a grand or two and usually less than a month out. ill invoice residential on occasion. havent been burned yet in almost 6 years.

the more i visit here the more motivated i get to really make something of this.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Those are expected numbers from bigger ops and from wdr companies.

For small companies that are pretty much carpet cleaning only and only have 1-3 employees I don't think you can go to 100s of thousands AR.

At this moment I'm about 8grand out. My problem is lagging on billing and being too trusting and accepting all the sob stories.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Around $8,000 for me, usually around 4 to 5 g's every month till winter..:madd:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Only stiffed once but usually between 6-10 grand in revolving debt

F

FB7777

Excluding my Janitorial accounts which typically runs between 8-10K, my Accounts Receivable for residential and commercial carpet cleaning runs 10-14 Grand

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ALL my jobs were COC.....
even my big commercials.....

before i bid the job
i would explain to them
that if they want THIS price
if would be COC (check on compilation)

do you have a problem wit dat?

Latest posts