How Much Do You Need To Retire?

steve r

i pay $200 a week in child support until october. i had a couple owi's and all the fines and crap and lawyers probably over $20,000 the last couple years. now i have no license and pay an employeee to drive the van lol.

went through the divorce or was finalized 2 years ago gave her everything but the business.

funny thing is, im happier than ive ever been and i dont drink anymore lol.

anyway, retirement is becoming a thing of the past for most and i never figured to live that long anyway. if i do retire it will be on an island maybe in the phillipines (i hear you can live like a king on $700 a month) and have young girls in bikinis bring me drinks on the beach all day.

but ill probably die on the wand. who cares!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I receive a GM pension after 31 years of ass-embly line work. Everyone thinks GM REGULAR LINE WORKERS are a lazy bunch, but in a fast production plant, there is very little down time, and you work the whole 8-10-12 hours you are on the line.( I was a little more ambitious than most, and ended up with a line repair job, coordinator job, then material delivery) Of course, there are better jobs than others, and there are the skilled trades. GM banked on the retirees not living more than 3 years or so after retireing, but there are plenty of us still around.

I could live on the pension alone, and lost alot of my retirement savings when GM stock went down in 08-09. But I will continue to clean ......at MY pace and chosing.....till I can't pick up a wand anymore.

I think anything over a million would be comfortable.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
So, That's the benchmark (100,000.00 NET/YR and 1,000,000.00 to Retire)?

If, I don’t make it, I’ll have to die trying :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
ACE said:
So, That's the benchmark (100,000.00 NET/YR and 1,000,000.00 to Retire)?

If, I don’t make it, I’ll have to die trying :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually i was thinking 5%...

steve r

ACE said:
I get a cold chill when I see a old BD/OO pushing a wand.
its actually been good for my health to get out of the machine shop and work my ass off. ive lost 40 lbs and am in the best shape of my life at 48. and i like what i do and my customers.

i dont mind being a bd/oo. theres always more money to be made.

Name
Ezra Clark
To retire I would like to own outright 12 rental units. And maybe a laundrymat or 2. Keep me in some cash and would always have a little something to work on. LIKE!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom