how much do you set aside for maintenance

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Lately I have been getting my ass kicked by vehicles and machines going down . What is a good formula to follow for setting cash aside for maitenance?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Depends on how much, how big, how often, how hard on (he said hard on), how many

Every situation is different.

I would keep up on the maintenance and not wait till something breaks...but you already knew that.

If you can keep your expenses low to begin with...your maintenance should be low as well.

IE $100,000 TM will cost more in maintenance than a $15,000 TM.....of course there are exceptions to that rule...but a rule nonetheless.

Name
Jesse
As much as you can....Then buy the most simple things you can get.

I've been pummeled by repairs over the last year. If I would have known how much I was going to spend on repairs I could have sold things, bought new, and been cleaning instead of problem solving everyday.

TimP

It seems I'm having to replace crap here and there. But not more than 1-200 a month for the most part it seems.....yet.

I just had to buy a freaking flojet pump....$150. :evil:

Today I had a hose fail on me.....rusted through the steel braid at the quick connect. Luckily the bend restrictor was over it so it didn't throw rubber. So I'm actually going to have to buy some new hoses it seems.....

I've had to replace a pressure gauge, a dwyer, some fittings here and there. Drive belt for my blower went out about a year ago....

Of course with maintenance for the machine oil and grease don't cost too much....

I wouldn't know how to budget for it though. You can't predict what will and when it will go out.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No broken hoses here.....ever

triclflow.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I had two transmissions go out in one week, got one fixed and the enigine blew up 2 days later... about 6 grand worth of repairs....... I had to borrow it from my grandma LOL.. I have 3 grand in savings set aside for repairs from now on!! that scared the crap outta me.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steve in Omaha said:
[quote="bob vawter":29yws78u]No broken hoses here.....ever

triclflow.jpg

nice hose bob, for for Gawd sakes,,,it's a Steam Genie PTO. Never ever had a hose failure all the years I had mine.[/quote:29yws78u]
Ya i know...im a LITTLE aNAl on things like that....but
it's BETTER than running 5/8 heater hose!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
BOB,
ive seen that hose in fuel applications what else can it be used for.i like it cause it's shiny and hi-tech

gene

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
GeneMiller said:
BOB,
ive seen that hose in fuel applications what else can it be used for.i like it cause it's shiny and hi-tech

gene
I plumb my whole Genie wit 'em......a one foot length wit both fittings is about $45.00

newgenie1.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
LOL i just read 4 different threads and all of them have bobs genie pics in them and the threads arnt even related... LOL Your gonna force us to buy those arnt you? they look better everytime i see them

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
joeynbgky said:
LOL i just read 4 different threads and all of them have bobs genie pics in them and the threads arnt even related... LOL Your gonna force us to buy those arnt you? they look better everytime i see them
I only got TWO left.....when those are gone...no more!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Bawb, you going to mentor someone to take over the SG reins? Pass on all yor wisdom an' such?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom