How much does it cost you...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
How much does it cost you to make sure a chimp takes home Nine bucks and some change per hour?

We pay aprox $42.00/hour to make sure a chimp takes home nine and some change.

Work Comp, Unemployment, payroll taxes, pilfering taxes, random unexplained government thievery, and of course the "This used to be a free country but you are now our slave and we'll take what we want" Tax.

300% of what your employees live on gets given to the government in some way or another, and we live in a free country. Who said this was OK? Who says this is right? How come we haven't taken to the streets? Why aren't we throwing DaeWoos into the fricken harbor? We need another boston tea party.

What has happened? What is wrong with people? Why is this allowed?

We are slaves and will be until the day we die. We must serve the master government.

All I want is a small house, a dependable car and a beautiful family. I don't want big expensive things. I just want the basics to live a comfortable life.

How come a roofer used to be able to buy a brand new house in a new subdivision? How come gas station attendants used to be able to buy a new car every three years with CASH? How come people work harder than ever and there is NO WEALTH and NO REAL OWNERSHIP of ANY PROPERTY?

How come my parents and grandparents and great grandparents were so happy and complacent as to sell all my freedom, and give away my country to communist rats and now the only thing that concerns them is if they get their last bit of social security and some free medical?

ARGH!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I figured it would be worse in other areas.

I'm just kinda pissed because this is a jump of at least 6 dollars an hour from last year with absolutely no change in what chimps make.

A friend of mine works for an electrician firm. His boss brought him into the office and tried to give him a raise. He respectfully told him to keep it. He explained to him that for 25% of the cost of the raise he could just provide him with lunch, which would in effect be twice as good as the raise.

Now he gets free lunch and has a little more pocket change than if he bought his lunch after the government took their bite.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I pay 21.00 for my $14.50 guys. They take home like $10.50

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have a really hard time why anyone would have/want a chimp working for them?? i get really pissed off if my guys dont put in 110% on everything..especially customer impressions of them..call them a chimp and your customers will see a chimp..call them a tech or a apprentice and your customers trust/respect level go's way up with them.. i pay my guys pretty well but they also get lots of perks.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I am the manager of the company. If I could afford to hire somebody I wouldn't have to clean. If cleaning makes me a chimp then yes, I am a chimp.

To make sure somebody takes home nine bucks, it costs us forty two.

I believe the break down is that somewheres between 33 and 36 total for just wages and taxes on wages and work comp and the extra is for private insurance and other employment related costs.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My duties include but are not limited to:

Marketing
Copy Writing
Policy Writing
Hiring
Training
Firing
Managing labor and hours
Answering Calls
Scheduling and Booking appointments
Performing inspections
Emergency on call
Customer relations
Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance
Inventory
Ordering
Billing
Collecting

I can do all these things freely and unhindered as long as the owner understands why I am performing the duties of my job in the manner that I do. If for some reason he doesn't understand why I am doing something the way that I am doing it, he will interfere, tell me to do something different and completely take all of the momentum out of what I am doing to try and make us both more money.

It's my fault entirely. I need to set up a once weekly meeting with him where I can explain the current direction of the company and why I need certain funding in X area of the company and not Y area of the company. If I would grow up and have a little business sense maybe I could make us both rich.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
OH!

Don't forget, Montana doesn't have sales tax so they need to rape the small businesses to make up for it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
In my opinion, the reason we are in the condition we are in, with the lack of traditional values and the demise of the free enterprise system, is because all of us vote for the incumbents. Every time! If people would just vote for the challengers in local, state and federal elections, every time, for a period of time, we'd have some real change in our country.

It doesn't even take a whole first term to corrupt people in government.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
B&BGaryC said:
My duties include but are not limited to:

Marketing
Copy Writing
Policy Writing
Hiring
Training
Firing
Managing labor and hours
Answering Calls
Scheduling and Booking appointments
Performing inspections
Emergency on call
Customer relations
Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance
Inventory
Ordering
Billing
Collecting

I can do all these things freely and unhindered as long as the owner understands why I am performing the duties of my job in the manner that I do. If for some reason he doesn't understand why I am doing something the way that I am doing it, he will interfere, tell me to do something different and completely take all of the momentum out of what I am doing to try and make us both more money.

It's my fault entirely. I need to set up a once weekly meeting with him where I can explain the current direction of the company and why I need certain funding in X area of the company and not Y area of the company. If I would grow up and have a little business sense maybe I could make us both rich.

so why are you not in business for yourself?
if i was capable of doing all that work and making the company money why not make it for yourself?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
It took me a while to hit our break even point. I am building a non-existent division.

If it weren't for the disaster restoration side of our business I would starve every winter.

I didn't say I was proficient in all of those areas or that I had everything on lock-down. I just said those were my responsibilities.

That aside, if I can build the company to what it should be I will have more money than I need, without the responsibility of ownership. And it has been agreed that once there is enough money to fight over flowing through my division, he will pay the lawyer of my choosing to draw up an employment contract that provides I don't get taken advantage of.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would draw that contract up now, now just wait for a future time to hopefully have him stand by his err err word

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I understand what you're saying Greg, but a contract at this point would be virtually pointless. I don't plan on waiting until I have built this into a empire before I get the contract built up. Once I get enough business to hire a part time carpet cleaner or enough business to increase my income to 50 k a year then it will be time to draw a contract... maybe sooner. At this point it would be just plain silly. I cannot even support myself on full commission during the slow season now. I still draw protection salary over winter and through the first of the year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom