How much for 2 bed apt?

Name
Brad Gouveia
I charge $95 for a 2 bed apt. Some may think that is low, but it works for me when I get them, but it seems lately everyone that call about a 2 bed apt think that is high?.

What do you charge?

One lady the other day offer me $75 to do it and I told her I can easily fill that spot with a $150 or larger job and would have to pass.

I don't get too many apt anymore. I few years ago I used to charge $85.

Thanks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If the occupant is paying it's $100 at least....and I charge more for higher floors.

If the property mgr is paying...I'm not doing it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: How much for 2 bed apt?

Clean Response said:
I charge $95 for a 2 bed apt. Some may think that is low, but it works for me when I get them, but it seems lately everyone that call about a 2 bed apt think that is high?.

What do you charge?

One lady the other day offer me $75 to do it and I told her I can easily fill that spot with a $150 or larger job and would have to pass.

I don't get too many apt anymore. I few years ago I used to charge $85.

Thanks
Depends on what else there is to clean. 2 BR only is 59.99 if it is 2 BR, LR, DR & hall it is $111.99

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: How much for 2 bed apt?

Brian R said:
If the occupant is paying it's $100 at least....and I charge more for higher floors.

If the property mgr is paying...I'm not doing it.
Why would you charge more for higher floors to clean with a rag? Only a few seconds diff taking an elevator up 2 floors or 20.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Elevator is one thing....3 flights of stairs is another.

I charge for work...and that sounds like work to me. lol

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
about $120 usually. you have a dining/living combo 2 bed rooms and a hall

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I get $85 here. Some do it for $40. I only do them for one property manager. The other ones I won't work for here.

John Buxton

I just got replaced at a complex cause $75 was too much, they will only pay $55 for a 2 bedroom, and they allow pets. That works out to .07 a sf.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
John Buxton said:
I just got replaced at a complex cause $75 was too much, they will only pay $55 for a 2 bedroom, and they allow pets. That works out to .07 a sf.

Why do they care about price. Doesn't it come of of the deposit?

Charge all you want. The tenant pays it anyway.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
joeynbgky said:
Some have it aet up where it comes out of deposit some dont

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

If they don't they need to be re-educated.

Carpet cleaning should not cost the manangement company a dime.

If you can show them how to get it for free, Win.Win.

If they haven't figure out that the tenent pays to restore the apt to move-in condition yet.

The mananger is doing a piss poor job and is just a rent collector. Not a property mananger.

Raise the deposit and re-write the rental agreement.

Jamesh921

Name
James

The apt mgr scumbags DO charge the tenant, but if they can keep from going over their set budget for the month, they get a bonus. The bonuses go to mngmt all the way down to the maintenance guys. One maintenance guy told me his average bonus is about $300 per month, but has gotten up to $500.

So, mgmnt charges the tenant $125 buck or so, gives the carpet cleaners less than half, and puts the rest toward the budget, which ends up as bonuses in their pocket.

THAT is why apt mgrs try to low-ball every cleaner in town and can never be expected to be loyal to you.

I suppose there are exceptions if you're dealing with privately owned complexes, but the corporate complexes, which most are, will eat you out of every dollar they can.

2 bdrm apts in OKC go for $45. Out in the smaller towns, you might get $55-$65.

In Norman, OK (college town) you get $35 bucks - that's it.

The only plus is that you can upcharge for add-ons, BUT you're only gonna get about 40% of what you would normally charge your resy's.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jamesh921 said:

The apt mgr scumbags DO charge the tenant, but if they can keep from going over their set budget for the month, they get a bonus. The bonuses go to mngmt all the way down to the maintenance guys. One maintenance guy told me his average bonus is about $300 per month, but has gotten up to $500.

So, mgmnt charges the tenant $125 buck or so, gives the carpet cleaners less than half, and puts the rest toward the budget, which ends up as bonuses in their pocket.

THAT is why apt mgrs try to low-ball every cleaner in town and can never be expected to be loyal to you.

I suppose there are exceptions if you're dealing with privately owned complexes, but the corporate complexes, which most are, will eat you out of every dollar they can.

2 bdrm apts in OKC go for $45. Out in the smaller towns, you might get $55-$65.

In Norman, OK (college town) you get $35 bucks - that's it.

The only plus is that you can upcharge for add-ons, BUT you're only gonna get about 40% of what you would normally charge your resy's.

The tenant should be getting an itemized list of all charges, including invoice for contracted services.(most of the properties I clean for give the tennent a copy of my invoice)

What you are describing is extremely illegal.

Um mm.. class action lawsuit!!

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
My wife is a property manager for a 900 unit apartment complex for a huge company and if a tentant has good credit there is never a deposit just a 99 dollar application fee. When a resident moves out of an apartment it cost between 2000 and 3000 dollars to get it ready for the next tenant and that is if there is no real damage to the unit and when there is a deposit the money is long gone before the carpet gets cleaned. I average 62.00 per unit this year on the empty apartment units and we do about 100 to 125 a week. In my area there are companies offering to do the empty units for 25.00 a unit so it is dog eat dog in this area of my business.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dmreed4311 said:
I average 62.00 per unit this year on the empty apartment units and we do about 100 to 125 a week. In my area there are companies offering to do the empty units for 25.00 a unit so it is dog eat dog in this area of my business.

So, looks like a cleaner can do 100 apartments or 15-20 regular jobs.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would take 100-125 apartmnts a week every week of the year for that pric n just dedicate crew to it. It would probably be the most profitable crew as well. It doesn't have to bean either or Dave. At the low end of his quantity that is $322,400 annually.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I work for a fairly large property management company in my area. All tenants are made to have all the carpets cleaned and the tenant pays and I clean them all per the management company. If the tenants do not have them done, I go in after all other work is done and clean the tenants and it is taken out of the deposit.
They even pay full price for the cleanings and pay every week.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Dmreed4311 said:
My wife is a property manager for a 900 unit apartment complex for a huge company and if a tentant has good credit there is never a deposit just a 99 dollar application fee. When a resident moves out of an apartment it cost between 2000 and 3000 dollars to get it ready for the next tenant and that is if there is no real damage to the unit and when there is a deposit the money is long gone before the carpet gets cleaned. I average 62.00 per unit this year on the empty apartment units and we do about 100 to 125 a week. In my area there are companies offering to do the empty units for 25.00 a unit so it is dog eat dog in this area of my business.

NOw wait, are you doing $100-125/week or 100-125 suites a week??
there's only 900 suites, thats a high turnover. they can't get that dirty at that pace

if suites, thats 16 per day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom