How much for a full page in your YP?

Spurling

Double full process color pages with a small tile-n-grout ad cost $4500 a month .. gets attention .. wont do it again .. although its too soon to tell how effective it is.. Ill probably do a half page next year .. top or bottom.

Name
R.J. Povio
I think in our area full page ads range from 1500-2000 a month. I agree with what people said about the bigger ads for better exposure, particularly in the carpet cleaning section. Air duct and resto work sections would require a smaller ad due to less competition.

We have never run a full page ad. However in the yellow pages we run listings in bold type under specific towns and or counties. The people looking for someone local go right for those ads. Those ads are just the name of the company and a the phone number. Those have worked with decent success for us. Plus it helps on fuel costs and to target market to certain income levels.

We run ads in individual flyer's that are mailed separately by a company around here (you know your ad on one side and the missing child one on the other). Sometimes it might have another company of no relation to what you do on the other side, but most likely just your ad. We have done ads in Val-Pak....with not nearly as much success. Val-Pak seems to have 20-30 small flyer's in one envelope and in there seems to always be 2-3 other carpet cleaners in the one envelope. So before the ad arrives your ad is already up against the competition, especially on PRICE.

juve20

We only ever took out one yellowpages advert the first year, and what a complete waste of money that was! Only got 80 jobs out of it. Many many price shoppers, and we usually convert 80% - 90%

For a full page ad it cost £10,500 a year. That's with two colors.

Tony

Tom Servo

I just got my first call from my full page add.

It was from a guy from the other phone book trying to get to advertise in their phone book.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
And you won't find Mickey D in the yellow pages!!

Why advertise with your competitors?

I have found it's better to market to thousands of clients where you are the only cleaner.

Those paying 3-8 grand a month to the YPs are likely to have gross 6-16 grand a month just to go in the pocket of their advertising rep.

The Yps company can easily make more money from your effort that you make and they don't have to do the hard work.

G

Dave Yoakum said:
And you won't find Mickey D in the yellow pages!!

YEah they just sponsor the Olympic teams and are on TV and radio and great big lighted signs.

Are you selLing soMEthing, and whAt exactly? Is there a mOney Back GUArANTEE? Do you LIke mOvies about gLadiATors?

G

Little Rabbit said:
Are you selLing soMEthing, and whAt exactly? Is there a mOney Back GUArANTEE? Do you LIke mOvies about gLadiATors?

well, are YOU?

diamond brian

Little Rabbit said:
[quote="diamond brian":3i1t3556]I'm running one full-page ad this year. . Same circulation as the AT&T YP, but a third of the price.
[/quote:3i1t3556]

BUT do people use it?

Probably not. Trying to wean myself off YP, but got jittery and jumped into this one when things got slow.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
We pay $200/mo to run small ads in 3 books. Still gets me a bunch of price shoppers. I do like making it easy for people to look us up in case they don't catch the number on our advertising or a friend mentions in passing that we did a good job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom