How much formal edjumication do you have?

So how much formal edjumication do you have?

• Total voters

Bob Foster

It doesn't matter if you used to be an astrophysicist. Even if your formal education is not related to what you do now we want to know what you have for book learnin...

So how much formal edjumication do you have?
dunce.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Down here we call it graduate school Bob.

MBA Suffolk University Sawyer School of Management

TimP

2 year degree....was gonna go back and finish I actually attended Florida State a short time.....it had been too long and decided that I'd do better to do carpet cleaning than finish school out since I was doing both at the same time. If I ever get hurt and I'm young enough I may go back and get an easy degree instead of the one I was wanting to do. My wife will be done with her 4 yr degree next month her grad date is Dec 14th.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I've got a High School Equivalency. It is considered (legally) as identical to a High School diploma except for military service.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Lee Stockwell
BS Electrical Engineering Murray State.

Learned that I hate electronics, but loved everything else.

I think most cleaners could use at least one semester of physics, chemistry,....and English.

Thanks,
Lee

rhyde

Name
rhyde
truckmount girl said:
I've got a High School Equivalency. It is considered (legally) as identical to a High School diploma except for military service.

so in other wards it's not the same.

Wow,

42% of the people here have 1-4 Yr college degrees… I can understand someone with one of those 1-2 year Apollo college degrees in dental hygiene but 29% have 4yr degrees I expect this with the larger companies/ franchise anyone O/O with a 4yr degree…?

F

FB7777

BS in Marketing

best course I took was Statistics...

Amortization charts and compounding interest were worth the cost of tuition

TimP

1 semester of physics in college....1 semester of chemistry.....many semesters of math finished through calculus 2 since I wanted to major in math. 2 semesters of english.....finished all english clases required. And all the other general crap.

I guess it kinda does help however it's been almost 10 yrs since I finished .....(forgot every bit of it so I'm not sure that it helps much)

M

Mark Imbesi

Lee Stockwell said:
BS Electrical Engineering Murray State.

Learned that I hate electronics, but loved everything else.

I think most cleaners could use at least one semester of physics, chemistry,....and English.

Thanks,
Lee

OMG, Lee!!! How many CEC classes have you had to take to keep that up??? LOL!!!

I didnt last my 1st semester of college.

Walt

Second year college drop out - I had no idea what I wanted to do.

Art and music classes. Also, chemistry, English lit, Anthropology,Political Science.

Name
Jesse
I moved to Hawaii in 9th grade, dropped out in 10th. There schools were way behind the mainland. Several of my teachers told me that if I didn't take school seriously I'd end up a Janitor, go figure.

I was raised to think I didn't need an education. My rich grandparents provide for and control everyone else in my family. Work for them and you'll always "get by" comfortably is our family motto. I don't get the handouts my "smarter" family members get, but I can do whatever I want without generated consequences.

John Watson

Left home at 14, Me and a 2x4 settled score with stepdad using his size 12's on me, Tried to finish High school, went on most Fridays (test days) Had a B average, Didn't know you had to spend x amount of days or they couldn't promote you to the next grade regardless your grade avg.. Opps. After hit and miss couple of more years, Hard supporting ones self making up to $100 a day at times, Who need s school. 1968 Went to New Orleans, LA to start anew,(Had a Sister that married a Cajun) They asked what grade I would be in and I said I spent the last 4 in the 10th so I figure the 11th, Ok, after a month, they still had not recieved my records from Alaska, Princaple called me in with counslor, All my work was way above thier standards so they were moving me into all grade 12 classes. A few days later I got called back in to the office. Got my records, Have to demote me back to 10th grade, I walked out the door without stopping at my locker. Then went to jail for peeling out in a school zone. Took thier preliminary Ged classes Passed with a 2 year colilegic average. Had to be 21 at that time to take GED test I found out later. I was refused a job that I was more than qualified for, They were going to wave not college grad because of all my maritime experience and Coast Guard certifcations. They just couldn't wave no High School or GED, Got my GED in 1988 but job was already filled. Harbor Master in the San Jaun Island towns. Hell I could have retired this year..

Chris A

Name
Chris
Finished 1 year At Kent, probably will go back when this business is under control

Jay D

Name
Jay D
1.75 years of college. I never excelled in english so I quit. Married my wife and she finished her 4 year degree while being pregnant with our now 18 year old daughter. My wife is working towards a masters degree to teach school. I just want to build the biz to 2 trucks and go to SFS to learn to run it MO better.

CapeCleaner

MBA - Northeastern University in Boston

John Watson - I retired from the Coast Guard during which time I was stationed in Astoria, OR and spent a bit of time in the San Juans. Absolutely beautiful area! I once had a wild night in Friday Harbor that involved more than a few drinks, a girl, and getting back to the ship as it was about to leave. I remember those days fondly!

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
High school grad. plus 1 year of partying my @$$ off in college!! Looking back on it though, wished I would have got a college degree.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
BS in Physics and a Minor in Mathmatics.. I've seen and tried more math and physics problems than most people do in a lifetime. Kinda of depressing when it takes you 24 hours to work through 8 little paragraphs of words. 16 pages of calculations later and I still didn't get the right answer???!!! Ohh the proffessor said I needed to drink a few more beers so I could grasp phase space a little better. Easier to think in four dimensions when the room starts spinning. I got your physics, chemistry and math course and I'll raise ya a few.. Quantum dynamics I and II, and Nonlinear dynamics, mathematical physics, differential equations, I and II, Thermal Dynamics... This was my Senior Year.. Throw in a some research on Vacuum Tubes and metastable helium Atoms, some work with the Physics Club as President and rebuilding our Trebuchet to handle up to 2000 lbs plus of counter weight to throw pumpkins over a 1000 feet and promote physics on the road...

Dang I'm glad I install and clean carpets now. The world may be getting sucked into a black hole but sometimes ignorance is bliss!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
High School and I stumbled through another 2-years of college, have a few credits but also failed a few classes. :mrgreen:

Doubtful I'll ever go back, I'm waiting for the bootup program from the Matrix.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Finished high school. Lots of assorted training classes both inside and outside our industry.

Scott Warrington

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Have my diploma but I dropped out of school and ran off with a carnival with less than 2 weeks of school.

Had some things going on and couldnt handle hanging around the house so I split. The school sent me my diploma about a year later.

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
Well I made it all the way to the top, Phd in electrical engineering, MSc and BSc in physics. I realized I had four boys and decided I wanted to work with them, so I decided to start washing carpets. Now my sons and I wash carpets, ceramic, windows, VCT pretty much anything for for a dollar. This site has been particularly helpful. If possible, I plan on being at Mikey fest. I already have the OK from my boss (the wife), now I just have to find the money. PS it was my sons idea to call the company Dr. Vapeur, after all I am a real doctor.
Richard Gagne

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Dr. Vapeur said:
Well I made it all the way to the top, Phd in electrical engineering, MSc and BSc in physics. I realized I had four boys and decided I wanted to work with them, so I decided to start washing carpets. Now my sons and I wash carpets, ceramic, windows, VCT pretty much anything for for a dollar. This site has been particularly helpful. If possible, I plan on being at Mikey fest. I already have the OK from my boss (the wife), now I just have to find the money. PS it was my sons idea to call the company Dr. Vapeur, after all I am a real doctor.
Richard Gagne

Well I hope at this point you are making good money with the floor work.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Dr. Vapeur said:
Richard Gagne

I'm glad I stopped when I did.. Sheesh.. now here is a guy who has seen 10X the number of word problems the average human will see in a lifetime.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
More Credits than a Masters Degree. Was a teacher for 24 years and been involved with the family business since I was 10 years old. My father was also a teacher and cleaner. I am on a 5 year leave from teaching and contributing to my retirement account. I was a High School Band Director leading a National Competing Marching Band, Concert Bands, Jazz program and pep bands like crazy. Decided it was time to quit "giving up my time" for free and start getting paid for it. With all the school cuts, I was tired of hearing "we have to cut your budget some more, but we know as talented as you are, you will still do a great job". I don't miss the teaching, but there are times I miss the kids....and then not...

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom