How much marketing does it take?

Fred Homan

How about just word of mouth.....An Airpath....Speed drying. The two most common questions, How much and how long does it take to dry? I just got the new roto-molded Airpath yesterday and used it on a job today. Awesome! It was dry when I left. That thing moves some air! Commercial berber loop. It might take longer this way though. They like it when it dries quick. NOT 2-3 days like some HACKS! :shock:

Fred

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we just getting started will let everyone know what it takes.
classified service directory is starting to work after 3 months in there.8 to 1
newspaper 100 bucks a month
Have 10000 direct mailers goin out next 4 months we will see
Internet 1000 month of work off of this -amazing
Newspaper still playing around with this 2 to1 so far not so good but hopeful
referals starting to roll in
And yes we do truely amazing work
Even though i can'nt spell worth a ---t
ITS been fun so far but pretty hard work for a 47 yr old
This board has been a great help
RAndy

Name
I'm Rick James
I'm no pro.

I would do a small YP ad, mostly phone number and logo. You can do good with valpak if you have a good ad. Face to face and referrals would be the best way to go if you have little to no budget. Make a good impressiona and just sell yourself wherever you go. Future customers are around everywhere you go. You can have maintainence programs that you can sign your customers up to or call them if its been 6-12 months since last cleaning.

I think in this business you get out of it what you put into it, you just have to find what motivates YOU. Is it money, fame, ego, better life for family ect.

What I am planning:
Word of mouth
family and friends
referral (very important)
Cleaning program
keep in touch with previous clients
face to face commercial and who else that has a pulse
small postcard mailing
1-2 areas of valpak
Thinking of sending out good looking guy or girl to do door to door solicitation
green blogs
get a artical written on me if possible in the paper
NOT craigslist

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I think Mr. Brevick is asking this question sarcastically and I see what he means. I see guys with 2 truck operations that keep on advertising with full page ads. My question is aren't these guys getting enough repeats and referrals to keep the schedule full by now?

I am just starting my fifth year and with the 2 or 3 new customers I get a week from my website and repeats and referrals I have more than I can do.

Why do guys who have been at it for 10 years or longer keep pouring money into ads unless they are trying to go multi truck?

Mikey P

Administrator
We had a 1.5 truck show here a few years back that had an ad in the local paper every day, 2 full pages in the YP, the back of the local transit bus wrapped, a few bus benches and a TV commercial that ran every night.

Oh and a full page ad in the news paper once a month.

He snorted himself out of biz in about 3 years time.

He should have just listened to Ramrod and gone MarketetinG every Wednesday instead of working.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brent said:
Face to face and referrals would be the best way to go if you have little to no budget. Make a good impressiona and just sell yourself wherever you go. Future customers are around everywhere you go.

I think in this business you get out of it what you put into it, you just have to find what motivates YOU.

good stuff, Brent
right on the money

..L.T.A.

G

If Stanly or anybody who has been advertising for 30years or so did a decent job all the time, you would think they could have quit advertising 20 years ago imo.

Kevin

Name
I'm Rick James
Kevin look at Coke and Pepsi, they are huge, but are one of the biggest advertiser in the world. There are always new clients to get and you have to keep your name in front of peoples face or they forget about you.

G

How much marketing does it take?

Well, I am no expert, but I bet dollars to do-nuts that the better the marketing, the less of it is needed.

Back
Top Bottom