How much pee can a 5lb dog make?

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Picked up 10 wool area rugs a few days ago, all salvage clean situations.

Probably the single worst we have seen. The dog has literally used them as it's exclusive commode for the past 5 years.

The tech had to drive home with a half face respirator they were so bad.

We had to put them one by one on skids and flush out the urine from the center out and through the backing with low pressure before we could even think of an immersion clean which was the next step.

It was a windy day so there is a lot of debris from the surrounding trees that ended up in the puddle, but the puddle is just about straight wee wee. Cement was hosed off prior to, theres nothing in there but what came out of the rug and pooled up.

This wasn't even the worst one, but I couldn't stay at the shop to get those pics.

IMAG0648.jpg

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Roughly;

4 hrs to rinse
1 hr for the pit cleaning with cimex
We let them soak for 24 hours each
1 hr to extract them
1.5 hrs to rinse them a second time
2 hrs to clean as we would a low soil wool rug

About 9-10 total.

Under normal circumstances, I'd have not touched these for a penny under $1500 and would have really wanted $1750/1850, but $1200 was all we could get before they were going to toss them - knowing it was a salvage clean, no liability for damage, bleeding, no guarantee on end result, it was worth it.

$1200 was better than zero dinero, plus we knew it was a training session for 2 new guys. They learned how to complete all of our processes on wool area's - and it happened after normal biz hours.

And they turned out freaking amazing - some mild staining left, some bleeding that was pre-existing from the urine, but over all night and day - and, there is just the smallest hint of smell limited to just 2 places on 2 of the rugs. Though these custy's won't smell it in a million years.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I think I'd tell the custy to "roll the dog up" in one of those rugs and........toss it!

Friggin' pets.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Heeee-ell no, keep the dog, we did another $1000 in her house.

Second time in 14 months.

Did I mention how much I love animals - especially ones that refuse to be trained......

Cat 3 raw sewerage . . . . even better . . . I'll take 3 feet sir!

You think and smell poo or pee - I think and smell $ $ $ $ - ah the sweet aroma :p

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
indyallpro said:

Did I mention how much I love animals - especially ones that refuse to be trained......

You think and smell poo or pee - I think and smell $ $ $ $ - ah the sweet aroma :p

does you no good if your hurling at the bank :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
floorguy said:
indyallpro said:

does you no good if your hurling at the bank :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:?:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if i had my head in that type of shit all day.....

id be throwing up at the bank

PCCN

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, was all that mess from a Chihuahua or from a Shih Tzu? Had to be a small dog, they ALWAYS make the biggest messes! Little beasts!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Wow... I'd buy whoever cleaned that a steak dinner for 2 as a "Thanks for not quiting today!" bonus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom