How much pre spray are you applying when HWE'ing?

Mikey P

Administrator
Like I've said recently, when using the Mytee I am putting down some where around 1 gallon per 150 to 200 sq feet.

Which shocked the socks off of me.

I can fill my 9 to 1 metered Hydro Force and do 3 to 4 normal sized jobs from it.

With the electric I have to fill it for each job, some times twice. I'll have to bucket test my HF on Tuesday to see just how many gallons this thing is really good for.

One thing is for sure, every chemical supplier should give a Battery Sprayer away free with a case of PS purchase.

TimP

The hydroforce doesn't put out as much as you think it does. And if you do a bucket test you may be surprised at what dilution rates you're getting. And if you're solution temp gets above boiling it wont meter at all. I suggest you're hydroforce isn't diluting what it should!

I use the omni sprayer myself and I spray out about the same as you per gallon. About 200 ft per gallon and I find that if I spray less I'm not getting the yarns properly wet throughout. These people who say 3-400 ft per gallon I don't think they are properly preparing the yarn for cleaning.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
remember those pump up sprayers? Well I still use one, and I put down about a gallon per 200-250 sq. ft.

I dilute my Judson Juice at 1.5 oz. per gallon on most jobs.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I get the same coverage as you do Mikey. I usually use 3 or 4 gallons on whole house jobs. Of course, I'm smart enough to keep three 2 gallon jugs on the truck, filled and ready to go. So, I don't have to do anything but switch out the jug while on the jobs.

I like using my electric sprayer because I don't flood the carpet and surrounding furniture the way I used to with the hydroforce.

Since you guys posted you were getting good results with your Judson's Juice at 1.5 to 2 oz's per gallon, I've cut my usage in half and found that ya'll are correct. Thanks.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's just as beneficial to use soft water in your PS as it is your rinse.

Marty, have you tried adding 30 vol to your PS yet?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Of course, I'm smart enough to keep three 2 gallon jugs on the truck, filled and ready to go. So, I don't have to do anything but switch out the jug while on the jobs.

I have a set up that you may find useful.........the parts should be here at the beginning of this coming week and once I get it put together I will toss it your direction

Farenheit251

This week I did a rental with cut pile olefin. Some areas so stained I knew it would be hard to stop it from wicking. Ran three lakewood HV2 fans from Sam's while I cleaned upstairs. I checked the carpet with a hydro probe and 75% was completely dry. The heavily soiled spots I presprayed heavier were still wet despite doing extra dry strokes. I waited 45 minutes checking with the probe and never did get the backing dry even though the fiber felt dry. Had the fans facing straight down like an airpath and even directly under the fan I was getting a fully wet reading.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I think I am right in line with what your sprayin Mike. I tested my hydroforce and got about 11-12 gallons per container, while metering at 8:1.

Name
Eric Valentine
About 1 gallon per 200 square feet. I have went as low as a gallon per 300 square on builder grade nylon that was barely soiled (my own house). My pump-up is a real pain in the ass, and spraying evenly is difficult. I do wish I had a good battery sprayer, just to get the time needed to spray down and be able to apply it a bit more evenly.

I am a true BDCC, so buying one is not an option right now.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
One gallon for 200 Sq Ft. How are your dry times mike?

How far ahead do you pre-spray?

I would think letting liquid soak down into the carpet at that quantity would leave it rather wet.

This is an AirPath nightmare.

TimP

A job I did last week. I sprayed out 5 gallons in about 850 ft. All at once time. I had about a gallon left over and just put it over the nasty parts to nuke them that's why I did 2 buckets worth. Scrubbed the whole thing at one time since it was an empty house. Then rinsed. I cleaned some chairs felt the carpet and it was just barely damp almost dry to the touch. Definitly no wet socks. At 200 ft per gallon you aren't wetting the backing. Unless it's a thin piece of olefin and then maybe.

There isn't enough water to flow down through the backing or into the pad. The source of the water is gone once the yarn absorbs it it's done moving but to evaporate. At least in my opinion....thought I should qualify my statement.

LeeCory

I am pretty close to the numbers you mention also. I have a couple Omnipro battery sprayers and the jug they use is 2 1/2 gallons. I have 8 jugs that I keep filled up and often have 4 or 5 on the van. They come in very handy and use them to hold the doors shut with door drapes. And on windy days I use them to hold screen doors outside in place by putting one on each side.

When your batteries begin to go bad don't buy them from your dealers. You can get them on the internet for $22 bucks each. I just purchased and received 3 of them.

John Watson

Spraying 02 at 1 1/2 oz on fair to medium soiled jobs 2 gals covers between 800 - 1000 depending on TA's. I am thinking of mixing and keeping a 2 gal jug with about 8oz02 and 2 T of hot sauce just for TA's but don't know how it will work when applied cold, I think I remember a post where Les said it still will kick butt a few days after it was mixed. even though cold.

Mikey P

Administrator
Studebaker said:
One gallon for 200 Sq Ft. How are your dry times mike?

How far ahead do you pre-spray?

I would think letting liquid soak down into the carpet at that quantity would leave it rather wet.

This is an AirPath nightmare.

My dry times are fantastic.

Cool to the touch when we leave.

Doest thou forgetith howith I suckith?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I can't get a hydro-force to draw with hot water for nothing so I use the battery powered hydro-force. I wouldn't do this business without a power sprayer.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
LeeCory said:
I am pretty close to the numbers you mention also. I have a couple Omnipro battery sprayers and the jug they use is 2 1/2 gallons. I have 8 jugs that I keep filled up and often have 4 or 5 on the van. They come in very handy and use them to hold the doors shut with door drapes. And on windy days I use them to hold screen doors outside in place by putting one on each side.

When your batteries begin to go bad don't buy them from your dealers. You can get them on the internet for $22 bucks each. I just purchased and received 3 of them.

I need a battery...where did you buy them for the price?

The Preacher

admiralclean said:
My schools are coming due and I need a power sprayer. Which BB salesman should I buy from?

just keep kissing mikeys a$$ and he'll work a deal for ya!!! :shock:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I own this sprayer:

Sprayers_Battery_Operated_Sprayer.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jeremy;

The battery you need is a 12 VDC model from a DeWalt power tool.

They should be available at a "big box" home improvement store, but they are more expensive.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I found out that the Black and Decker 12 Volt is the same exact battery for my sprayer as the Dewalt. I bought 2 of them at the outlet mall yesterday for $22 each.

Not bad considering a friend of mine gave me the sprayer in the first place. :D

LeeCory

The battery replacement I posted is what is in the Omnipro sprayer. It's probably the same battery in the multisprayer.

Just check the battery that is in your device and check for it at the website I posted above. Might as well save a bunch of money. I called one supplier and they wanted almost $80 bucks for it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Marty,

I will sell you an OmniPro sprayer and through in free directions to an outlet store where you can get a replacement battery when you need it.

Send me a PM or Email.

Scott "soft sell" Warrington

LeeCory

why make the trip to an outlet store and pay more when you can get it for $19.79 on the internet?

I have 2 Omnipro sprayers and like them. If you get one, make sure you have at least 4 jugs to have on the truck. And like I said, replacement batteries for less than 20 bucks.

The new Mytee sprayer looks ok, but I dont like the idea of a fixed jug that you need to keep refilling. I think it would be easier to just swap one jug out with another and keep going.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
LeeCory said:
why make the trip to an outlet store and pay more when you can get it for $19.79 on the internet?

I have 2 Omnipro sprayers and like them. If you get one, make sure you have at least 4 jugs to have on the truck. And like I said, replacement batteries for less than 20 bucks.

The new Mytee sprayer looks ok, but I dont like the idea of a fixed jug that you need to keep refilling. I think it would be easier to just swap one jug out with another and keep going.

I'm a little confused by your post. I can go 2 miles and pick up the batteries for $2 more than getting them on the internet. Don't I have to pay shipping and wait 7-10 days for them to arrive if I get them on the internet? That would mean that I would have to wait for them and pay more in the end.

Maybe you missed the part where I said I got them for $22.

Greenie

It's nothing against Lee, but i would just assume my customers bought them from me, not the internet, the internet doesn't do much for tech support, supplier relationships include more than the price of the product.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom