How much profit should there be in a 10k truckmount?

Mikey P

Administrator
What do you consider fair for a "garage" builder like Duane, Les or Nick?

How about those cheap WOC cleverly not labeled EZ units that got for 7 or so grand, how much of that is profit?

Do you want your boutique builder to make a nice enough profit so that when a HX or some other proprietary part goes he can warranty it right up front and not play phone tag with you for 6 months?

Or are you of the mind set that $500 is all he deserves and I'll take my chances on break downs and who the hell cares about a warranty when it would just be cheaper to buy another POS.

Mikey P

Administrator
According to my math, a 25/45 machine would cost $6650 in parts alone give or take $500.
Now add in labor, marketing, biz overhead, time, commissions, and everything else involved and you have to wonder about these $8000 "deals" out there.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That was the "at least" part.

And after all is sed an dun

I'll stick to carpet cleaning...I have no idea what it takes to build a good TM

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the problem with a 10k machine is you gotta figure in some profit for whatever dealer is going to sell it. I think there should be 3k $1500 for each party but even at that imagine if you have to sit on a machine a few months if your a dealer it makes it not really worth it if you ask me.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
almost free................
the one on the left is 7 grand
the one on the right is 8 grand
HOWEVER...i will sell them BOTH...
for 15 grand!

2010-10-14_222256MA28197544-0002.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree at least $3,000.00.

How much profit do you expect on $10,000.00 worth of cleaning? Why would you expect a manufacturer to work for any less?

I don't know about you but I'm wanting much more than $3,000.00 off of $10,000.00 in my business.

Yet we want to deny a manufacturer from making a decent profit or if they do we call them crooks for ripping us off. :shock:

Bob can I make payments? :p

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Brian R said:
Damn Bob...those tables don't look too sturdy. Ivebeensold :shock:
Damn Brian...that's why I build TM's....
and YOU.........do whatever it is that YOU do....what is that again............?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ford Fairlane said:

How much profit do you expect on $10,000.00 worth of cleaning? Why would you expect a manufacturer to work for any less?

I don't know about you but I'm wanting much more than $3,000.00 off of $10,000.00 in my business.

Yet we want to deny a manufacturer from making a decent profit or if they do we call them crooks for ripping us off. :shock:

Bob can I make payments? :p
SURE RICHARD....YOU...can make payments..... 8) 8) 8)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ford Fairlane said:

No kidding. We(cleaners) make 300% profit on a bottle of protector.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
bob vawter said:
[quote="Brian R":2efl0icz]Damn Bob...those tables don't look too sturdy. Ivebeensold :shock:
Damn Brian...that's why I build TM's....
and YOU.........do whatever it is that YOU do....what is that again............?[/quote:2efl0icz]

Don't get me started...

Mike Draper

bob vawter said:
dang Bri......and i THOUGHT yous was IN the possee........ thathurts

header-1.jpg

In a pistol fight I could take out 5 or 6 of those bastard before they even figured out how to aim that revolver at me. Sorry for stealing your thread. If the purchaser "HAS" the money then price is only an issue in the absence of value. I really dont care what the disty makes. Should be at least 25%+ maybe? I know, I know....I'm a racist, bigot, bla, bla, bla.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ford Fairlane said:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk237/bobvawter/header-1.jpg

Vato's loco's?

best not fuk wit dem! :shock:

And you know everyone of them has cleaned a carpet or 2 in their lives.

They could be here watching. blowme

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's ok Brian I have you on the protected list.

When they have your wallet and a blade to your throat, just mention my name and they will give you back your wallet and release you.............or maybe not! :p

:mrgreen:

Name
Bruce
Ford Fairlane said:

When they have your wallet and a blade to your throat, just mention my name and they will give you back your wallet and release you.............or maybe not! :p

:shock: :lol: :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ford Fairlane said:

You're still my favorite. :mrgreen:

Name
jack zerkie
Whatever the profit margin is I hope that its enough to stay in bussiness. I have owned White Magic and Hydramaster units, both only used by me and the fact both were large companys but when the problems started with each unit,we just replaced parts so they ran for a while unitl next time.Now I operate a Larry Cobb, base 2045 with a heat exchange. A 20 hp Kohler and a 45 blower, all for less than $10 K.I,m sorry to be so repetative but this unit has run over 2 years at 0 down time and I, m cleaning the same jobs over and over.The simple set up is great nothing hard to fix or get to,it,s all in the open.In the past I lost jobs because the units would stop working. I never thought tha smaller was better, but now I see what really works for me. jz

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Hoody said:
Ford Fairlane said:

No kidding. We(cleaners) make 300% profit on a bottle of protector.

would that be watering it down???

cuz swear to god, no matter how i read the bottles, it looks like 50% at best

rick imby

Name
Rick
i think the real question is how much money can You make from a $10,000 machine?

It has been drilled into our heads that you get what you pay for. I believe you usually don't.

Many industries are set up where they are willing to buy the customer the first time for the long term value of the customer. I think most of these machines would last forever if you put $100 a month into a service fund and rebuilt it as needed.

Like many things we often focus on the least important part of the equation.

Rick

Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
Robert A. Heinlein

How to make a website that works.

Straight Talk Wireless

Verizon Prepaid compared to Tracfone Wireless

rick imby said:
i think the real question is how much money can You make from a $10,000 machine?

It has been drilled into our heads that you get what you pay for. I believe you usually don't.

Many industries are set up where they are willing to buy the customer the first time for the long term value of the customer. I think most of these machines would last forever if you put $100 a month into a service fund and rebuilt it as needed.

Like many things we often focus on the least important part of the equation.

Rick

Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
Robert A. Heinlein

How to make a website that works.

Straight Talk Wireless

Verizon Prepaid compared to Tracfone Wireless

This ^^^^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom