How much time off?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Taking Sunday,Monday, Tuesday off but we are pretty busy right now on commercial side. Little under staffed actually.

Several businesses are trying too jam in end of the year jobs they should have scheduled in October, which was slow.
Not complaining...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
The payless guy called the other day..had six stores in my area to offer@$115-$125 each.between 1200 and 1800 sf each,all after hours.

Three were hour away.

We couldn't come to an agreement..

So was it an actual DM type guy from payless...or some dumb MMM house wife in her undies at home???

There are a bunch around here, and after the 1st cleaning (getting them done right) and IF they stayed on a maint...i can knock these out in around 1-1.5 hrs....plus it would be nice fill in work when i have to travel for other jobs anyway....

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
We are off until the 2nd. We got 6 inches of snow Christmas Day and haven’t thawed out yet. Waiting for the phone to ring and worried because my water tech is on vacation and I’ll have to go it alone!!!!! Good thing for FaceTime on my iphone - my tech will be with me after all! Now, I feel better.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
All we had was commercial accounts scheduled from Dec. 26th through the end of year. It's a good thing though I stayed wet all day Thursday (no fools cancelled) custys getting ready for holidays, same thing Sunday night on 2 commercial jobs, stayed cold even though it was in the 40's. Caught up to me Christmas eve woke up with sore throat, Christmas day laid around all day with fever and cold settling in my chest. Had to go out out last night on big commercial job, every muscle in my body ached! Slept till 11:45 am today and have 2 jobs tonight. Glad I didn't have anything scheduled for the week on residential. I have always tried to take the week between Christmas and New Years off every since I was in the restaurant buisness so that I can spend time with the kiddies and their new toys. This year has been bad because everyone has ended up with my crap in various stages.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are off until the 2nd. We got 6 inches of snow Christmas Day and haven’t thawed out yet. Waiting for the phone to ring and worried because my water tech is on vacation and I’ll have to go it alone!!!!! Good thing for FaceTime on my iphone - my tech will be with me after all! Now, I feel better.
Wow 6-inches? I didn't know you guys got that kind of weather. :eekk:

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
207704_4375312780170_790737752_n.jpg

Still around since Christmas Day, the roads are clear, but the pipes and my pool are still frozen. 30% chance of snow today with a high of 32 and tonight a low of 13! This is my newest cow dog Brute! He had no clue what that white powder was!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

Man that's Kansas weather, is that normal for your area?

My dog just stayed in his house, I have turnout coats on the horses so it doesn't bother them. Most of our cats had never seen snow either, they were freaked out by it and stayed in the barn for the most part. A few of the older ones hang out near the house and beneath the deck.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I put away enough money to pay minimum for my employees and not work until march15th . stuff comes in and we run and do it but mostly we guerrilla market

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Must be nice. We are out there working it still, big water loss this AM and some carpet cleaning.

Bid on a $20,000.00 water loss but had two other competitors bidding also odds go down that we get it.

Have some cleaning for tonight and then we are off for the next four days barring any emergency work.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Just got in from working my first water job ALL BY MYSELF (and my spousal equivalent who has never helped before)! First time to even use the truckmount alone. Had to roll hoses into the house because there is hard as heck snow on the ground and it’s below 20! I say alone, but I had 3 boys under the age of 7 helping me out until it was time to bring in the fans. That was when I was glad to have my sweetie with me.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
i did take a picture and will post later because it’s really funny. the kids weren’t mine, but I think babysitting is in my future. one thing i’ve learned from the last few days is i’m not a owner \ operator! time to get back on the van!

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Got a call at 3:00 because someone left their bathtub wide open at an apartment complex. The water was off, she turned it on, nothing came out, forgot to turn if off, and left. Flooded 3 apartments. The water tech won’t be home until Tuesday, which can’t get here soon enough. I work on all water jobs, but I just go and fetch, etc. I can’t wait for him to come home.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It always happens like that, probably won't get any next week when he is back. If there is a good thing, that extra income from the water work will sure be nice to bill. :)

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I own and operate cleaning companies besides making and selling rug washing equipment . (AKA Centrum Force and its various companies: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Centrum-Force-Fabrication/293713360737523?ref=hl)

Wolverine Carpet Cleaners, currently is a one truck on-location carpet and furniture cleaning company. I started it in 1977. Naturally, I have an in-plant rug washing facility too. All my companies have worked every day except Christmas and will work every day next week except New Years day. We don't work most Sundays and Saturdays. Albeit, we did work this Saturday in the on-location cleaning side of things.

www.wolverinecarpetcleaners.com
www.arearugcleaningcompany.com

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
Not as much as I had in years past. But I was in the area and picked up a quick local job or 2 like today.

January can be slow around here. So I'm sure ill enjoy a few lazy days over the next few weeks.

New machine installed. New tires tie rods. Ball joints. The equipment is ready for a banner 2013. 3 jobs to finish out 2012 on Monday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom