how much work do you sub out?

A

amazingcleansc

all the little ones except for Moye Company property shiteatinggrin

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I think it’s something that anyone who wants to grow a company should be open to. There will be times where a customer needs you can’t take care of them, the job is to big, too many locations, you don’t have the skills, you don’t have the equipment, to far away, the job is a PIA.

“Subbing out” will never be my business model but, I am not above it.

Ryan

I sub out pressure washing (sometimes) and VCT in areas I can't get too. I can make 20%-40% off it most times.

Nice margins for few phone calls. shiteatinggrin

I'm with Ace on this one. I sub out when needed. Mainly on large jobs, not very often though. I know the quality of work other people in my area do, so I only sub out to people I know. You have to be selective, period! Get to know the quality of work other carpet cleaners do and it makes the decision easier.

John Watson

We now sub out rug cleaning and rug repairs. Twice now within the last month we have called in Jared of Top Knotch to do a couple of our jobs because of freak truck mal functions. We also were on site and used our solutions, The clients appreciated our finding a way to get their jobs compleated in a timly fashion.
I have no problem subbing out work we don't do, but sometimes we also just refer another Co to them.

topnotchman

Hope you got your TM working. You wouldn't recognize the trailer you sold me after I washed it 2 times! Looks good, thanks again.

John Watson said:
We now sub out rug cleaning and rug repairs. Twice now within the last month we have called in Jared of Top Knotch to do a couple of our jobs because of freak truck mal functions. We also were on site and used our solutions, The clients appreciated our finding a way to get their jobs compleated in a timly fashion.
I have no problem subbing out work we don't do, but sometimes we also just refer another Co to them.

Name
I'm Rick James
topnotchman said:
Hope you got your TM working. You wouldn't recognize the trailer you sold me after I washed it 2 times! Looks good, thanks again.

John Watson said:

Becker and I help each other out for jobs we cant do.

Anyone local have a vac reel for sale.

It's incredible that I still two years later get several phones call a week from the yp. When the customer hears my price they keep shopping. Rather than deal with price shoppers myself, I plan on sending the jobs to my friend that needs the work and money. Watch out Brian Robison. If he does what I tell him, he should easily average 150-200 per job off a 49 dollar quote. Yes it is bait and switch. Who cares. He can bonnet clean open areas for a low price or give the customer a deeper clean for an additional price. I figure 4 cleaning packages is ideal with the goal to get the middle package. I am not going to use this as a business strategy, but damn sometimes I get 5 calls per week off a two year old ad. If this works out, who knows I may run some coupons. :shock:

A

amazingcleansc

danielc said:
It's incredible that I still two years later get several phones call a week from the yp. When the customer hears my price they keep shopping. Rather than deal with price shoppers myself, I plan on sending the jobs to my friend that needs the work and money. Watch out Brian Robison. If he does what I tell him, he should easily average 150-200 per job off a 49 dollar quote. Yes it is bait and switch. Who cares. He can bonnet clean open areas for a low price or give the customer a deeper clean for an additional price. I figure 4 cleaning packages is ideal with the goal to get the middle package. I am not going to use this as a business strategy, but damn sometimes I get 5 calls per week off a two year old ad. If this works out, who knows I may run some coupons. :shock:

i wish you guys wouldn't say bait and switch so much. bait and switch is 3 rooms 29.99 and when you get there, "oh well we dont do that anymore." Thats a little bit different than being prepared to honor your low price.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I sub out every job.

I refer some work out like air duct or house cleaning in some areas. Sometimes I get referral fees for those.
Like water damage. I refer out and will almost always get a referal fee.

You can sub out work and still have quality work done.
It's not like I sub t the local home depot or anthing.

You guys who stick to the "I would never" crap have closed minds.
"your" customers wouldn't know the difference of a new employee or a new sub.

Ryan

Brian R said:
You guys who stick to the "I would never" crap have closed minds.
"your" customers wouldn't know the difference of a new employee or a new sub.

Their craftsmen and not business men Brian. Thats ok if thats how you want to roll, but they seem to flip out everytime someone like you or Ken are making money.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I work well with craftsmen. That's all I use...that's why it works so well.
If you sub to someone who does a great job, I don't see the harm in it.

I think most think of subs as scum of the earth guys who clean with dirty water (that's a metaphore. lol)

It's all about how you do anything that makes it worth doing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom