How often do you change you oil? engine, blower, pump?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Be honest how often.. I change mine................ tell me if this is right

Honda 24 hp engine: first 25 hours, then filter and oil every 50 hours.

blower: first 50 hours, then im planning on changing it every 500 hours

Cat pump: I changed mine the first 25 hours........ Then every 500 hours..

Delime machine?? havnt done it yet. should I? if so how? i have a little giant soooo.....

Name
Shawn Forsythe
You could go every other oil change for the engine filter.
And extend that blower oil change significantly if you switch to synthetic.

Otherwise your intervals are pretty good.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
it has snnthetic in the blower it has 234 hours or so. should i change it for the first time at 500 hours?

clean one

B&S 18 hp chg oil & filter about 50 - 70 hrs sometimes it gets by me. i use lucas oil treatment in the oil.
keep blower greased chg oil hum has just over 2600 hrs i might need to ck it.

My nitro has over 4600 hrs on it i think i changed the blower oil once maybe twice. eng oil & filter gets changed 50 - 70 hrs

I can tell a big difference in the oil since i started using lucas oil treatment. The oil doesn't get black between changes

CleanEvo

I have a 20hp Kohler and change the oil every 100 hours... is that pushing it? Blower and pump every 500 hours.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Engine oil in the Genesis- Every 100 hours. w/ filter

Pump and Blower- Once a year

Delime- Yearly

Jay D

Name
Jay D
How much lucas oil treatment in 2 qts of oil are you using? That stuff and trans fix work great.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
clean one said:
B&S 18 hp chg oil & filter about 50 - 70 hrs sometimes it gets by me. i use lucas oil treatment in the oil.
keep blower greased chg oil hum has just over 2600 hrs i might need to ck it.

My nitro has over 4600 hrs on it i think i changed the blower oil once maybe twice. eng oil & filter gets changed 50 - 70 hrs

I can tell a big difference in the oil since i started using lucas oil treatment. The oil doesn't get black between changes

I change my oil every 50 hours, it never even gets close to being black... ouch. My new blower doesnt even have grease fittings its all sealed. much easier

Becker

Name
Becker
Try to do engine at 50 hrs..

Blower so rarely.

Pump almost never. In fact NEVER.

I check the levels.

Ive never had a pump failure other than valves that are not lube by oil..

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've a Kohler 25hp on propane, oil stays pretty clean.
Put a larger oil filter on it, usually have to add some periodically, change it every 100hrs, might go back to every 50 with filter change every 100, only takes 2litres of oil

John Watson

I know mine is a different animal being a shaft drive unit, But my fingers are a little ichy.

We try to have the oil changed about every 1000 miles, which breaks down to about once a month when things are going at our normal pace. Right now we are every 2-3 months..

as far as the blower and pump go, they were changed when unit was installed into it's 4th van about 6 years ago. not because they needed it, but because I drained them when I removed them from the prevoius unit. So easy to do. Take the top end of the plastic sight tubes which come from the blower and pump bases and go through the front panel of my JEM unit and place in a MT jug to catch old oil, all this happens rite at the front panel. I could back fill with new oil to the desired level without removing the machines cover or touching the pump or blower... This would be my personal recomnedation that this sight tube system should be installed on all units that use a pump and blower. Looking at the front panel tells you your level, weather or not it is foaming or you have contaminates in your oil..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom