How often do you clean your own house?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I must say that i have cleaned my carpet twice since the snow melted.

How often do you clean your own house?
and when you clean do you go all out and put carpet protectant on and all do all the little stuff to?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"How often do you clean your own house?"

not as much as Joni would like, but way more than if i lived alone......

couple/three times a year minimum.
One of those cleanings is generally the whole shindig.
(with the exception of protectant)

The other times are pretty much traffic ln only and maybe touch-up the upl fronts

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I use to clean it twice a year at the old house, it probably needed it more.
Young kids are a mess, especially my twin daughters, what pigs!

We've been in the new home a year next month and have not cleaned it yet. We vacuum much more often and spot clean spots. It looks pretty good but I was thinking of doing it, just because it's been a year.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
once every 12-18 months i pad it.

i'd never put pro on it....it's a mobile home!

Walt

Jim Martin said:
when she puts the work order on my desk................

LOL My wife has done the same thing.

Traffic areas - every 2 months. Wall to wall once a year. I've have dogs but I don't want the house to smell like.

lesterj2

when the lady of the house goes to nagging... probably like 3 times a year... i never put protectant...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Carpet is stupid, got rid of most of my carpet and replaced with cherry. The rest gets it about once a year.

R

rotovacguy

Doug Cox said:
Carpet is stupid, got rid of most of my carpet and replaced with cherry. The rest gets it about once a year.

I couldn't agree more, Doug. We bought our house 3 years ago, and the downstairs living room carpet was pretty nasty. Since we are not made of money, I couldn't put in ceramic tile like I wanted to, so we put in new carpet. I forget the pile rating, but it is Shaw's top of the line carpet, and after only 2 years it looks like shit. The first year I cleaned it almost monthly. I have 2 dogs that track in crap from the backyard, plus with all the kids, it really takes a beating. I did protect it, too, a couple of times when it still looked decent, now it's a waste of money.

Heck, I should have just kept the old crap in there and saved up for the tile, cause it would still look like new, unlike the carpet in there now. There is hardwood underneath the carpet, but it is in rough shape, plus with the dogs claws, I don't want hardwood, tile is a much better option, imho.

Anyway, with that being said, I'm lucky if I clean it twice a year now.

Becker

Name
Becker
Spokane house has all hard surface floors but my office. I vac it, but it is in the basement and the end of the house and has a great carpet in it.. Never looks dirty.. So many yearly.

My vacant Snoho house.. when I lived in it. I cleaned the super light carpets every 2 months or 2.. not the whole house.. But main areas. maybe every 4-6 months whole house.

I live on a boat part time also.
That boat get a yearly cleaning.

Might move back to the snoho house.. So maybe I will have carpets again to test new products on.. and compare dry times.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I can only imagine the millions I could have made muscling my customers into buying Scotchgard all these years.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
C&S said:
How come alot of you dont apply carpet Protectant?
if i had kids maybe, but then again, i'm a believer in the lesser the chem's me and my fam comes into contact with the better.

maybe i dont know better but there it is :mrgreen:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
C&S said:
How come alot of you dont apply carpet Protectant?

Here is how I look at it. Our customers hire us to clean up the stains/ spills and soils on their carpet that they cannot easily clean up themselves without investing ALOT of time. Protector helps our customers clean up those spills so they won't have to have us back every 3 months to fix their little problems.

In our own homes, if we have a spill/ spot or problem, we can remedy the problem correctly and rather efficiently so we unless its white carpet and we spill stuff regularly, we probably won't see the benefit of the protector.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
true on the "easier for the customer to remove" issue..

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I can't believe all of you that don't put protector on your carpet. My MBD carpet is a light sage color, cut and loop nylon with a sea shell pattern. I clean it every 3 months or so and apply 3 times the amount of protector called for (undiluted). I have 3 big hairy active herding dogs that hang out there that have had more "accidents" than I would care to admit. It is 9 years old and looks brand new. I give credit to the protector and frequent cleaning.
al

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
when i get around to it, or cant stand it...

and the whole house....ehhhh i got to much shit to be moving things around...it gets cleaned when we rearrange

it needs it right now...but i been to lazy to do my own.....plus the damn kids wont leave it "picked up" long enough to do it

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
As soon as I get to the point where the old ball and chain is going to drive me through the wall. Then I put it off another month..........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Askal said:
and apply 3 times the amount of protector called for (undiluted).

three Xs the amount *undiluted*??

why?
I can guess why... cause it really ain't "all that" when used as directed.

I give credit to the protector and frequent cleaning.

Ohhh Kaaayy :roll:

I've said it before, the greatest benefit of carpet protectant is to the CCer's bottom line and little else

..L.T.A.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I've tested 4 different protectors. Dupont and Scotchgard were equal performers and the other two were no better than the control sample. For a 200 SF room you would apply 1 gallon diluted (23 oz. undiluted) so I use about a half gallon undiluted product for my carpet. If you haven't tried it don't knock it. It would be great to do that for my clients and would only cost me $.06 per sf more than I am paying now, but it would be a violation of the labeling directions. I would hope that everyone who sells protector makes money. That is one of the main ideas of being in business.
Al

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
you know i cleaned mine last may
put scotch gaurd down tested it last month and still active{ impressive to me at least}
but gettin new 60 oz stainmaster this week

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom