How often do you Dual Wand?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
And what truckmount do you use?

I'm amazed at how efficient dual wanding is.

Lately, we probably dual wand 3 out of every 4 houses we clean.

I'm running a 1999 Vortex 777

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Depends on the number of helpers. It's almost useless to dual wand if you have to drop it to move furniture often. I will almost always use it when cleaning carpet and upholstery, or cleaning big commercial jobs.

I run a 2003 Genesis 59.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I guess that was a dumb question.

I doubt anyone here dual wands with anything less than a 5.6 blower anyhow.

The Genesis looks like a beast!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
most houses are a huge waste of time to duel wand.....

dual wanding shines more in large commercial jobs............

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
what size blower you running Jim?

Does that Thermwave II have a 5.6 or a 5.9?

Probably a 5.6.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not sure.....I have not looked at the blower plate and the book does not tell me....

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
yeah...

we dual wanded a 650 s/f job yesterday. 3 bedrooms and a living room.

we can set up and tear down dual wands in less time than most folks can a single wand.

practice makes perfect i guess.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
George,

We dual wand just about every cleaning job using a #45 Roots, and have been doing so for 20 years (way before most CCer's were even thinking about it).

It definitely gives you a high level of efficiency when cleaning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Generally residential homes we single wand, if it were a very large home we might send two trucks.

Large commercial, then we will dual wand with our Prochem 805, but that pretty infrequent.

So to answer, not very often.

Name
R.J. Povio
I dont have a dual wand machine....but I would always be leary if people thought that if we dual wanded that if we got a 300-400 dollar job done in half the time....that we did it too quickly. Custys that have called other carpet cleaners have mentioned to me....well the last guy was in and out in 15-20 minutes. So some people associate how much time you spent with how good of a job you did.

Apartment complexes and commercial work...I would definately dual wand.....nobody is around usually...and as long as it looks good nobody cares on apt complexes and commerical work. Commercial work especially if someone is waiting for you to finish so they can lock up and go home!

We did a house with about 2300 sq ft of carpet on Friday...we sent 2 trucks and four guys...we moved all furniture and were done in about 2.5 hours. They were happy and still said wow that was fast...If you think about it that is 10 man hours....would a custy really want one guy at their house cleaning carpets for 10 hours???

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
I dont have a dual wand machine....but I would always be leary if people thought that if we dual wanded that if we got a 300-400 dollar job done in half the time....that we did it too quickly. Custys that have called other carpet cleaners have mentioned to me....well the last guy was in and out in 15-20 minutes. So some people associate how much time you spent with how good of a job you did.
The residential customers don't think we are getting done too quickly when they see we are doing something other cleaning companies don't do - being more efficient and producing outstanding results by dual wanding.

They also see how hard we are working.

In 20 years of dual wanding, not one complaint about getting done too quickly from anyone.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
would a custy really want one guy at their house cleaning carpets for 10 hours???

we should ask Ron Werner
cause I think he's actually spent that kind of time in a home.

that's not a slam on Ron, 'cause with his obsessive compulsive disorder, he's likely doing the most thorough cleaning of anyone out there .....
it just that he's shared how long it's taken him on some jobs.
and it's routinely 2 to 3 times longer than the average "above average" CC'r
five to ten times longer than the "average" CC'r

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim Martin said:

I love it when Jim is wrong.

It's not often but he is dead wrong here.

gavin

the only time I have dual wands is when I have 2 machines going. more often I have a wand and a Buffer going at the same time, or 2 buffers.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3stiizug]most houses are a huge waste of time to duel wand.....

It's not often but he is dead wrong here.[/quote:3stiizug]

pull up to home...one guy grabs vacuum and starts at the far end of the house....vacuuming and putting what ever needs moved on sliders......

the other guys starts setting truck up.....pulling in hoses..corner guards..... etc.........spray and clean first room that has been vacuumed..

the guy with the vacuum should be done.....he can grab the second solution line..( which was brought in and laid in place during the set up ) and start pre-spraying/scrubbing the next area....

from here it is just a game of leap frog...guy with wand is done in room...he moves to next area that has dwelled and is ready to clean....guy that is pre-spraying starts grooming area the guy with the wand just finished..tabbing anything that had to be moved.......stacking or re-setting corner guards....

get this well orchestrated and worked into your system to fit your needs.....it will be rare you pull in 2 vacuum lines.....

for me this was 10 times more efficient and was the better way to go on 95% of the homes we have down here.....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Mikey P":83zfn8fs][quote="Jim Martin":83zfn8fs]most houses are a huge waste of time to duel wand.....

It's not often but he is dead wrong here.[/quote:83zfn8fs]

pull up to home...one guy grabs vacuum and starts at the far end of the house....vacuuming and putting what ever needs moved on sliders......

the other guys starts setting truck up.....pulling in hoses..corner guards..... etc.........spray and clean first room that has been vacuumed..

the guy with the vacuum should be done.....he can grab the second solution line..( which was brought in and laid in place during the set up ) and start pre-spraying/scrubbing the next area....

from here it is just a game of leap frog...guy with wand is done in room...he moves to next area that has dwelled and is ready to clean....guy that is pre-spraying starts grooming area the guy with the wand just finished..tabbing anything that had to be moved.......stacking or re-setting corner guards....

get this well orchestrated and worked into your system to fit your needs.....it will be rare you pull in 2 vacuum lines.....

for me this was 10 times more efficient and was the better way to go on 95% of the homes we have down here.....[/quote:83zfn8fs]

IF I ever hired a helperboy we would dual wand. But then I would need a dual wand TM. Maybe Sapphire Scientific's 870SS. The last few years I had a helper was in the 80's and we put two Vac11s into the back of the Pinto or Vega wagons (whichever was running) and would set up like Jim said; start up the other steam cleaner after all the other details were attended to. We would REALLY make time running two machines at once.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
for me this was 10 times more efficient and was the better way to go on 95% of the homes we have down here.....
I agree with Jim, unless you have additional labor to move furnishings and precondition then one tool continously running is going to beat two tools that have to stop wanding to do those things.

3-man crew for dual wanding?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:

Doc Holliday said:
I agree with Jim, unless you have additional labor to move furnishings and precondition then one tool continously running is going to beat two tools that have to stop wanding to do those things.

Huge_smiley_with_tongue_out.gif

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Doc Holliday said:
3-man crew for dual wanding?

That's how Ron Curtis regularly did it in large homes with the 3rd guy sometimes also doing upholstery.

roro

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
every chance I get with HAT V

3 bedroom single level ranch, not to often unless some type of upholstery is involved or the house is big and split up. I will get tired of standing around and pull in hose just to do a living room

2 or split level always

Jim Martin wrote:

agree

if we don't dual wand we find the other standing around and arguing about the other being a wand hog, that is even after moving fans, blocking& tabbing, etc

You really something other than a hydroforce to prespray with and better helper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom