How often do you rescue other cleaners?

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
yep some I'd let drown but there's a few of us that network and help out. Even though im pretty light on carpet cleaning side.

or if we're feeling burned out and need a break we will send work back and forth.

ive even gone and worked along side them too get a job done when it turned into a bear or their tech flaked

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Our help was asked for a couple of times, once on a bio-wash and another guy called that had 2 busted portables. Both times we had other commitments. The guy that I couldn't help with the bio-wash lent me some foam blocks once, I took him out for lunch. Kinda wish I had more rapport with someone local.

Mikey P

Administrator
Somebody was EXTREMELY impressed with the Dev12...

MVIMG_20190402_121519.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Our help was asked for a couple of times, once on a bio-wash and another guy called that had 2 busted portables. Both times we had other commitments. The guy that I couldn't help with the bio-wash lent me some foam blocks once, I took him out for lunch. Kinda wish I had more rapport with someone local.
You want to reach out to your local competition. Go to cad's at your local distributors. Do a little research on the older companies in your neighborhood. You'll find sometimes that they are quite willing to share their knowledge and sometimes they might even bail you out if you need equipment in an emergency. I have lent portables, even a truck mount once, dryers and dehumidifiers, helped on jobs, been helped on jobs, treated browning and other stains, etc. Usually it has been profitable with more work coming my way through referrals.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Eye have a friend that we support eachother if needed.
Works out great since we never hardly have money change hands. What comes around goes around is what we say usually

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Lee Stockwell
I take care of difficult jobs for a local ServiceMaster, 5 or 6 times a year. 40 year relationship.

Also have helped a Murray CC finish a job, just pulled up and connected his hoses to my TM, no drama. His wife sent us a nice thank you card, but he was almost too embarrassed to talk to us.

Yesterday did a job for the widow of a former competitor. My son bought his van and tm after his demise.

We often have more in common with other cleaners than with our relatives.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You are too kind a person. 😎

I am far too competitive to feel for them. They are big boys, they will figure it out just as I had to. It's a war and I sure ain't about to help my competition.

Hate to be an asshole...but I am what I am!
FOOKEM 🙂

• Dislike
Reactions: Andy

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Helped out many over the years.

Most have 💩 on me down the track.

Only a half dozen now in my small city that I will help.

I found it sad after helping someone that they'd later go behind my back & try & steal my clients.

Rarely now do I even offer advice in my little city.

As the trouble 'n strife has always given me stick for & told me, "You spent a lot of money doing courses & gaining knowledge. Tell them to do the same".

Yes Dear. :cry::icon_rolleyes::winky:

:yoda::arrrr: :very_drunk::very_drunk:

Name
Jeff T
There’s a local guy who treats me like his personal rental/chem shop.... on many occasions I helped him out, never returning the favour.... chems, tools, my truck.
Never again.....
If you treat me fairly, I’ll give you the shirt off my back, take advantage of me, and I won’t give you the time of day....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I helped a friend in the business about 5-6 years ago a few times, and about 2years ago, he dropped carpet cleaning from his list of services and sends all his customers my way. That's a good and bad thing. The good thing is I get all his commercial customers on the janitorial side. The bad thing, is my prices are where they should be, which is about double the price he was charging.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I helped a friend in the business about 5-6 years ago a few times, and about 2years ago, he dropped carpet cleaning from his list of services and sends all his customers my way. That's a good and bad thing. The good thing is I get all his commercial customers on the janitorial side. The bad thing, is my prices are where they should be, which is about double the price he was charging.
Just explain that the reason you are still doing it and he isn't is he wasn't charging enough to stay in business... those who don't get it aren't worth worrying about

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I call around from time to time asking if anyone needs help.
I go to the local CAD days trying to make friends and connections.
As I introduce myself and talk about what presprays they use...........most will turn around and walk away.
I make my way around the tables introducing myself while eating the free food but no one seems interested.
I ask my wife when I get home what's wrong with me? I tend to LOSE sleep over it..............maybe it's the dirty t-shirts and torn jeans I wear?
Or maybe it's because my van smells like a sewer? Or maybe that they all know..............and I know they do...........that I specialize in cleaning trailer parks?

So what that one of my liberal brother inlaws calls me a "Reactive" type personality? Meaning that I will bring up topics that I know will cause a reaction? I don't know.

BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS #### THEM ALL!

SUCK IT!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
As I introduce myself and talk about what presprays they use...........most will turn around and walk away.
I make my way around the tables introducing myself while eating the free food but no one seems interested.
I ask my wife when I get home what's wrong with me? I tend to LOSE sleep over it..............maybe it's the dirty t-shirts and torn jeans I wear?
Or maybe it's because my van smells like a sewer? Or maybe that they all know..............and I know they do...........that I specialize in cleaning trailer parks?

So what that one of my liberal brother inlaws calls me a "Reactive" type personality? Meaning that I will bring up topics that I know will cause a reaction? I don't know.

SUCK IT!
Have you thought about wearing Yoga pants?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I wear sweat pants every where. They are all purpose . Go out to walmart , go out to taco bell and then just wear them to bed.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

SUCK IT!
Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy! It's those booger encrusted hands! 😉

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom