How often does dual wanding make sense?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Brainstorming on the hext tm I want, and wanted to ask how often those of you with big trucks take advantage of dual wand capability?

Chris A

Name
Chris
For me its carpet and upholstery jobs only. I don't have a monster mount but I do have 2 tms and when I had an employee we tried dual truckng a few monster resi jobs and it was a giant cluster****. Commercial obviously would be different but I would question having 2 wands originating from the same point unless you could park in the middle and go opposite directions.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jon
We pull out our 805 for anything over 10,000 sq/ft or when we have a ton of upholstery to clean we run two tools off of it. Most of the time I prefer to send two trucks instead, more fresh water at their disposal and more waste water.

Why do we not use it more? We used to use it a lot but unless the house is fairly large it can scare people, doubles sets of vac and solution hoses all coming in making one big ass snot ball. Now if the house has a couple of entry points it's not nearly as bad, still I'd send two trucks rather than one.

It's still useful feature to have, more than once have we had a breakdown on a large commercial job and switched over to run dual off one of the other TM's

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
a lot of days we dual wand. We have motels and hotels and restaurants and we dual most of them. we run 3 guys on these days we prespray prescrub and then wand but have found when you set up properly if everyone presprays and then one prescrubs you can stay ahead. I tried upholstery and carpets w the apex but just felt a loss at the trigger. The Everest on the otherhand is a beast

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
I went the Vortex route, because I was believing the stupid hype thing around here. Having a true dual wand rig was an absolute day in spring on those jobs where it was needed. I loved having it when on those jobs ... which came around about every 18 months.

Chavez was the only dude here who told me to add a second van instead of going with a big truck.

I should have listened to him.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Don't give too much credit, I just flipped a coin, heads said tell him yes go dual, tails said tell him no.:p

I'm sure it works well for some but when I was on the truck I saw that shocked look more than once when dual wanding a home.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
For us, i just like the option and availability of always being capable if dual wanding.

More of a luxury to have along with all of the power.

Name
Ron lippold
We would dual wand all the time. Anything over a couple thousand feet. It did not take that long to set up. Any vacants we would dual.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
this was a point I made years ago when all the vortex was hyped, my advice for the dualers was mount a slide in, in a box truck then get a trailer with a second slide in and either leave it at the shop or tow it to the job you need it on. this way the trailer and truck can be used at seperate entry points. trying to manage 2 hoses to the same point kinda ends up being a big cluster F.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I agree with most here, dual wanding is good for doing large commercial jobs. I wouldn't even attempt dualing a large house with furniture, would add more aggravation than speed. As to empty houses, we can knock one out 7-8 rooms in 1.5 hours so by the time you set up the extra hose and aggravation you won't gain much momentum. When we did the 81k sf job last year it was nice to have 600+ feet out on the 5th floor with a crew of 2 and another 400 feet in the basement with a crew of 2 and I spent my time running soap and keeping the truck full. And we had a 2nd truck on the 3rd day (Ashley) which did another floor so we could get it done in the 3 days I told them we could have it done in. Sometimes I will pull the extra solution line so I can prespray ahead so we save that time and that's not such a hassle and the wand can keep at it and not have to stop. I also like and have used Richards ideal of dualing when we have lots of carpet and more than one piece of furniture.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
we dueled an empty last week with me doing the lr/dr with the rotovac and my helper doing the br's and 2 baths with the wand. It was the first time I dueled with the rotovac and he still had great vac on the wand at 100' of hose each.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
We dual at least once a day. Definitely on empties over 3 rooms. We dualled tile last week with one doing living area tile and the other doing a large shower and bath. We dualled a $25k commercial job in 4 nights and 1 saturday.

We will typically go in 2 different entry points to the house. This helps on the setup. It is a tool to use like anything else. I do make sure the client knows what we are doing and why we can. Another way to seperate from the pack.

It is a must on furniture to save time.

Bryan
www.surfacesolve.com
www.tampatilecleaning.com

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I did a job this past sat that included cleaning just about everything (mattress, rugs, carpet, furniture, n tile), it also including moving everything, pet treatment of some areas, and protecting 80% of it. Jobs like that are the ones I wish we could tripple wand. I don't dual wand yet, but looking fwd to it soon.

PM

Name
ES
Is it possible to dual wand with a 2005 Apex? (100 ft hose runs) SOrry if I offended anyone in my classified section!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom