How often, if ever, does a customer ask to see your jugs?

Mikey P

Administrator
Living in Santa Cruz we may get a request or two each year to read a prespray or rinse label. More common is a copy of the MSDS sheet when they book the appointment, but even that is once or twice a yer as well.

I would assume you mid westerners and Texans never get asked.
East coast, most likely like us..

While we're on the subject, have you heard about the Global Harmonizing Systems act?

Do you think this will eventually lead to people being able to recognize the warning labels on the back of their home cleaners and possibly make them want to cross reference them to what you are using on their carpet or furniture?

Figure%202%20GHS%20Pictographs%20Old%20and%20New.jpg

Will all the chemical manufacturers be ready by June 1st this year?

The switch over will be a total pain in the ass and costly for sure, as some companies will have to redesign their labels and possibly even small containers to make room for the symbols.

ghs-piktogramme.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
As a fat guy I would get offended... "Whaddayamean my jugs??!!... Are you one of 'em moob lovers??"
(I'm not fat)

I'd say 2-4 times a year people ask about the chems. "what do you use?"

I usually just say: we carry like 20 different chems to achieve the best cleaning results on different scenarios "

I sometimes start listing chemical names and just get a blank stare... " sodium bisulfate, percarbonate, 40vol, delimo, enzymes, acidic side rinse agents etcetera" and people just look because they're clueless about what any of that means.

"so don't you guys know about Folex? It's great stuff and we clean all these spots all the time they just come back..." so I go: I guess Folex doesn't actually clean them huh....

Reactions: Art Kelley
Name
Lee Stockwell
I do my best to never bring product containers inside. Other than the few inside my spotting bags. I used to share contact details off the jugs with nosy people but my boys chewed me out every time I did.

Once at the new Curris Center in 1981 we were cleaning stainless steel in 3 kitchens that ServiceMaster bailed on. I had every possible cleaner I could buy in Podunk sitting in milkcrates as we worked out a method that would work to remove glue and tape residue and restore a nice shine. The one that worked best I wrapped in white duct tape and went to town. SM's guys nosed around as we worked wrapping up a couple of days later, dutifully noting the contents of our stash, everything from Oven cleaners to CLR and a few goofy things along with several ineffective Stainless Steel cleaners. They didn't notice that all of them were still FULL.

I gathered the empty white taped cans immediately in a black trash bag and had the girls take them to the car when done.

Endust.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Never been asked...but carry all the MSDS for my products.

I have had people comment they have "Chemical Sensitivities" but when asked if tested and any reactions to certain things, most cannot tell you...

But....

I did get asked to see my Zipper....bottom yesterday :)

Zipper Down.jpg

Dennis Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Dennis Bruders
Legend Brands is working deligently on the GHS project to assure that all all business units products are in compliance by the June 1st deadline. This includes proper labeling and SDS. As Mikey so elequently stated it is a ton of work and time demands are great, we have allocated significant resources to assure our customers will be in complience.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The two times I've been asked for msds, both places were trashed. AND both were worried about the products an kids....

Made me think... Your worried about the products I'm using, but you have two cat pissing all over the place. AND you haven't vacuumed in months.

The other time they wanted a couch cleaned and it's COVERED in oil stains, jelly beans(synthetic dyes) and pop corn under the couch! Those little synthetic smelly things(plug ins?) in the outlet......

Just nutsssssss.

Mike Draper

When folks ask me about our products I tell them that we provide respirators to each client while were cleaning so they dont get sick from the toxic fumes. So far no complaints.

Reactions: dgardner

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Same here, rarely asked. Think we have been asked to see the DuPont Teflon Protector for maybe twice.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The comment I've gotten on Teflon is "will that make my floors slippery?"

Someone in DuPont marketing should have anticipated that one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom