How old is your water supply hose?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And when is the last time you replaced it? I went to replace a brass fitting on mine yesterday and noticed that my finger was black when I cut out the old rubber over the fitting from the wore out rubber inside the hose. We never talk about those hoses wearing out like the "black death" ss braided hoses. It's worth looking at. I'm wondering how long my hose has been that way. Oh well...new garden hose is now on the reel, and my water box is flushed out

Reactions: J Scott W

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The water supply hoses don't have to stand the heat as much as solution hose. Although they can get pretty warm just laying in the sun on a summer day. A decent water supply hose should last 5 years and probably longer. Still they should get replaced once in a while. You don't want it failing when you are out on a job.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I found my garden hose in the street. Duct taped all the pin holes. My plants thanks me now for watering them. As for the age...who knows.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lee Stockwell
I use 3/8' air hose on the truck, 3 x 50' spools with garden qc and ball valve on each.

At the house I fill with a 3/4" garden hose that ends up being replaced every year because it does full time gardening and grandkid duty.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use a premium 1/2 inch rubber hose with ball valves on either end. We hook up on every job and this hose lasts forever. Coils easily even in cold weather.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I use a premium 1/2 inch rubber hose with ball valves on either end. We hook up on every job and this hose lasts forever. Coils easily even in cold weather.
I thought mine would last forever also. But that black water I saw proved my theory wrong. I just bought a cheapo green colored garden hose to get to the next job. I'm gonna look for a 3/8 air hose to put on it so I can get a longer hose run in the next few months

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Call 1-800-783-9890 and talk to Will before you order anything stupid
Their stuff is excellent
The ONE time I try the cheap route. FOOK!

D3C8DDF5-5091-4585-AA4F-9054823D4335.jpeg

Reactions: Nomad74

steve_64

Every time I turn this hose on it foams for about 3 or 4 gallons until it flushes it out.20181027_130016_Film1.jpg20181027_130021_Film1.jpg
Something to think about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom