how old were you when you started cleaning?

steve_64

cleaned my first carpet at 16. had my first paying job cleaning at 13 or 14.

started my business at 42.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I was 20 years old when I started a steam carpet cleaning business. I never did any janitorial or different method of cleaning before then.

I am sure people thought I was nuts to buy a $5000 machine, a lot of money at that time. That Steam Way 400 was big (175 pound?) and loud with a positive displacement blower. Had a heater also, but even though it used 2 electrical cords, I would still have to carry plenty of good fuses with me so I could replace them when they blew.

At times I have toyed with the idea of growing, but have successfully resisted the urge. No regrets.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Mixed chemicals at 12 fixed porty's at 16 answered phones 17 and started cleaning then too.

My son cleaned his first room at 13 he's 18 now 110 degree day vacant foreclosure 90 plus inside threw the machine in 2nd speed pc quad wand talk about lock down he finished beat red and said. "I don't want to clean carpets I'm gonna stay in school".

Priceless!

Name
Nate W.
12, I vacuumed edges with a tank vacuum and vacuumed up the shampoo after my father scrubbed with a HILD scrubber. All for the low low price of $1.00 an hour. :(

You got paid?!? I got the whole room and board talk..... I was 13yrs old when I started full time...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Started cleaning at 26 when I was laid off from construction.I was the concrete foreman and heavy equipment operator. ( I Thought I would never get out of doing that stuff) 2 years at one cleaning company and then 2 years at an other. I was always the top producing tech. Then started my own company with a castex. A few years later I had a small fleet of guys with small trucks and portables and a telemarketing room with 10 phone lines. That is just the way it was done back then. We were dong 15-20 jobs a day and I wasn't making crap after expenses.Bigger isn't always better.Since then I went solo and I can keep most of what I make and a lot less headaches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom