How real men clean a staircase.

Mikey P

Administrator
hack?

came out great!

20130731_130339_zps0bf3a2e7.jpg

no mini wand or hand tool will out clean a full size, full flow wand.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm kidding.....I'd do it, but it makes me way too tired trying to manhandle the wand on a staircase.

Chris A

Name
Chris
yup, unless I cant get the bottom couple stairs I use my ti wand, occasionally I will use a hand tool if the bull nose is trashed.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

If custy isn't home, not a bad way to clean stairs. But....custy "perception" of that awkward way of cleaning stairs. Do you check whats under the stairs? Around here, there's finished ceilings under just about every staircase (basements in this neck of the woods). If steps are not built tight, all that extra rinse has to go somewhere before you follow up vacuum. Seen it, done it in my "formative" years. Try and charge $85 around these parts for a standard staircase, and you'll be wearing the custys foot in your arse! Hell, the insurance for WD cleaning only pays $2.50-3.00 a step.

I can probably get away with $50 for a full set of standard steps. That's pushin' it.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
That's cool but I definitely prefer using my stair tool as opposed to a full-size wand or upholstery tool

Mikey P

Administrator
thousands upon thousands of staircases cleaned this way...

if not more.

Ely's 4 months of experience is evident by his speed but he's got it down now to the point that I don't need to inspect his work.

Unless you guys are cleaning the whole house with a mini wand or hand tool, I'd have to call you a hypocrite.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think if it were possible to keep all the angles the same as wall to wall than maybe your analogy works, but with all the twisting and straining it isn't worth it.

A Prochem upholstery tool with a #2 jet will out clean anything, more lift as much flow as your ti wand why aren't you cleaning wall to wall with it??

Still if your happy doing it your way congratz my 5 foot 8 son couldn't do it that way maybe with a quad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GaryM

Name
Gary MacKay
I've been doing it that way for a long time and it's actually less labor intensive, faster & much more thorough. I do the noses on the way down then go back up & start from the top. I felt like a hack for a few days when I first did it but it wore off once I started cleaning the majority areas of sofas this way. Wait till you bust out a mattress in just 2 minutes for $75

Reactions: SamIam

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I've been a real man a few times, however I much prefer to be a puss! I believe a stair tool is much more aggressive where u need it to be. However with that being said we always ran church (wider) stairs with the Ti

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Usually use a stair tool but we also have this crappy little wand must be 8-9 inches that butler gave us on our first truck. Took me about a day to order a new one, its perfect for stairs though...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Isn't worth it to who?

$85 a set is more than worth it to me.

Physically a ti is a toy to you it's a big wand for the rest of us it's not worth the strain and pain you talked about.

So I guess you sons not getting a stair tool???

Reactions: KevinL

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I always follow up by toweling the stairs. Helps on the bullnoses and water that drips down the risers.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I always follow up by toweling the stairs. Helps on the bullnoses and water that drips down the risers.

I just do about 4 steps and then use the vacuum hose and run it across the bull nose...sucks all the water right up..picks the carpet up and makes it much dryer and look nicer......

no way I would try to use the Ti wand on stairs......I hate that wand.....plus the weight of the hoses and just trying to reach back to key the trigger would kill me.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's how I clean them too!

Large carpet wand for the tread but I go back with the small Prochem stair tool for the riser (rarely dirty) and to clean up the bullnose. I agree the big wand rinses so much better. Hurt my wrist after doing and set because it's awkward but it's faster and looks so much better due to the flushing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have in the last two weeks....two more weeks to go on the mold job and it should be back to normal. We are just been getting killed here.

I have to go out to clean carpet with them (one of the supervisors & a parttimer) this afternoon we start the Ronald McDonald house here 4,000sq/ft today and tomorrow. Saturday we have 25,000 at one university and 3,000 and another university and Monday a theater. Meanwhile we have had several WDR jobs one being a gym floor at a Junior College.

I'm beat, after work I went home picked up my mower and trimmer and cut the grass here and my mothers I dragged home at 9:00. It could be worse so I shouldn't complain, those poor mold guys have been come in at 7:00AM for two weeks now and the gym floor guys have been coming at 5:00 AM. :errf:

We hired 5-temps to help out but only two have hung in there, the other three couldn't handle it. I feel like the guy with his finger in the dike, we just have to hold on until they finish the mold job. LOL

Scott Rampage

Name
Scott Rampage
A real man cleans a staircase with a titanium wand 2and a half inch hose and a powerful truck mount.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom