How real men clean a staircase.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
To each his own

I find maneuvering with that mofo you're using to be actually a lot more work and harder on the back and the rest of the body.

I use this: http://pmftools.com/prodStair24.php

I find it to do better, faster and with more flow cleaning. Did I mentioned better results? I can clean the nose going sideways much better. And..............being on my knees (the only drawback, though I don't have to contort my body like the guy in your video) actually help keep my back straight at all times.

On the other hand El Mike- Carry on :hopeless:

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A real man cleans a staircase with a titanium wand 2and a half inch hose and a powerful truck mount.

actually......real men know how to work smart and not put extra stress on there body that is not necessary.......your a young one.......keep that up and by the time your the age of most of us BDCC.......your body is going to be all screwed up...............

Reactions: KevinL

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
hack?

came out great!

20130731_130339_zps0bf3a2e7.jpg

no mini wand or hand tool will out clean a full size, full flow wand.

I have a cut down 10" with a 11008 jet that will out flush any 6(little pissy) jet wand on stairs.
Much more maneuverable and cleans better in cracks and crevices than a glided wand.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
agreed, not the best method for 90 pound Grandpa's..

Toweling is good too.

90 lb Grandapa......I like that cut! As much as you think you'll be sitting behind a desk when your 60+, don't count on it too much....unless you're a "Ken".

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I think if it were possible to keep all the angles the same as wall to wall than maybe your analogy works, but with all the twisting and straining it isn't worth it.

A Prochem upholstery tool with a #2 jet will out clean anything, more lift as much flow as your ti wand why aren't you cleaning wall to wall with it??

Still if your happy doing it your way congratz my 5 foot 8 son couldn't do it that way maybe with a quad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agree with Sam here. More finesse with a PC Upholstery tool, and probably faster. Also can clean along the wall sides of the steps, where filtration dirt settles in this area.

Also with Brad.....do you turn the heat down for the stairs? My wand (quad or Ti) would be burning your hands from the heat of the Genny. No way could it held like that without gloves or a towel.

To each their own method....whatever works for you.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I hacked some steps out in a rental that way today and it wasn't any easier. My usual method is to first mist them with the wand. Then rotary scrub them with a 12" scrubber. Often I'll use the wand for the risers. Then I use a two jetted hand tool ( A one jet tool with often distort the pile) for the steps and bullnose followed with a toweling.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have now seen two internet guru's videos on how to clean stairs. I liked the other one better.

However, I must say that I often clean stairs the way you do, only I clean the risers on the way up (so I am not stepping all over clean carpet) and the treads on the way down.

Now that my son is working with me, the stairs tool comes off the truck more often because he is much shorter and doesn't like having to jump up to trigger the wand on stairs.

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
That is how i do it to. At 62 it kicks my but, but it only lasts 10 to 15 min. for $75 I get over it reel quick .

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Cleaned a set yesterday like that, using the AW29 of course : )

Sometimes I run into problems hitting the ceiling transition towards the bottom, or getting tangled up against the wall, just hate it when you gotta turn a corner to enter the stair well!

Chris A

Name
Chris
ive been wearing asics for a few years now, get 4 months or so out of them, super happy with them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom