How to buy carpet

any of you guys prosorce members? you can get 50% off carpet and they have a store's in many cities across the usa....30% off tile and linoleum....

M

Mark Imbesi

Every carpet cleaner should be a member of ProSource. Refer your clients there, their sales staff waits on your client, selections are made and paid for by the client, an installer referral list is provided (or you network with one of your own), client pays installer direct, you receive a referral check monthly. All you did was hand your client an invitation to the showroom. Easy add-on money.

TimP

How about having family who owns a carpet store. I bet I can get it cheaper than you prosource guys.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Dear Dad,

Although we have been in the retail business for over 50 years and sell such name products as Karastan, Ralph Lauren, Axeminster, Nourison, and Masland.. it has been suggested that we become a member of the local Prosource to generate more add on sales for the cleaning division....

yeah I think it probably wouldn't go over well for me either. :roll:

Don M

I own a carpet store and clean carpet. Have been to prosource. Almost like buying carpet at Home Depot.

TimP

I asked before if people were interested in a source for wholesale carpet. But everyone was confident with the price they were getting to even see if I could get it to them for less. But IDGAS anyway.

M

Mark Imbesi

Are you going to sell @ a 10% or below margin to get the sale? Your ProSource Rep will not let you lose a sale to a crappy retailer. Like I said above, they work for you. You do not need to be there for the sale to happen and you get a referral check. That's what their business is. Are you gonna trust a crappy retailer to do the same? Plus, the crappy retailer, pays crappy wages to their installers, thus crappy installs...not a good idea to refer. And, you certainly dont need their referrals to be successful.

TimP

I don't care what the profit level is as long as I don't have to touch the carpet, 10-20% depending on the price of the carpet is fine. Obviously higher for the cheap stuff. It's not hard if someone picks out some carpet, order it and send it on it's way. You deal with unloading it and installing it, and being there when the truck arives too cause they don't really make appointments the way I understand it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom