How to clean quartzite floor?

Name
Nate W.
20150914_103754.jpg

I was told this was quartzite and I was curious on how you'd go able cleaning it? I'm no stone of hard surface expert. It's a pretty big area roughly 7,500sf that they say someone cleans it once a year. I think it needs at least twice a year, due to the soil load and build up that gets tracked onto the carpets. It's asphalt parking lots that you walk from to the quartzite tiled entry then onto CGD carpet. I'd assume a neutral cleaner, light scrub and rinse with a turbo or tile wand. It has lippage and isn't smooth/flat. Doesn't look like there's a sealer on it, just dirty. I doubt an auto scrubber would work, I don't even know how to work one anyways.

Most likely won't get the job as they don't budget well for cleanings, but the property manager said to give a bid anyways. How much to clean?

Mikey P

Administrator
We have a repeat who has this..

Alkaline prespray, CRB, Tubo spinner, edge tool, fan dry, slop and mop your sealer.
If you use a sealer that needs it's excess buffed off, you'll be hating life as your bonnets get shredded from the rough surface. I doubt you want to hand buff 7000 feet so I'd highly recommend Cobbs Ultraseal. Two coats, ten minutes apart then fan dry.
Use a flat mop apply

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
What is this? Facebook?

You want ME to tell YOU how much you're worth and hour without knowing all the details?

$5.00 a foot.

Name
cameron demille
$7 a foot? If you're customer is stupid enough to pay, good for you.

Klenztone #3 and a 180 grit brush on a 175 machine will clean this very quickly. I would run the machine and brush, then extract with the truck mount, nothing will get it cleaner. You can use an Alkaline instead of Klenztone, but there is no dwell time with Klenztone.

Obligitory klenztone warning: It etches glass, metal, polished granite, porcelain etc. get it only on the surface you are cleaning.,

https://www.regentstoneproducts.com/item_detail2.aspx?ItemCode=KLENZTONE

Sealing quartzite is super easy as well. I would charge around $2.50 to clean and seal

Name
Nate W.
$7 a foot? If you're customer is stupid enough to pay, good for you.

Klenztone #3 and a 180 grit brush on a 175 machine will clean this very quickly. I would run the machine and brush, then extract with the truck mount, nothing will get it cleaner. You can use an Alkaline instead of Klenztone, but there is no dwell time with Klenztone.

Obligitory klenztone warning: It etches glass, metal, polished granite, porcelain etc. get it only on the surface you are cleaning.,

https://www.regentstoneproducts.com/item_detail2.aspx?ItemCode=KLENZTONE

Sealing quartzite is super easy as well. I would charge around $2.50 to clean and seal

I was just being a smartass to Mikey.... I was actually waiting for you chime in... This place has glass, and metal window frames that line the front of the entrance... I'm still working on finding out how much the other guy charges to see if it's even worth it... They do have multiple properties and it'd be nice jobs to get... I'm trying to help them maintain the appearance of the carpets... It's hard because the surrounding areas need more cleaning...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom