How to clean rough, painted concrete

Floored

Name
Aaron
Hi everyone

I am opening a bicycle shop, and need a good daily maintenance machine and chemical for the floor.

The floor is concrete, that I first shot blast and then painted with 3 coats of a Rustoleum concrete paint. Not a 2 part epoxy, but a 1 part concrete paint.

The floor has divots, cracks, creases, and areas that have a rough aggregate texture.

A mop isn't working well.

The floor will experience normal retail foot traffic, and bike tires rolled across it. They leave a little bit of a black rubber mark if someone is sitting on it and rolling it around a bit to size it up.

Because the floor has divots and rough areas, I am thinking an auto scrubber will work best because it can extract the water out of these areas. Price wise, the Powr-Flite CAS16 is about as high as we can budget. Would it be a suitable machine?

What would a suitable chemical be for daily cleaning? Is there an additive that can be used to make subsequent cleanings easier? It seems to get dirty quick, and doesn't like to clean up. Takes a bit of work to remove dirt from high traffic areas.

Thank you for any help. Any input would really help us out.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Powrflite should probably work but remember dwell time is your friend..

Mop down your neutral oh, no rinse cleaning solution that you'll be buying at your local janitorial supply and let it sit for a few minutes before running the scrubber. Of if possible, run the unit with tnt vacuum turn off, agitating in the non, then extract after a few...

Floored

Name
Aaron
Than you very much. That machine ha a separate switch for the vacuum motor, so we can brush it around and then pick up. Powr flite has a neutral ph cleaner, and a flat shipping cost promo so I might add it to the order, and then find a source locally.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Sam's club has a good one with a nice fragrance to it. Make sure to get a Neutral no rinse cleaner and not a degreaser or HD floor cleaner.

Reactions: Mikey P

brzelt

Name
Bruce Zelt
You should consider putting down a good urethane over the paint in order to have a good wear surface

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom